Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 23rd) Last 16!!!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:Galway thrash Tipperary in the hurling league final, we will win the All Ireland in September.

Congrats pal on a great display.I'm a little sad as i have Tipp connections.Galway bullied Tipp all over the field and all day long.

Postby PLtheRef

A quick look through the Crucible Almanac reveals that Maguire is the first player to win two consecutive best of 25 frame matches with sessions to spare since Hendry did it in the 2004 (quarter-final) and 2005 (second round) World Championships.

Steve Davis did it in 1989 - both the last 16 and quarter-finals.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:A quick look through the Crucible Almanac reveals that Maguire is the first player to win two consecutive best of 25 frame matches with sessions to spare since Hendry did it in the 2004 (quarter-final) and 2005 (second round) World Championships.

So you're saying that Mags is as good as Davis and Hendry?

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Galway thrash Tipperary in the hurling league final, we will win the All Ireland in September.

Congrats pal on a great display.I'm a little sad as i have Tipp connections.Galway bullied Tipp all over the field and all day long.

Where are you from? I've been saying for a while that we're the most likely to eat Tipp, but I wasn't expecting that result today. It'll be interesting to see if we can reproduce that form for Championship. My gut says we won't.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I'm Dublin born and bred.But parents are Tipp.I love our two great games.

Dubs have done us proud the last seven years.

I've been to nearly 20 All Ireland hurling finals including Galway's losses in 01,05,12 draw and replay and 15.Id like to see the tribesmen win Liam McCarthy.

All Ireland hurling final day is my favourite day of the year.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

:win:

YOU A GALWAY MAN TOO VODKADIET?????

No. A lot of my family are from Cork.

I was just lending support to the team you support. You are from Galway, right?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:A quick look through the Crucible Almanac reveals that Maguire is the first player to win two consecutive best of 25 frame matches with sessions to spare since Hendry did it in the 2004 (quarter-final) and 2005 (second round) World Championships.

So you're saying that Mags is as good as Davis and Hendry?

Yes he is <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Souvent wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby wears sensible shoes

He's not like Trump and Murphy with their complicated shoes!

Loved Seinfeld. Also love Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a genius!