Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 21st) Last 16 !!

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:I wonder if Ding would prefer to face Murphy than Ronnie in the next round.

Should he win?

Definitely. He hasn't beaten Ronnie in ten years, and even if the Ding of 2017 has put that behind him, Ronnie is capable of playing better than Murphy.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wonder if Ding would prefer to face Murphy than Ronnie in the next round.

Should he win?

Definitely. He hasn't beaten Ronnie in ten years, and even if the Ding of 2017 has put that behind him, Ronnie is capable of playing better than Murphy.

I agree' he would prefer Murphy but surprisingly Murphy has a very good record against Ding in the big matches.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie Rolled in to the pack there Hand on Heart would any of us want to see that shot stoped?

What do you mean- bringing in a rule that you must hit a cushion?

If you stop that shot as someone suggested yesterday what else could you do?

Postby LowKey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie Rolled in to the pack there Hand on Heart would any of us want to see that shot stoped?

I want to see a shot clock implemented as a matter of urgency.

I don't

Postby Skullman

No. Players are usually punished for that shot by giving their opponent an easy safety, anyway.

Postby Alex0paul

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Yes.But whats the alternative sometimes?

The player would have to remove an item of clothing if they wanted to play that shot?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

I want to see a shot clock implemented as a matter of urgency.

What Would a shot clock do

negative shots will increase with shot clocks

sometimes you need to take time to play a positive shot

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

It is a perfectly legal shot and banning it would bring in all sorts of complications. Would you then have to ban the 'roll-up' snooker?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Alex0paul wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Yes.But whats the alternative sometimes?

The player would have to remove an item of clothing if they wanted to play that shot?

Is that why Ronnie played in his socks couple years back?

Postby LowKey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

It is a perfectly legal shot and banning it would bring in all sorts of complications. Would you then have to ban the 'roll-up' snooker?

Banning any shot is pointless considering it's called snooker and not potting

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Higgins must feel like he won the session.

He had many of these session where he has done damage limitation

especially vs MJW at the worlds 2011 where MJW led 6-2 in the first session but one frame which JH stole was eventually key.

And maybe this is ronnies obligatory bad session of the WC. after 9-3 he should have led at least by 10-6 but hey he still leads