Post a reply

Re: Ronnie says he's getting bullied by Hearn...

Postby snucar

TheSaviour wrote:I am sure Ronnie will not feel like that again if he just gets his head right. There always is a way to prove thing or things, it is just a matter of confess if you are unable to prove a thing.

People are always going to bite Ronnie (or Reanne), and so far they have always falled into it. It is a much to do just playing the patience game. Patience is something they seems to be lacking. They wan´t to prove they sharpness. On and off the table.

What Ronnie should understand is that many things are not designed to be ripped off. But to be used. If and obviously when he has many weapons he should just use those. Not trying to rip those things off, or getting rid of those things, but to use those. Without too many hesitations or ifs. Then people (the new generation of snooker fans) get used to him, and he will feel allright once again. I am sure there is enough time to get things sorted. Just trying to be patience, and not to solve anything for once and all.

Ronnie is one of those many great players that Barry and everyone are rooting. To be quite honest. There are two players whose domination all the knowledgeable fans are fearing: Stephen Maguire and Anthony Hamilton. It is not anything against them as a persons, or even a snooker players. But they just have that absolutely ruthless and rock-solid break-building. Which could ruin the whole sport. It is same with many other sports also. Who is Tony Adams for example? Or Mane? What is FC Liverpool or FC Arsenal or FC Chelsea? I grew up with those things but all the younger people have not. They don´t have a knowledge what is a rock-solid building, or what is FC Chelsea, who is Stephen Maguire, or Jimmy White. Stephen and Anthony both can still be mastered via playing some clever safety-game. And some flair potting or break-building never does any harm. Which Ronnie, for example, is more than capable to do. But he needs to be up for the job and not letting himself down. Use those, don´t try to rip those off. And show a little bit respect towards the big trademarks. And not getting carried away that much easily. The results will come and go.

Peter Ebdon and Kyren Wilson are both quite close to joining the club. Where Stephen Maguire and Anthony Hamilton are. But they are quite not there. Peter always bound to taking on some mad pots where if missing the pot doomed to leave the cue ball amongs the reds.. Let´s see how Kyren will do! A very likely he will also keep on having his quite major weaknesses. But currently they are not seeking any change.

So I wrote something about some other players also. But my point is, Ronnie has a responsibility to play "in a way". In order to keep it up. The current state of the game is excellent. Perhaps he just forgets that. Judd Trump, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy, Joe Perry, for example, they are all excellent players who does their duty really well. The fans are absolutely loving it and them. Now, if things gets really worse and bad, people would die for an another Judd Trump vs Ronnie O´Sullivan the UK final, or Joe Perry vs Ronnie O´Sullivan the Masters final.

For the final warning, don´t go in there mate. The people who uses the power knows a lots of things, but they don´t know all the things. And that´s the way it should be. There is enough "safety marginal" in order that people wouldn't feel crazy just for nothing.

+1

Postby vodkadiet

TheSaviour wrote:I am sure Ronnie will not feel like that again if he just gets his head right. There always is a way to prove thing or things, it is just a matter of confess if you are unable to prove a thing.

People are always going to bite Ronnie (or Reanne), and so far they have always falled into it. It is a much to do just playing the patience game. Patience is something they seems to be lacking. They wan´t to prove they sharpness. On and off the table.

What Ronnie should understand is that many things are not designed to be ripped off. But to be used. If and obviously when he has many weapons he should just use those. Not trying to rip those things off, or getting rid of those things, but to use those. Without too many hesitations or ifs. Then people (the new generation of snooker fans) get used to him, and he will feel allright once again. I am sure there is enough time to get things sorted. Just trying to be patience, and not to solve anything for once and all.

Ronnie is one of those many great players that Barry and everyone are rooting. To be quite honest. There are two players whose domination all the knowledgeable fans are fearing: Stephen Maguire and Anthony Hamilton. It is not anything against them as a persons, or even a snooker players. But they just have that absolutely ruthless and rock-solid break-building. Which could ruin the whole sport. It is same with many other sports also. Who is Tony Adams for example? Or Mane? What is FC Liverpool or FC Arsenal or FC Chelsea? I grew up with those things but all the younger people have not. They don´t have a knowledge what is a rock-solid building, or what is FC Chelsea, who is Stephen Maguire, or Jimmy White. Stephen and Anthony both can still be mastered via playing some clever safety-game. And some flair potting or break-building never does any harm. Which Ronnie, for example, is more than capable to do. But he needs to be up for the job and not letting himself down. Use those, don´t try to rip those off. And show a little bit respect towards the big trademarks. And not getting carried away that much easily. The results will come and go.

Peter Ebdon and Kyren Wilson are both quite close to joining the club. Where Stephen Maguire and Anthony Hamilton are. But they are quite not there. Peter always bound to taking on some mad pots where if missing the pot doomed to leave the cue ball amongs the reds.. Let´s see how Kyren will do! A very likely he will also keep on having his quite major weaknesses. But currently they are not seeking any change.

So I wrote something about some other players also. But my point is, Ronnie has a responsibility to play "in a way". In order to keep it up. The current state of the game is excellent. Perhaps he just forgets that. Judd Trump, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy, Joe Perry, for example, they are all excellent players who does their duty really well. The fans are absolutely loving it and them. Now, if things gets really worse and bad, people would die for an another Judd Trump vs Ronnie O´Sullivan the UK final, or Joe Perry vs Ronnie O´Sullivan the Masters final.

For the final warning, don´t go in there mate. The people who uses the power knows a lots of things, but they don´t know all the things. And that´s the way it should be. There is enough "safety marginal" in order that people wouldn't feel crazy just for nothing.

They returned on the night of the 23rd and havoc ensued. Gorse and parchment was uppermost in their minds as they approached the stile, and the vilified ones even vaulted the aforementioned obstacle.

Surely this couldn't be true, could it? After months languishing in the depths and recesses of the unforgiving sodden valleys, occasionally spending an afternoon in a well hidden dovecot, spying through apertures whilst decrying the state of humanity, nature, leaders of men, time constructs, deviancy of all kinds, whilst fighting off salty discharge, it had come to this....

Barry Hearn had spoken. And the objections sparked what was to be a political outrage, and a general election followed on 8 June....And there was no turning back.

Ronnie O'Sullivan had been exonerated. And calm was returned over the entire Disunited Kingdom....
Last edited by vodkadiet on 18 Apr 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

I said this in the other thread...

Steve Davis was spot on in his assessment... even if Ronnie is right in saying the things he did, the way he did it, saying it to the media, is wrong.

Do it and complain to the tournament director, players commisssions etc... and then he can get better response and avoid fines, etc.... I think he does it this way because he seeks attention.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:I said this in the other thread...

Steve Davis was spot on in his assessment... even if Ronnie is right in saying the things he did, the way he did it, saying it to the media, is wrong.

Do it and complain to the tournament director, players commisssions etc... and then he can get better response and avoid fines, etc.... I think he does it this way because he seeks attention.

<ok>

O'Sullivan has always seeked attention. It started when he threatened to retire after losing in the UK in 1994. He has never grown up.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Firstly, how you doing Vodka?

Secondly and I say this as a Ronnie fan but shut up and concentrate on snooker. Don't drag it to the World's because it only harms his chances and focus. I know he was probably waiting for maximum exposure but people are fed up of it.

As for Murphy, he does himself no favours. My reply would have been couldnt give a monkeys what tiff Ronnie and Hearn are having. I know Shaun can't help himself though.

Mrs May possibly hasn't helped Tory Boy either because his mind will be on politics now.

Postby vodkadiet

onlyevertonjon wrote:Firstly, how you doing Vodka?

Secondly and I say this as a Ronnie fan but shut up and concentrate on snooker. Don't drag it to the World's because it only harms his chances and focus. I know he was probably waiting for maximum exposure but people are fed up of it.

As for Murphy, he does himself no favours. My reply would have been couldnt give a monkeys what tiff Ronnie and Hearn are having. I know Shaun can't help himself though.

Mrs May possibly hasn't helped Tory Boy either because his mind will be on politics now.

Hi OnlyEvertonJon. I am okay. How are you? Are you enjoying the snooker?

I agree with what you say. It is really a storm in a teacup. Most of the things O'Sullivan talks about usually are.

I thought O'Sullivan had matured quite a lot in the last couple of years, but I guess there is always going to be that inner child that wants to rebel. Murphy, as you say, will always give his opinion if asked. Old habits die hard.

Who is Tory Boy by the way? Are you referring to O'Sullivan? Is that a joke because he supported Labour at the last election?

I am very left when it comes to politics so whilst I don't vote Labour, I applauded O'Sullivan for supporting them ahead of the Tories at the last election. Has he reverse ferreted?

Postby onlyevertonjon

vodkadiet wrote:

I agree with what you say. It is really a storm in a teacup. Most of the things O'Sullivan talks about usually are.

I thought O'Sullivan had matured quite a lot in the last couple of years, but I guess there is always going to be that inner child that wants to rebel. Murphy, as you say, will always give his opinion if asked. Old habits die hard.

Who is Tory Boy by the way? Are you referring to O'Sullivan? Is that a joke because he supported Labour at the last election?

I am very left when it comes to politics so whilst I don't vote Labour, I applauded O'Sullivan for supporting them ahead of the Tories at the last election. Has he reverse ferreted?

I'm good thanks. I fell out of love with snooker the last couple of years but giving this championships a good crack. Fu/Brecel was great. I enjoyed Gary Wilson's performance. I dont mind Murphy and flukes are part of the match but I was annoyed how Bingtao lost because I wanted a decider. A 17 year old had a former world champion missing.

Anyway back on topic. ROS has acted like a total child and doing robot impressions and singing Wonderwall doesn't sound like a person being bullied.

Apologies. As Cloud has said Murphy is Tory Boy; by the sounds of it Vodka we have similar political leanings.

Postby vodkadiet

onlyevertonjon wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I'm good thanks. I fell out of love with snooker the last couple of years but giving this championships a good crack. Fu/Brecel was great. I enjoyed Gary Wilson's performance. I dont mind Murphy and flukes are part of the match but I was annoyed how Bingtao lost because I wanted a decider. A 17 year old had a former world champion missing.

Anyway back on topic. ROS has acted like a total child and doing robot impressions and singing Wonderwall doesn't sound like a person being bullied.

Apologies. As Cloud has said Murphy is Tory Boy; by the sounds of it Vodka we have similar political leanings.

OnlyEvertonJon

Yes, I am a Green Party Member. I like the Liberal Democrats also as they are the only major party challenging Brexit. I am afraid however that it will be Tories all the way.

Regarding snooker, I haven't fallen out of love with it, but I watch very little now compared with years ago. It has got to saturation point with the amount of snooker played these days, and it seems only The Worlds are that important now.

I am torn on the O'Sullivan vs Murphy match now. I would usually want Murphy but given he was voicing his opinions on how great the Tories are, and the fact O'Sullivan was supporting Milliband at the last election I will have to support O'Sullivan now. Anyone but the 'Burger King' boy....

Postby TheRocket

Murphy's definitely making this match more interesting with his comments.

Just watched that BBC programm with Davis,Ebdon,Murphy,Allen,Higgins and Ferguson giving their opinion about O'Sullivans comments and Murphy said something like Ronnie is the only guy complaining and the other 127 players getting on with it. John Higgins on the other side backed ROS.

But kinda reminds me of their 2011 match. There was also a lot of talking beforehand about the needle between ROS and Murphy and in the end we had a great match

I think both will be very up for this.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Murphy's definitely making this match more interesting with his comments.

Just watched that BBC programm with Davis,Ebdon,Murphy,Allen,Higgins and Ferguson giving their opinion about O'Sullivans comments and Murphy said something like Ronnie is the only guy complaining and the other 127 players getting on with it. John Higgins on the other side backed ROS.

But kinda reminds me of their 2011 match. There was also a lot of talking beforehand about the needle between ROS and Murphy and in the end we had a great match

What programme is this, boss? Do you have a link? :-)

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Murphy's definitely making this match more interesting with his comments.

What programme is this, boss? Do you have a link? :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJY3pv9CQU

Postby Andre147

It certainly will, and a bit of needle is everything we need.

Cant wait for Thursday evening....

Postby TheSaviour

But now Ronnie needs to prepare to face Shaun Murphy. It is a match Shaun needs to give his all, to push it all the way. He can´t afford think he would happy to lose 11-13 or 12-13. He needs to play as hard as he just possible can, and then be happy with the result what ever it is. Even if he would lose something like 4-13. Ronnie has a major advantage. He can play some quick break-building and forget about everything. Where Shaun needs to think about it more. Even now when he is a more impressive player, overally. Funny and strange, but that´s how it goes. Ronnie can just play quick. Which will obviously suit to him very well.

Ronnie will win. Perhaps after that he can forget this Barry Hearn-rubbish for once and all.

Postby Andre147

TheSaviour wrote:But now Ronnie needs to prepare to face Shaun Murphy. It is a match Shaun needs to give his all, to push it all the way. He can´t afford think he would happy to lose 11-13 or 12-13. He needs to play as hard as he just possible can, and then be happy with the result what ever it is. Even if he would lose something like 4-13. Ronnie has a major advantage. He can play some quick break-building and forget about everything. Where Shaun needs to think about it more. Even now when he is a more impressive player, overally. Funny and strange, but that´s how it goes. Ronnie can just play quick. Which will obviously suit to him very well.

Ronnie will win. Perhaps after that he can forget this Barry Hearn-rubbish for once and all.

For once I understand one of your posts and agree with you.

Murphy will of course try his hardest to win, and like you say I doubt it will be a straightforward win for Ronnie. And yeah, if Ronnie wins this match, all the controversy may be put behind him.