Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue April 25th) Q Final !!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Prove the doubters wrong Kyren

COME ON

Yes hope he can settle quickly and not make the mistakes of last year's Quarter-Final.

he is more experienced now and this year he isnt playing Selby just a 40 year old has been

Postby Ronnie79

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Prove the doubters wrong Kyren

COME ON

Yes hope he can settle quickly and not make the mistakes of last year's Quarter-Final.

he is more experienced now and this year he isnt playing Selby just a 40 year old has been

You could regret that statement on Monday night

Postby Andre147

a 40 year old has been that beat probably the best Mark Allen I've seen, especially in the 1st session....

Wild you need to give credit where credit is due. Higgins may have consistency problems these days, but take nothing away from the remarkable performance he did against Allen.

Higgins has as good a chance as anyone left in the tournament to win it. If he can remain consistent, maybe only Selby at his best may stop him.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:a 40 year old has been that beat probably the best Mark Allen I've seen, especially in the 1st session....

Wild you need to give credit where credit is due. Higgins may have consistency problems these days, but take nothing away from the remarkable performance he did against Allen.

Higgins has as good a chance as anyone left in the tournament to win it. If he can remain consistent, maybe only Selby at his best may stop him.

I agree I can't see him not reaching the final can't see Hawkins beating him over bo33

Postby Andre147

But I'm not gonna backtrack on what I've been saying for 3 years: Higgins wont ever win the WC again. That's how I see it. But this year he's playing the sort of Snooker that could see him become World Champion. Hope not.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:a 40 year old has been that beat probably the best Mark Allen I've seen, especially in the 1st session....

If Higgins has consistency problems what's Kyren got?

Postby vodkadiet

eraserhead wrote:

If Higgins has consistency problems what's Kyren got?

Exactly. He has lost against quite a few lower ranked players. If Higgins plays the way he did against Allen he may as well take 'The Times Crossword" out with him as he won't be at the table much.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:But I'm not gonna backtrack on what I've been saying for 3 years: Higgins wont ever win the WC again. That's how I see it. But this year he's playing the sort of Snooker that could see him become World Champion. Hope not.

Sound you kinda have backtracked lol

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:But I'm not gonna backtrack on what I've been saying for 3 years: Higgins wont ever win the WC again. That's how I see it. But this year he's playing the sort of Snooker that could see him become World Champion. Hope not.

Sound you kinda have backtracked lol

sounds like it dont it rofl

Postby Wildey

a match lasts more than 1 session in the second session there was a lot of chances for Allen he did not take them.

Higgins was let off the hook time after time after time you cant give players like that gifts because if you do they will grow in confidence as was the case in the 3rd session for Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Can someone set up a poll I am really interested to see how many people give Wilson a chance of winning against Higgins

Of course he has a decent chance of winning. In fact anyone has a decent chance in any match from now on. It is all about what happens on the day. Luck will play a big part as it always does.

Could go either way. 50/50 match.

Postby SnookerFan

So, what you're saying is, Higgins won't win it. Unless he wins it.

Postby Pedro147

I think Selby beats Fu quite handily. I was at the semi's last year between the pair and it was a really poor standard, both players missing a lot of balls. But Selby hasn't had to do much in his first two matches so I expect him to have too much left in the tank. Fu put in a lot against Robbo so I imagine something like 13-8 to Selby.

Fancy Ronnie to have too much for Ding, about 13-10 or 13-9. Still not convinced Ding has the mental strength to win a world title. He's got the game but seems to play with the weight of the world on his shoulders at times.

Wilson vs Higgins I honestly cannot pick a winner, could go either way but I'll go with Wilson. Maybe 13-11 or 13-12.

Fancy Barry to beat Mags about 13-10, his game made for longer events and think his tactical game will be the difference.

But it's a brilliant line-up so looking forward to all the matches bar the Selby match which I don't think will be competitive.

Postby Ronnie79

SnookerFan wrote:

So, what you're saying is, Higgins won't win it. Unless he wins it.

I don't think Andre agassi has a Scooby he has called Higgins to never win a world again and then says he could win it this year. Is that not an oxymoron ?.

Postby Pedro147

Fu was poor against Brecel and the standard in his match with Robbo was a poor standard too. Probably the most exciting matches of the tournament but that was down to poor misses and positional play. Selby has coasted.

Suppose we all see it differently but that's just how I see it. Hope I'm wrong though.