Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed 19th) Last 32!!!

Postby Andre147

Doesn't surprise me Trump refused to make the press-conference. A spoiled brat, needs to learn a few things before he can be a real threat at the Worlds. I still think his best chance of becoming World Champion was of course 2011 and 2015, when he took Bingham for granted. 2012 losing to Carter also hurt him a bit.

Mags v Rory is a boring matchup, so I hope Mags wins, as I'd like to see a Mags v Hawkins QUarter-Final, think that could be a good match. Dotty coming through wouldnt be bad also.

Postby vodkadiet

I couldn't post until now as I have only just finished gut laughing at 'Burger King Boy's' loss.

I said after Trump lost the 2011 final he had missed his best chance to ever be World Champion, and the years are ticking by....

But I seriously don't think Trump should be castigated for not attending his presser as he has to go to bed early tonight as he has to be up early tomorrow so he can start practising for Riga.....

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:I couldn't post until now as I have only just finished gut laughing at 'Burger King Boy's' loss.

I said after Trump lost the 2011 final he had missed his best chance to ever be World Champion, and the years are ticking by....

But I seriously don't think Trump should be castigated for not attending his presser as he has to go to bed early tonight as he has to be up early tomorrow so he can start practising for Riga.....

Couldn't agree with you more although your mention of Burger King has given me the taste for a 'Whopper' tomorrow. Haven't had one for ages but you've put me right in the mood - ta!

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
The Herminator wrote:Still not got over the new version of the snooker theme tune. Soulless

The original has ( and never) will be matched.

Drag Racer, by The Doug Wood Band. Brilliant https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sNKJ-sGpMuU

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cheers Dan-Cat. Very evocative - especially when you get past a minute or so. Reminds me of the last night of the WC in about 87 when they had extended credits and played the tune right through. Parents in bed and volume below their hearing range but within mine. A wooden panelled TV with tuning idiots (this reads as idiots but should say k.nobs). Higgins and Francisco - aah I need a can of Harp.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie79 wrote:So people has such great insight to say in 2011 he had missed his best chance ever of winning a world title. Wow a great prediction and he was only 21 at the time.some call

Higgins has ruined Trumps career. As many people said. Had Trump won that match things might have turned out differently now and he might have won a lot more titles by now. However. thats history now.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Cheers Dan-Cat. Very evocative - especially when you get past a minute or so. Reminds me of the last night of the WC in about 87 when they had extended credits and played the tune right through. Parents in bed and volume below their hearing range but within mine. A wooden panelled TV with tuning idiots (this reads as idiots but should say k.nobs). Higgins and Francisco - aah I need a can of Harp.

You paint a lovely picture. That was me i the 80s watching with the sound low too as a boy! Yeah that piece of music is incredible - a storytelling guitar line. In fact one of the bands I work with lifted a piece of the solo for one of their songs, and sometimes the two guitarists will jam out the whole of Drag Racer while I sit rapt.

The newer remixed versions have been all terrible. And I say this as someone who makes electronic music. Some things just shouldn't be screwed with

Postby Dan-cat

snooker_loopy wrote:I think Trump will end up like Jimmy White and never win a WC. Trump was desperately unlucky to have a shoulder injury but the pressure of the tournament seems to get to him. I think he'll win many more events but I think the WC is very likely to elude him.

Quite possibly... The pressure each year will only get worse...

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:People also said this about Selby and he was in his 30s before he won there and now loves the place. It's easy to write people off. Look at Bingham also he was 38

I still don't think Jimmy will win it.

Postby kolompar

Ronnie79 wrote:People also said this about Selby and he was in his 30s before he won there and now loves the place. It's easy to write people off. Look at Bingham also he was 38

Trump now is similar to Selby in 2012, around the same age. Selby became world number 1 that season but was a big underachiever in terms of titles and at the end of the season lost in the first round of the WC with an injury.
Trump isn't as strong mentally as Selby though, but it should just get easier for him with the top players aging.

Postby snooky147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Witz_is_back wrote:I feel bad not being at the Crucible today to try and calm John Dott down as he paces nervously around the bar / bookies area in between smoking numerous cigarettes outside.

Couldn't meet a nicer guy than Graeme's dad. His brothers a top bloke too. They are the most nervous watchers ever though when he's playing.

Is that the guy who's a mod on here?

nope. i am watching on tv.