Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 20th) Last 32 &

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:as rubbish as (the opponent) Murphy is. The 41 year old man can still play. At least he can still score well.

You said at the start of the tournament that Ronnie's only chance of winning this year will be by making quick frame winning breaks in one visits and building big leads. So far he delivered on that demand, didn't he?

He looks strong (close) in the balls. His one visit game looks fine in other words. So far at least. Thats the most important thing. If he keeps doing that he has at least a chance to win the title.

Still not sure though how he would cope with playing the likes of Selby or similar players who will keep it very tight.

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but there's a chance Ronnie won't have to battle it out against Selby. If Robbo or Fu would win that quarter and with Trump already out, Ronnie could avoid his toughest challengers currently...

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:Tom Ford would be a poor advert for deck chairs as he keeps folding so easily.

Their folding ones though so hes the perfect advert for them <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but there's a chance Ronnie won't have to battle it out against Selby. If Robbo or Fu would win that quarter and with Trump already out, Ronnie could avoid his toughest challengers currently...

I'd like to see him finally beating Selby in the Crucible given he lost both encounters against him but yeah you could be right of course. Fu or Robertson definitely capable of knocking Selby out.

Postby mantorok

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:as rubbish as (the opponent) Murphy is. The 41 year old man can still play. At least he can still score well.

You said at the start of the tournament that Ronnie's only chance of winning this year will be by making quick frame winning breaks in one visits and building big leads. So far he delivered on that demand, didn't he?

He looks strong (close) in the balls. His one visit game looks fine in other words. So far at least. Thats the most important thing. If he keeps doing that he has at least a chance to win the title.

Still not sure though how he would cope with playing the likes of Selby or similar players who will keep it very tight.

That wouldn't be satisfying, I'd rather he played the best and beat the best.

Postby RJFindlay

snucar wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote: I really want him to win a 6th World Title, that would settle the GOAT debate once and for all.

Nope, it won't!

You're right. Ronnie already the GOAT.

Nope, he isn't.

Anyone who says Ronnie isn't the GOAT is living in denial.

You need to be d*ck-slapped back into reality.

All the players, past and present couldn't beat Ronnie when is he on song (at his best).

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:murphy is playing at his best. but its just not enough.

You really think that this is his best? rofl

you didnt really think for a second though I was serious? just tried to bring some fun into the forum here.

Fun isn't allowed. Mods issue bans.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:So, no posts from theSaviour tonight.

Is it possible...he's Lord Murphy?

Murphy talks less sense.

Not possible Saviour talks the least sense on the planet :wave:

Postby GJ

Holden Chinaski wrote:Sometmes I wonder if The Saviour is an alter ego of another snooker island member..

I wonder who :? :chin:

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:Sometmes I wonder if The Saviour is an alter ego of another snooker island member..

He's an AI experiment. Every now and then he needs a reboot. Now who on snooker island has anything to do with computers...? I mean I did study computer science but it's definitely nothing to do with me....

Postby Iranu

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:So, no posts from theSaviour tonight.

Is it possible...he's Lord Murphy?

Murphy talks less sense.

Not possible Saviour talks the least sense on the planet :wave:

Have you never seen Donald Trump's Twitter feed?