Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 22st) Last 16 !!

Postby GJ

Holden Chinaski wrote:For me, no commentator has ever come close to the great Clive Everton. Clive has the passion, the knowledge, and he's more articulate than any other commentator.

Fouldsy for me is as close as it gets to clive :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think Higgins will win the event now because he is in the easier half.

He will not waste this form. He will be too streetwise for Wilson, and I don't think the others can beat him over 33 frames.

He's been going in and out of form non-stop, match in, match out, for the last six years; he's incredibly inconsistent. As for nobody being able to beat him over 33 frames, I don't know where you're getting that from. He hasn't been the best player in the world for six years now. If anything, the longer the match, the more chance of him being found out.

Nobody has beaten him over 33 frames or more for 16 years

Nobody has beaten Joe Johnson over 35 frames since 1987.

rofl rofl rofl

nobody has ever beaten Xiao Guodong over 25 frames could Selby be the first?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:For me, no commentator has ever come close to the great Clive Everton. Clive has the passion, the knowledge, and he's more articulate than any other commentator.

Neal for me is the Best of the current lot and hes very honest too unlike Ebdon

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:

I find Ebdon very insightful <cool>

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:

Ebdon at least tries to analyse the game from what I've seen and heard. Unlike Hendry who just seems to moan for the sake of moaning.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Ebdon will never ever dare to criticise any player though. Everything is unbelievable or great.

yea i cant stand that kind of thing. same with Murphy when he did a bit at the Aussie Open

you got to do you job fully and comit to it no matter if they are mates or not

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:

Ebdon at least tries to analyse the game from what I've seen and heard. Unlike Hendry who just seems to moan for the sake of moaning.

Agree Hendry every match moans about the pockets at least 1o times hes like a :parrot:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Witz_is_back wrote:I hated Hendry the player but I actually don't mind him as a pundit / commentator cos he doesn't tow the BBC line.

Thrones a bit of a rebel too but likes of Taylor, Doherty, Parrotf really have to go. Zzzz

As a pundit, he's fine, but comms is eh. His critical-for-critical's-sake novelty has worn off, and for me it's just dull now.

With regards BBC comms:
Good tier: Kendo (I like how personable he is, and he at least tries to help the viewer with using lines to explain his shots), Virgo (hated him at first, but he appreciates the safety aspect of the game, and isn't a century hussy).
Alright tier: Hendry, Dominic Dale.
Trash tier: Taylor, Parrott, Davis, Thorne. Tempted to put Ebdon here too.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:

unlike you to criticise Hendry.

i think you used to be with that girl he left his wife for

Postby GJ

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Witz_is_back wrote:I hated Hendry the player but I actually don't mind him as a pundit / commentator cos he doesn't tow the BBC line.

Thrones a bit of a rebel too but likes of Taylor, Doherty, Parrotf really have to go. Zzzz

As a pundit, he's fine, but comms is eh. His critical-for-critical's-sake novelty has worn off, and for me it's just dull now.

With regards BBC comms:
Good tier: Kendo (I like how personable he is, and he at least tries to help the viewer with using lines to explain his shots), Virgo (hated him at first, but he appreciates the safety aspect of the game, and isn't a century hussy).
Alright tier: Hendry, Dominic Dale.
Trash tier: Taylor, Parrott, Davis, Thorne. Tempted to put Ebdon here too.

Ken hasn't been as annoying this year , I hate him alongside Taylor though as Dennis drags him down to his pathetic level.

Postby GJ

Witz_is_back wrote:Taylor must be due to be retired surely

And Eurosport really should do the same with Joe Johnson

Both so out of touch

Long over due for both <ok>

Postby GJ

Witz_is_back wrote:GJ

Thoughts on an alternative Snooker commentary team of Lee and Hann?

It'd be intriguing to hear these guys tell it as it is with no loyalty to WS or any players.

Would be pure comedy :D :D :D :D :D