Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed 19th) Last 32!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Witz_is_back wrote:Is it just me or are the refs awful these days at repositioning the balls correctly after a failed foul escape attempt?

It seems like they don't even pay attention cos they know the other ref watching the screen will bail them out anyway.

It's an interesting point. Maybe it's something they don't bother trying anymore, especially the less experienced ones.

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Ever since after mid session yesterday Judd has been crap.

The way he is playing Rory could well do this.

You get the impression that Judd will never learn. Nobody is so good, all they have to do is just turn up.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Can we have the Day - Guodong match back on RB please? It was better than the Trump match.

EDIT: actually just noticed it's on Eurosport. Even better.

Yeah, I put Eurosport on. Figured the BBC would just be a Judd wankathon.

Postby Dan-cat

Witz_is_back wrote:Is it just me or are the refs awful these days at repositioning the balls correctly after a failed foul escape attempt?

It seems like they don't even pay attention cos they know the other ref watching the screen will bail them out anyway.

Why don't have the same technology as they do in China where it overlays the original ball position on the screen? Why do they rely on guessing if the ref / players remembered? It's beyond me. buck me you could do it with an iphone app.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:

Why don't have the same technology as they do in China where it overlays the original ball position on the screen? Why do they rely on guessing if the ref / players remembered? It's beyond me. buck me you could do it with an iphone app.

They do don't they? I'm pretty sure there's a monitor at the back.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

They do don't they? I'm pretty sure there's a monitor at the back.

There's no overlay. Its all 'left a bit, right a bit'

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:London Marathon on Sunday. Does that mean all TV coverage will be screwed?

Yeah, I hate that rubbish too.

eurosport will be fine

Don't they have the Marathon on too?

Postby Andy Spark

If this was a Ronnie match rather than a Judd match then Ronnie would seize on his opponents nervourness and weaknesses and it would inspire him to up his game, but Judd doesn't quite have the same instinct yet to smell blood.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Cloud Strife wrote:Virgo sounds so melancholy, Hendry does abit too. Cheer up, you clowns! Judd losing this match isn't the end of the world!

Had to turn over just to see.

Hendry sounds like he's close to tears wishing Judd to win a frame in one visit.

Postby mantorok

Andy Spark wrote:If this was a Ronnie match rather than a Judd match then Ronnie would seize on his opponents nervourness and weaknesses and it would inspire him to up his game, but Judd doesn't quite have the same instinct yet to smell blood.

Yeah, unlike Selby, Ronnie, Higgins et al Judd just lacks that instinct, it's denied him so much success in the past.

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Virgo sounds so melancholy, Hendry does abit too. Cheer up, you clowns! Judd losing this match isn't the end of the world!

Had to turn over just to see.

Hendry sounds like he's close to tears wishing Judd to win a frame in one visit.

Lolz I just turned it on too for the same reason. Seriously JV sounds like he's about to hang himself from the commentary box roof

7-6 Rory

Finish him!