Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 23rd) Last 16!!!!

Postby vodkadiet

snucar wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The worst World Champion ever was Dennis Taylor. He is also the worst commentator. At least he is consistent.

How Dennis Taylor, with a world title plus another runner-up place and two semis, a Masters title, winner of a prestigious tournament as the Grand Prix and several other finals (all lost to Davis and Hendry), can be inferior to Stuart Bingham is beyond me.

I forgot about Bingham! I will give you that.

I was annoyed when Higgins lost that Masters final from 8-5 up. He had played really well that week.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is tonights table after the early finish to the Maguire v McLeod match. That leaderboard is getting rather interesting with plenty of points remaining up for grabs.

Day 9 Table - (21/31 Matches Played)
132 SUNDAYGIRL 18 - 2
129 THECLEAVER 18 - 2
127 SNOOKERFAN 17 - 1
126 WILDEY 2WC 17 - 2
126 GCJDAVID 17 - 1
125 PLTHEREF 17 - 2
125 SKULLMAN 17 - 1
125 TONYP 16 - 4
124 VODKADIET 17 - 1
124 CLOUD STRIFE 16 - 3
123 ERASERHEAD 16 - 3
120 PINK BALL 16 - 2
117 SLOWJOE 16 - 1
117 SAS6789 16 - 0
113 ANDRE147 16 - 0
110 SAVOMILOSEVIC 15 - 1
110 STEVEJJ 14 - 4
108 ALEX0PAUL 15 - 1
107 NICE_SHOES_KEN 14 - 3
104 SCOTTCORNO 15 - 1
104 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 13 - 3
96 TAMCTUS 13 - 1
95 KOLOMPAR 13 - 2
94 OONEBSOO 14 - 1
85 AIMLESSWANDEER 11 - 2
84 GJ 11 - 3
32 VOTESFORGOATS 4 - 0

With only one finish today the day's table is very much a tale of four scores, 11, 9, 7 or nowt. The vast majority went for Maguire, Three went 13-4 but it's TonyP who takes the top score tonight, having accurately predicted that the Scot would beat McLeod 13-3.

Sunday's table
11 TONYP
9 OONEBSOO
9 SNOOKERFAN
9 VOTESFORGOATS
7 ALEX0PAUL
7 VODKADIET
7 GCJDAVID
7 BADSNOOKERPLAYER
7 CLOUD STRIFE
7 SAS6789
7 PINK BALL
7 NICE_SHOES_KEN
7 SKULLMAN
7 ERASERHEAD
7 STEVEJJ
7 ANDRE147
7 SUNDAYGIRL
7 WILDEY 2WC
7 PLTHEREF
7 THECLEAVER
7 SLOWJOE
7 SAVOMILOSEVIC
7 SCOTTCORNO
7 AIMLESSWANDEER
0 KOLOMPAR
0 GJ
X TAMCTUS

Postby SnookerEd25

The Herminator wrote:If you can't get excited by a Ronnie-Higgins final you're dead inside.

I don't think I'm dead inside. I feel pretty alive. Still would prefer anybody but Higgins in the final, though; even Maguire.

Postby The Herminator

SnookerEd25 wrote:
The Herminator wrote:If you can't get excited by a Ronnie-Higgins final you're dead inside.

I don't think I'm dead inside. I feel pretty alive. Still would prefer anybody but Higgins in the final, though; even Maguire.

I'd be happy for Maguire to reach the final, but ROS-Higgins would be special. The last showdown of two crucible legends. I just don't see how any snooker fan can',t be excited by that prospect. Even if you hate one or both.

Postby mantorok

The Herminator wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

I'd be happy for Maguire to reach the final, but ROS-Higgins would be special. The last showdown of two crucible legends. I just don't see how any snooker fan can',t be excited by that prospect. Even if you hate one or both.

So if you hate both players in the final you should still be excited by it? Lol

There has to be an element of support for one or both players otherwise it's not worth watching.

Postby snucar

The Herminator wrote:I just don't see how any snooker fan can',t be excited by that prospect. Even if you hate one or both.

You're falling to the same ol' trap. You're mistaking snooker fans with Ronnie fans. They don't want Higgins in the final because they fear him, a lot!!! They want their hero to have it as easy as possible. A 5th Higgins title??? God forbid!!
Last edited by snucar on 23 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Herminator

mantorok wrote:
The Herminator wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

There has to be an element of support for one or both players otherwise it's not worth watching.

Surely in a match like that there's one you'd favour even if it's not your favourite?

Postby Chalk McHugh

snucar wrote:
The Herminator wrote:I just don't see how any snooker fan can',t be excited by that prospect. Even if you hate one or both.

You're falling to the same ol' trap. You're mistaking snooker fans with Ronnie fans. They don't want Higgins in the final because they fear him, a lot!!! They want their hero to have it as easy as possible. A 5th Higgins title??? God forbid!!

Not for me.I'm a massive Ronnie fan but would embrace a Higgins final.Forget about fear.It would be tremendous.

Postby Chalk McHugh

The Herminator wrote:
mantorok wrote:
The Herminator wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Surely in a match like that there's one you'd favour even if it's not your favourite?

I agree.No matter who's playing i always end up rooting for one of the two players.

Postby Holden Chinaski

snucar wrote:

I'm a Ronnie fan and I would love to see a Higgins v Ronnie final. They are the two best players of their generation and have one of the best rivalries ever. I respect Higgins a lot. Another final between those two would be amazing. Even if Ronnie loses to Higgins I wouldn't regret it.

Postby SnookerEd25

snucar wrote:

I'm not a Ronnie fan, or a Higgins fan; don't really care for either of them off the table, hence out of everybody left in it, they're the 2 I'd least like to contest the final.

Hawkins / Fu if I could pick it.