Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 23rd) Last 16!!!!

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Virgo dissing Fu's ranking title achievements.

Wouldn't you if you'd won as many titles as JV?

John Virgo has won a triple crown event. Fu hasn't.

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Yeah back when the UK had as much relevance as a PTC.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

True. Not a ranking event when he won it, mind.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

To be fair, I find Willie Thorne more annoying. "I wouldn't have made that shot. And I should know. I made a lot of 147s in practice."

I remember on Fantasy Football League in the 90s when they had a VHS tape called 'Gary Lineker & Willie Thorne : the Best of Friends', Frank Skinner read from the blurb on the back :

"Gary Lineker won the Copa del Rey & European Cup-Winner's-Cup with Barcelona, the FA Cup with Tottenham, scored a joint record 49 goals for England & won the Golden Boot for being the top scorer in the 1986 World Cup.

Willie Thorne is a former winner of the Mercantile Credit Classic."

Postby Cheshire Cat

GJ wrote:Hawk on the drink last night ....

If Hawkins loses here, I think Kyren or Higgins will be in the final. Trying to imagine Mags / Mcleod / Dott taking on Kyren or Higgins over 33 frames in the semis is not happening.

Postby Skullman

Cheshire Cat wrote:

If Hawkins loses here, I think Kyren or Higgins will be in the final. Trying to imagine Mags / Mcleod / Dott taking on Kyren or Higgins over 33 frames in the semis is not happening.

Let's not pretend Kyren is anywhere near unbeatable. If Dott or Maguire got to the semis, they are well capable of beating him.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Let's not pretend Kyren is anywhere near unbeatable. If Dott or Maguire got to the semis, they are well capable of beating him.

Were we pretending that?

Postby Cheshire Cat

Skullman wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

He's not unbeatable, but on current form he's better than them. You said the other day just that this isn't the 2000s anymore when it comes to Higgins, likewise I think this isn't the 2000s for Mags and Dott either.

They're still good players on their day, but shadows of the players they once were.