Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 22st) Last 16 !!

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think Higgins will win the event now because he is in the easier half.

He will not waste this form. He will be too streetwise for Wilson, and I don't think the others can beat him over 33 frames.

He's been going in and out of form non-stop, match in, match out, for the last six years; he's incredibly inconsistent. As for nobody being able to beat him over 33 frames, I don't know where you're getting that from. He hasn't been the best player in the world for six years now. If anything, the longer the match, the more chance of him being found out.

If you are that confident, lay him on Betfair.

Postby Alex0paul

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think Higgins will win the event now because he is in the easier half.

He will not waste this form. He will be too streetwise for Wilson, and I don't think the others can beat him over 33 frames.

He's been going in and out of form non-stop, match in, match out, for the last six years; he's incredibly inconsistent. As for nobody being able to beat him over 33 frames, I don't know where you're getting that from. He hasn't been the best player in the world for six years now. If anything, the longer the match, the more chance of him being found out.

Nobody has beaten him over 33 frames or more for 16 years

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

If you are that confident, lay him on Betfair.

Lay him?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ebdon rates every professional so highly. Everyone is a great player

yes hes one of these people that says what he thinks everyone wants to hear.

he is a bit false for my liking

Hes more insightful than mr the pockets are too big 100 times a match Hendry.

Hendry is honest Ebdon isnt

Hendry is like a :parrot: the same bullocks over and over

He was good when he started but hes reverted to BBC mode now :roll:

no BBC Mode is to say the Pockets is tight the standard has never been this high etc etc etc just endless crap because that what is politically correct.

Hendry is being honest and some will never like that you included obviously

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

hes not played one in 6 years

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ebdon rates every professional so highly. Everyone is a great player

yes hes one of these people that says what he thinks everyone wants to hear.

he is a bit false for my liking

Hes more insightful than mr the pockets are too big 100 times a match Hendry.

Hendry is honest Ebdon isnt

Hendry is like a :parrot: the same bullocks over and over

He was good when he started but hes reverted to BBC mode now :roll:

What a load of cockerel. Hendry's the only honest man on that team.

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Well he hasn't played one since he was good.

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Nobody has beaten Joe Johnson over 35 frames since 1987.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

JJ is a genius

The Michaelangelo of snooker

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

GOAT <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

The Griff has been shafted to the non-main-TV table throughout this Championship, which is unfortunate, since he's my favourite of the BBC commentators.

Understandably he does a fair bit of coaching and stuff, so he probably can't commit to comms like the others can.

Postby Witz_is_back

No finer pundit / commentator across the 2 broadcasters this past week than Ebdon. He really is warming to the role now and displaying a high level of critique, technical know how in a general all round easy to listen to way.

I'm still waiting for the Beeb to pair Thorne and Ebdon (apologies if they already have and I've missed it) in the commentary booth. This would be the perfect contrast and match commentary team to cover all bases for all fans.

Postby GJ

Witz_is_back wrote:No finer pundit / commentator across the 2 broadcasters this past week than Ebdon. He really is warming to the role now and displaying a high level of critique, technical know how in a general all round easy to listen to way.

I'm still waiting for the Beeb to pair Thorne and Ebdon (apologies if they already have and I've missed it) in the commentary booth. This would be the perfect contrast and match commentary team to cover all bases for all fans.

Agree 100 % he talks more sense than most of the other bbc so called experts :hatoff: <ok>

Postby Andre147

5-3 down to at least Xiao make this match interesting.

If it's 6-2 then Selby will likely win pretty easily.

But even a 5-3 lead, Xiao will have to start well, but at least he would have done damage limitation in the 1st session.

Postby GJ

Witz_is_back wrote:Rileys a plank

More interested in his jogging 'career' and his hipster beard than snooker

Who the heck is riley :?

Postby Wildey

Witz_is_back wrote:No finer pundit / commentator across the 2 broadcasters this past week than Ebdon. He really is warming to the role now and displaying a high level of critique, technical know how in a general all round easy to listen to way.

buck me you listen to his bullocks then because he really bores me to tears

Postby GJ

Witz_is_back wrote:GJ

He tells it how it is and doesn't use all the cliched catchphrases the rest regurgitate a million times a match.

His technical assessment is second to none. He's a natural in punditry and commentary IMO

Spot on , are welsh pal wild hates him which doesn't surprise me because he lets his disliking of players cloud his judgement <ok>