Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue April 25th) Q Final !!

Postby mantorok

It sickens me that they have butchered the UK, look at the buzz these big tournaments create? The UK should back to BO17 for the first 2 rounds, then BO19 for QF/SF and a final of BO25. Or we need another tournament that comes a little closer to the WC.

It's a shame because after this we have to wait a whole year for the same buzz.
Last edited by mantorok on 25 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Muppet147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Ding 13 - 11 Ronnie
Wilson 13 - Higgins 10
Selby 13 - 11 Fu
Maguire 13 - 10 Hawkins.

We'll wait and see pal.All will be revealed over thf next two days.

Thats my predictions but as we know anything can and probably will happen.

Haha. My own predictions would be exactly the opposite of those.

Postby The Herminator

mantorok wrote:It sickens me that they have butchered the UK, look at the buzz these big tournaments create? The UK should back to BO17 for the first 2 rounds, then BO19 for QF/SF and a final of BO25. Or we need another tournament that comes a little closer to the WC.

100% true. But Barry ain't interested.

Postby GJ

Ronnie79 wrote:Wilson has had family issues off the table guys his dad has ms.plus I think he is a big event player gets himself up for the majors

<ok>

Postby mantorok

The Herminator wrote:
mantorok wrote:It sickens me that they have butchered the UK, look at the buzz these big tournaments create? The UK should back to BO17 for the first 2 rounds, then BO19 for QF/SF and a final of BO25. Or we need another tournament that comes a little closer to the WC.

100% true. But Barry ain't interested.

If they get the right sponsorship in future there is room for another large tournament, never say never.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The UK Championship aint as prestigious for me any more, either.

Robbo has won 2 so it is imo <cool>

:zzz:

All the abuse he gets if his main fan doesn't stick for him who will <laugh>

Postby GJ

mantorok wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The UK Championship aint as prestigious for me any more, either.

Ronnie's won it 5 times so it's the most prestigious tournament on the calendar imo.

my comment was tongue in cheek <ok>

Postby The Herminator

mantorok wrote:
GJ wrote:

Ronnie's won it 5 times so it's the most prestigious tournament on the calendar imo.

Just behind the Sky Premier League.

Postby mantorok

GJ wrote:
mantorok wrote:
GJ wrote:

my comment was tongue in cheek <ok>

So was mine :evilgrin:

Postby Bairnshelob

Skippy has left the building. The fraud from abroad is safely back in his nest, carefully combing through his collection of favourite lagumes. After a whole Summer of turbo tofu eating and half a bucket of peroxide, he will return whiter than white, ready to become world no.1. I believe he will be working on his peacock strut a tad too. So be careful folks, nothing will stop the chunder from down under.

Ah....................................................................snooker returns to the BBC with Ronnie today. I've missed it the last three days. On display today; the two finest breakbuilders ever, showing huge dollops of class, in clearing the table up. Now that's proper.

Postby The Herminator

GJ wrote:Cant believe Williams is only on 383 career centuries , just shows 70's and 80's are as effective.

True. I think Williams was never bothered about getting the century when he'd won the frame though. He'd start showboating. Probably would have had a lot more otherwise.
Last edited by The Herminator on 25 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Bairnshelob wrote:Skippy has left the building. The fraud from abroad is safely back in his nest, carefully combing through his collection of favourite lagumes. After a whole Summer of turbo tofu eating and half a bucket of peroxide, he will return whiter than white, ready to become world no.1. I believe he will be working on his peacock strut a tad too. So be careful folks, nothing will stop the chunder from down under.

Ah....................................................................snooker returns to the BBC with Ronnie today. I've missed it the last three days. On display today; the two finest breakbuilders ever, showing huge dollops of class, in clearing the table up. Now that's proper.

So your a Ronnie fan not a snooker fan

Thanks for clearing that up <ok>

Postby mantorok

Bairnshelob wrote:Skippy has left the building. The fraud from abroad is safely back in his nest, carefully combing through his collection of favourite lagumes. After a whole Summer of turbo tofu eating and half a bucket of peroxide, he will return whiter than white, ready to become world no.1. I believe he will be working on his peacock strut a tad too. So be careful folks, nothing will stop the chunder from down under.

You're going to look like a sausage if the matches are all scrappy, tight affairs with low-quality break-building.

Postby GJ

mantorok wrote:

You're going to look like a sausage if the matches are all scrappy, tight affairs with low-quality break-building.

He sounds like a remake of seifer the rochdale spacer <laugh>

Postby Bairnshelob

GJ wrote:

So your a Ronnie fan not a snooker fan

Thanks for clearing that up <ok>

Any snooker fan is also a Ronnie and Ding fan. I always wonder why some cannot understand this concept. How can we not admire Hendry and Davis as well? These are the true greats all fans should rejoice.