Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 24th) Last 16 !! !

Postby LowKey

Ronnie79 wrote:Low key it's fair to say smurf will never win another world title it will be 13 years since he won it next year. That would be the lowest gap between title not a fu*king hope he will win it again

Yes, but he almost won in 2015. That's recent. Lost 18-15 to Bingham in the final. There is definitely a small chance he could win another.

Postby Alex0paul

LowKey wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Low key it's fair to say smurf will never win another world title it will be 13 years since he won it next year. That would be the lowest gap between title not a fu*king hope he will win it again

Yes, but he almost won in 2015. That's recent. Lost 18-15 to Bingham in the final. There is definitely a small chance he could win another.

There is no chance

Postby Vallomas

What an entertaining match that was! Not of the best quality, but really a pleasure to watch, as it showed the human side of a very difficult game.

Fu was the best player after being 1-4 down by a little margin, but he couldn't pull away. Fortunately he did it in the last session, where he played clearly better snooker than Robertson.

Against Selby it will be a totally different match, but it's not the only reason that I'm eager for tomorrow. Ronnie v Ding, Higgins v Wilson, Hawkins v Maguire. Very-very tasty matches.

Postby vodkadiet

Far better than Fu won that match. Robertson was lucky to get 11 frames. Selby would have destroyed him. Fu has resilience and will test Selby, and could win if he hits one of his scoring streaks.

Robertson should have a long break from the game. He is thinking far too much and playing at a pace that is hindering his chances. Surely he must have someone advising him?

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:Lads have you seen twitter Hearn having a presser 2mrw with titanic announcements, christ what could that be ?. A new tourney in China prize money to increase the usual boll*ox

Doesnt Hearn have a presser during the World Championship every year?

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:Far better than Fu won that match. Robertson was lucky to get 11 frames. Selby would have destroyed him. Fu has resilience and will test Selby, and could win if he hits one of his scoring streaks.

Robertson should have a long break from the game. He is thinking far too much and playing at a pace that is hindering his chances. Surely he must have someone advising him?

Fully agree , Selby would have destroyed him , any win tonight would have papered over the cracks

Postby Ronnie79

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Lads have you seen twitter Hearn having a presser 2mrw with titanic announcements, christ what could that be ?. A new tourney in China prize money to increase the usual boll*ox

He does but the headline is titanic announcements due wtf ? What ye reckon ?.

Postby Ronnie79

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Chalk the only one I can give you off the top of my head is Higgins 13-8 is that ok for the mo ?

Sound Ron.Snooker loopy nuts are we.I'm getting a good nights kip in readiness for tomorrows snooker bonanza.

It's warming up nicely business end now

Postby Souvent

Ronnie79 wrote:Almost never done it sur Jimmy almost won in 94 and never played in another world final. Smurf is done it's just a shame he won one at all he is so smug

It would definitely make more sense to have Matthew Stevens as a WC. But unfortunately he didn't have it in him.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

A non-bookie sponsor for next year's WC? Highly unlikely, but you never know.

A new tournament in Japan, USA or Russia perhaps? Would be very exciting, but again, i just can't see it.

One possibility that is somewhat likely is he's going to announce a £500k winners cheque for next season's world championship winner.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Far better than Fu won that match. Robertson was lucky to get 11 frames. Selby would have destroyed him. Fu has resilience and will test Selby, and could win if he hits one of his scoring streaks.

Fully agree , Selby would have destroyed him , any win tonight would have papered over the cracks

GJ

It was very disappointing, but maybe he will now assess where he is going wrong? He is overcomplicating everything. I expected far more than that. Anyway, at least he won the title once, which is once more than 'Burger Boy' will ever win it.

Postby Scooper

Ronnie79 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

WC is moving to China immediately, this year included.

Postby vodkadiet

Scooper wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

WC is moving to China immediately, this year included.

Tony Knowles has been installed as the 13/8 favourite with Ladbrokes for next year's first ever World Championship in Beijing.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the update after the second round of the World Championship. Predictions for a Neil Robertson maximum break have seen a three point deduction from their total.

It the scores are looking very tight heading into the quarter-finals.

Table at the conclusion of the second round(24/31 Matches Played)
150 SNOOKERFAN 20 - 1
149 WILDEY 2WC 20 - 2
148 TONYP 19 - 5
147 THECLEAVER 21 - 3
146 SUNDAYGIRL 20 - 2
142 GCJDAVID 19 - 2
141 PLTHEREF 19 - 2
139 SKULLMAN 19 - 1
138 CLOUD STRIFE 18 - 3
136 SLOWJOE 18 - 2
135 ERASERHEAD 18 - 3
134 VODKADIET 18 - 2
133 PINK BALL 18 - 2
131 SAS6789 18 - 0
130 STEVEJJ 17 - 5
128 NICE_SHOES_KEN 17 - 3
127 ANDRE147 18 - 0
124 ALEX0PAUL 17 - 2
124 SAVOMILOSEVIC 17 - 1
120 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 15 - 4
118 SCOTTCORNO 17 - 1
111 KOLOMPAR 15 - 2
110 AIMLESSWANDEER 14 - 3
104 OONEBSOO 15 - 2
96 TAMCTUS 13 - 1
90 GJ 12 - 3
55 VOTESFORGOATS 7 - 1

The overall totals are 452 correct results and 57 correct scorelines from 640 predictions.

Today saw Aimlesswandeer top the leaderboard with 25 points. Though quite a few went 13-6 in the Hawkins and Selby fixtures, I think only TonyP and Aimlesswandeer went 13-11 Fu in the other match.

Monday's Table
25 AIMLESSWANDEER
23 TONYP
23 STEVEJJ
23 SNOOKERFAN
23 WILDEY 2WC
23 VOTESFORGOATS
21 NICE_SHOES_KEN
19 SLOWJOE
18 THECLEAVER
16 ALEX0PAUL
16 GCJDAVID
16 BADSNOOKERPLAYER
16 KOLOMPAR
16 PLTHEREF
14 CLOUD STRIFE
14 SAS6789
14 SKULLMAN
14 ANDRE147
14 SUNDAYGIRL
14 SAVOMILOSEVIC
14 SCOTTCORNO
13 PINK BALL
12 ERASERHEAD
10 VODKADIET
10 OONEBSOO
6 GJ
X TAMCTUS

And for the fun of it and by the fact that it doesn't have an update of its own. Here's the second round table.

Second round table
64 SNOOKERFAN
58 SLOWJOE
55 STEVEJJ
55 VOTESFORGOATS
53 SKULLMAN
53 PLTHEREF
51 NICE_SHOES_KEN
51 WILDEY 2WC
50 THECLEAVER
50 AIMLESSWANDEER
48 TONYP
46 GCJDAVID
46 CLOUD STRIFE
46 SAVOMILOSEVIC
44 ALEX0PAUL
42 VODKADIET
42 SUNDAYGIRL
41 BADSNOOKERPLAYER
41 KOLOMPAR
37 SCOTTCORNO
35 SAS6789
35 ERASERHEAD
35 ANDRE147
27 PINK BALL
26 OONEBSOO
22 GJ
X TAMCTUS

Postby vodkadiet

snucar wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:at least he won the title once

Robertson is far too good to win this only once, even the haters know this. He needs to get his act together and quickly.

Yes, but you only win what you deserve to win. The world is full of underachievers.

Postby Ronnie79

snucar wrote:

Robertson is far too good to win this only once, even the haters know this. He needs to get his act together and quickly.

Jimmy was far too good not to win it at all. I'm not a hater but Robbo won't win this title again

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:
snucar wrote:

Jimmy was far too good not to win it at all. I'm not a hater but Robbo won't win this title again

Well, he might win it again. He is capable. Form is transient, class is permanent.

Postby Andre147

At one point Robbo had more Majors than Selby, and at the time if you told me that a few years later Selby would be twice World winner, plus more Majors than Robbo I wouldnt have believed you.

Robbo for me at his best is better than Selby, unfortunately for him his best is long gone atm, plus his overthinking doesnt help his game.

Postby PLtheRef

snucar wrote:

I remember discussing this with someone last year after the Holt defeat. I suggested there might be parallels to John Higgins here in that it took him so long to regain the title he won in 2007 having initially won it in 1998 and gone out to players in recent years who although they played well enough to beat him you'd never be expecting a player of John Higgins' calibre to lose to.

He's good enough to win it multiple times, but you only need to be on the trophy once to be remembered.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie79 wrote:
snucar wrote:

Jimmy still believes he has a world title in him.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:At one point Robbo had more Majors than Selby, and at the time if you told me that a few years later Selby would be twice World winner, plus more Majors than Robbo I wouldnt have believed you.

Robbo for me at his best is better than Selby, unfortunately for him his best is long gone atm, plus his overthinking doesnt help his game.

I agree Robbo has gone to negative he is more afraid of losing than going out to win in big matches. His Crucible record since he won is dire