Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:10-7 Liang. Ding will thrash him.

You also said the same regarding Allen didnt you? :chin:

Dont think so mate, I expect a close match between Ding and Liang. Ding may have too much for him in the end, but I'll be very surprised if Liang doesnt win at least 9 frames.

Postby vodkadiet

Harrington broke the 'Chokeometer' tonight. That was the worst choking since Todd Martin lost from 5-1 up in the 5th set of his 1996 Wimbledon semi final against Malavai Washington!

Stuart 'Chokefest' Carrington!

Postby PLtheRef

Just getting in from being at Carter V Dott. Certainly still anyone's despite the 6-3 margin. Carter certainly can consider himself unfortunate to be behind. Could easily have been the other way (probably should be to)

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

Dont think so mate, I expect a close match between Ding and Liang. Ding may have too much for him in the end, but I'll be very surprised if Liang doesnt win at least 9 frames.

Liang won't be favourite so less pressure on him. I don't think he's someone who handles the favourite's tag very well. That said, still expect Ding to win fairly comfortably.

Postby TheRocket

Ding looks a lot more relaxed playing in the Crucible since 2015 or so. thats what he said himself as well I think. So I think he will beat Liang. And Unlike some others I don't see him collapsing in a possible quarterfinal clash with Ronnie.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:

That was before I saw Allen or J Robertson play. I've seen Ding and Liang play, and Ding's already proved he can beat a countryman without feeling the pressure he used to.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the table following the conclusion of Day 4. Please note that all eight second round matches (including theoretical matches yet to be confirmed) are now in the templates post I put up in the prediction contest thread yesterday. I'm away from tomorrow until Friday and might not be able to do a full update - Wildey has been shadowing the predictions and scoring so may be able to do one. When I get back, there will be an update for both tomorrow's table and Thursday's table.

Table after Day 4 (11/31 Matches played)
82 WILDEY 2WC 11 - 1
78 THECLEAVER 11 - 1
76 GCJDAVID 10 - 1
72 SAS6789 10 - 0
72 TONYP 9 - 3
70 PINK BALL 10 - 1
70 SUNDAYGIRL 10 - 1
68 CLOUD STRIFE 9 - 2
68 ERASERHEAD 9 - 2
66 PLTHEREF 9 - 2
64 SNOOKERFAN 9 - 1
64 SLOWJOE 9 - 1
64 SAVOMILOSEVIC 9 - 1
64 SCOTTCORNO 9 - 1
64 TAMCTUS 9 - 0
62 VODKADIET 9 - 0
62 SKULLMAN 9 - 0
62 STEVEJJ 8 - 2
60 OONEBSOO 9 - 0
60 ANDRE147 9 - 0
58 ALEX0PAUL 8 - 1
58 KOLOMPAR 8 - 1
56 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 7 - 1
54 NICE_SHOES_KEN 7 - 2
52 GJ 7 - 2
36 AIMLESSWANDEER 5 - 1

Some good scoring today with many people predicting Ding, Higgins and Liang victories. This is where getting the prediction spot on, or a single frame out is so important.

Tuesday's table
24 TAMCTUS
24 BADSNOOKERPLAYER
24 SNOOKERFAN
24 WILDEY 2WC
24 THECLEAVER
24 SAVOMILOSEVIC
22 PINK BALL
22 SUNDAYGIRL
22 PLTHEREF
20 CLOUD STRIFE
20 ERASERHEAD
20 SLOWJOE
20 SCOTTCORNO
18 GCJDAVID
18 OONEBSOO
16 VODKADIET
16 STEVEJJ
16 ANDRE147
16 AIMLESSWANDEER
14 SKULLMAN
14 TONYP
12 KOLOMPAR
12 SAS6789
10 NICE_SHOES_KEN
10 GJ
6 ALEX0PAUL

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Carrington went from sublime to ridiculous so quickly. Forget the centuries, winning the frames in one visit was all that mattered.

He can hardly string pots together now.

And Liang.. his twitchy technique is really letting him down.

He makes tons when he wants.