Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 21st) Last 16 !!

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Remember some people saying before the match that "if Barry can beat Ronnie in the second round after having a bad record against him, so can Shaun"?

Lets give Ronnie the trophy then

<ok>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Great mini session from Ronnie. His scoring is the best I've seen from him in a long time.

More impirtant than that, he's not missing the sitters he's been doing almost all season.

And his scoring like you say is much better. Needs to improve safety and long potting though.

Postby LowKey

I notice some players do not care at all about noise and others are angry about any noise. I feel like from this it's clear Ronnie could be better if he was stronger mentally. If he's effected easily by small noises and he plays this good then imagine how good he would be if noise didn't effect him at all.

Postby Andre147

Higgins did what he does best... after not potting a ball for 2 frames, managed to level the match at 2 each. Allen missed a trick in frame 4, should have gone 3-1 up after Higgins missed a red to left middle.

Great match though that one.

Postby GJ

The reason hes not missing sitters is there no pressure from his opponent , early on last night he missed a few easy ones as soon as he knew murphy was folding like a deck chair pressure off Ronnie.

Postby TheRocket

its very simple. O'Sullivan is the superior breakbuilder and safety player. So if Ronnie plays at a decent level the only way Murphy can beat him is to pot everything he goes for.

If you're capable to realize that, you wouldn't be surprised about the result at all. Murphy is just the perfect match up for ROS. Similar to what poor Andy Roddick was to Roger Federer all the time.

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:The reason hes not missing sitters is there no pressure from his opponent , early on last night he missed a few easy ones as soon as he knew murphy was folding like a deck chair pressure off Ronnie.

I'd like to see Murphy v Grumpy

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:The reason hes not missing sitters is there no pressure from his opponent , early on last night he missed a few easy ones as soon as he knew murphy was folding like a deck chair pressure off Ronnie.

I'd like to see Murphy v Grumpy

Which deck chair king would come out on top though

:chin:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Great mini session from Ronnie. His scoring is the best I've seen from him in a long time.

More impirtant than that, he's not missing the sitters he's been doing almost all season.

And his scoring like you say is much better. Needs to improve safety and long potting though.

Exactly. Especially these long distance matches are won by potting the easy balls, making the 70 breaks, calmly picking up the points, day in and day out. That's how titles are won.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:I find it absurd that Bingham or Wilson will have played their first and second round matches before Selby comes back to play

The scheduling is very odd

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Exactly. Especially these long distance matches are won by potting the easy balls, making the 70 breaks, calmly picking up the points, day in and day out. That's how titles are won.

But hes under No pressure in this match from the off

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

But hes under No pressure in this match from the off

For a change I agree with you <ok>