Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed 19th) Last 32!!!

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I admire Barry because he was looking to be a journeyman pro for a while but he put the graft in and it has payed off. I also think he is great to watch most of the time. And he seems a nice chap.

he reminds me of stan wawrinka from tennis. journeyman for more than 10 years or so and then suddenly turning into a winner. And like Hawkins he can turn into beast mode and even destroying the best players (like Djokovic or Nadal).

Postby GJ

The best 2nd round line up in years ?

Selby v Xiao

Fu v Robbo

Murphy v Ronnie

Ding v Liang

Bingham v Wilson

Higgins v Allen

Hawkins v Dott

The other match isn't great I admit

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Is Ford crying? In all seriousness, I feel for him a bit here.

Concurred. I think he is suffering and his miserable body language is because he is nervous and not wanting to b humiliated. It is a tough arena.

Hes miserable all the time no sympathy from me <laugh>

Speculation though it may be, there could be anything up. Wouldn't be inclined to laugh at him.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I admire Barry because he was looking to be a journeyman pro for a while but he put the graft in and it has payed off. I also think he is great to watch most of the time. And he seems a nice chap.

he reminds me of stan wawrinka from tennis. journeyman for more than 10 years or so and then suddenly turning into a winner. And like Hawkins he can turn into beast mode and even destroying the best players (like Djokovic or Nadal).

great comparison :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Concurred. I think he is suffering and his miserable body language is because he is nervous and not wanting to b humiliated. It is a tough arena.

Speculation though it may be, there could be anything up. Wouldn't be inclined to laugh at him.

He could be hiding an injury like Judd was. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

He could be hiding an injury like Judd was. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

:parrot: rofl <laugh> :parrot:

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

So I, of all people, am the only sympathetic ear? Are we in the Twilight Zone?

Postby GJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:You can draw a parallel between Tom and Barry of some years ago. He will need to improve his mental strength but this will be the making or breaking of him.

Don't recall barry behaving like a brat most of the time :?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:You can draw a parallel between Tom and Barry of some years ago. He will need to improve his mental strength but this will be the making or breaking of him.

I genuinely don't think it is brattishness. I think he is feeling embarrassed and does not know how to deal with it. Could be wrong

Postby GJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
GJ wrote:

I genuinely don't think it is brattishness. I think he is feeling embarrassed and does not know how to deal with it. Could be wrong

He acts the same in every tv match I have seen so its not a one off <laugh>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
GJ wrote:

He acts the same in every tv match I have seen so its not a one off <laugh>

I am happy to be corrected.

Postby GJ

Hazel didn't bother staying on at the red button studio till the end of the session

Jason is a proper pro <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

GJ wrote:
Souvent wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:
Souvent wrote:Not another Hawkins year, please.

How can you hate on Barry, disgraceful.

I don't know, really. I'm actually surprised there's such a positive consensus around him. I instinctively think he's boring as hell.

Hes a nice genuine guy that's why hes quite popular

I'd have a beer with him.

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Which pros are from Sheffield?

No native Sheffield person has ever qualified for the Crucible

Off the top of my head, I think Steve Longworth, journeyman 80s pro', was from Sheffield AND qualified for the Crucible at least once. I'm now off to check that & get back to you.

Postby GJ

Wasn't murphy down as Sheffield 1 year although his home town changes every year it seems

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:Wasn't murphy down as Sheffield 1 year although his home town changes every year it seems

He was living in Rotherham when he won it

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:Wasn't murphy down as Sheffield 1 year although his home town changes every year it seems

He was living in Rotherham when he won it

<ok>