Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 22st) Last 16 !!

Postby GJ

Holden Chinaski wrote:I would love Ray Reardon to commentate. But he might be a bit too old.

Straight swap with Taylor <ok>

Postby Andre147

Laying snookers Selby is the best I've seen, but have to say at his best Ding comes very close to Selby on that particular department. Cant forget those 3 in a row v Wasley with only pink and black.
Last edited by Andre147 on 22 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Laying snookers Selby is the best I've seen, but have to say at his best Ding comes very close to Selby on that particular department. Cant forget those 3 in a row v Wasley with only pink and black.

what selby does if he cant get a snooker he will keep object ball safe for the next try some strive too hard to get snookers every shot

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:Laying snookers Selby is the best I've seen, but have to say at his best Ding comes very close to Selby on that particular department. Cant forget those 3 in a row v Wasley with only pink and black.

I remember that. A real game of cat and mouse. Like Wildey says, Selby will probably bide his time more, ensure a safe cueball before pulling the points back. Look at what he did to Hendry in 2011.

Postby SnookerEd25

Witz_is_back wrote:No finer pundit / commentator across the 2 broadcasters this past week than Ebdon. He really is warming to the role now and displaying a high level of critique, technical know how in a general all round easy to listen to way.

I'm still waiting for the Beeb to pair Thorne and Ebdon (apologies if they already have and I've missed it) in the commentary booth. This would be the perfect contrast and match commentary team to cover all bases for all fans.

Love the Eb. Particularly like it when he tries to do humour, as he's clearly uncomfortable with it...

Postby SnookerEd25

vodkadiet wrote:Dene O'Kane commentated a few times. I think they got rid of him because of his accent.

I liked him. He was left field.

He was good, but he only commentated when he was active on the tour & as he lived in NZ, flying him over for a stint in the box would be financially impractical I assume.

I bumped into him in Holborn once; he was amazed anybody recognised him. Really nice guy, very down to earth.

Postby SnookerEd25

Cheshire Cat wrote:
With regards BBC comms:
Virgo (hated him at first, but he appreciates the safety aspect of the game, and isn't a century hussy).

He is a pocket hussy, though.

Postby GJ

Higgins saying that's best standard match hes been involved in at crucible

In 2002 stevens made 10 , 50 + breaks including 3 tons to beat him 13-7

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:Higgins saying that's best standard match hes been involved in at crucible

Stevens at his peak was a beast. Shame he was so weak mentally.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:Higgins saying that's best standard match hes been involved in at crucible

Stevens at his peak was a beast. Shame he was so weak mentally.

I know he was so fluent at his best made break building look so easy

<cool>

Postby TheRocket

O'Sullivan made 12 70+ breaks and a 68 when he beat prime Higgins by 18:14 in that World final 2001. Higgins on his part made 10 60+ breaks and a 50..

that was a time though when ROS didnt have that mental block against Higgins.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:

O'Sullivan made 12 70+ breaks and a 68 when he beat prime Higgins by 18:14 in that World final 2001. Higgins on his part made 10 60+ breaks and a 50..

wow that's amazing :hatoff:

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

wow that's amazing :hatoff:

I think it gets forgotten because O'Sullivan got off to such a good start, going 6-2 up after the first session and try as he might, Higgins could never really get close to him and although he did get to within 2 at 7-5 and three at 16-13, Ronnie finished each of the four sessions of the 2001 with at least a four frame advantage.

An interesting question. Had Higgins not beaten O'Sullivan on that final black to win the 2006 Masters, would O'Sullivan have any mental blocks over Higgins?

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerEd25 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Dene O'Kane commentated a few times. I think they got rid of him because of his accent.

I liked him. He was left field.

He was good, but he only commentated when he was active on the tour & as he lived in NZ, flying him over for a stint in the box would be financially impractical I assume.

I bumped into him in Holborn once; he was amazed anybody recognised him. Really nice guy, very down to earth.

Yes, I knew him from watching him in the qualifiers. I spoke with him a few times. He was very analytical about his play and he welcomed constructive criticism of his play also.