Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 17th) Last 32 !!

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:1000 BARRIER BROKE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wildey seething. rofl

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:wow, dont know what to say. what a comeback and result. feel sorry for luca but Fu deserved it in the end.

And should it be Robertson-Fu, it's gonna be a cracker.

Wild called it yesterday. Luca is not solid enough yet to govern a lead in such an important tournament and Fu turned up the heat. This was always a possibility.

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Marco. But it also has to be said that Luca is not quite the finished article yet. For example playing ultra-aggressively when 5-0 up is a bit naive.

Postby GJ

PLtheRef wrote:Best fightback since Doherty against Hunter in the 2003 semis?

Credit to Fu. Sympathy for Brecel though.

Prefer Dohertys as Hunter was a proven winner

Postby Cheshire Cat

It's up there, especially because the standard of this match from start to finish was very high. Luca played some sensational stuff in the first session, and Marco was so aggressive in the second session.

Very memorable match.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Another great day's snooker.

Best day of the tournament by far.

there were a few great days in ponds

Yeah but it's a bit of a dampener when you can't see what's going on in most matches.

i was up til 2.30am watching Fergal on live scoring and apart from the fact i had to be up at 7.30 the following day it was exciting nights snooker.

Postby PLtheRef

Andy Spark wrote:Well done Marco. But it also has to be said that Luca is not quite the finished article yet. For example playing ultra-aggressively when 5-0 up is a bit naive.

It would seem so.

When he qualified back in 2012 - I think the achievement was getting there and breaking Hendry's record for the youngest ever player to reach the Crucible - it was a case of showing what he could do.

The 2012 UK's suggested a great deal of progress with a decent tactical game to go alongside the potting - he probably should have beaten Murphy in what is the best match over 1 session I've seen. Going back to last night, he needs to remember to stick with the tactical game, play the right shots, get the foot pressed on the throat when in front.

Anyone reminded of Alex Higgins when he was several in front of Thorburn in a Crucible Final?

I think the way to describe the result is that its surprising to see Fu recover a 7-2 deficit but it's not a shock.

Postby PLtheRef

Cheshire Cat wrote:

It's up there, especially because the standard of this match from start to finish was very high. Luca played some sensational stuff in the first session, and Marco was so aggressive in the second session.

Very memorable match.

Very similar aren't they. Paul was brilliant in the first three sessions and made 10 half centuries to get to 15-9 in front before Doherty just dug in during the final session.

GJ made the suggestion of Robertson doing something against Gould in 2010.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the table after day 3. Some rather high scores today - Tonyp got 3 out of 4 correct scores, earning 30 points with 6 more for the other prediction. Sas6789 achieved the remarkable feat of being one frame out in each prediction - thereby earning 32. Even though its early days, still surprising to see so many people still on for a first round clean sweep.

DAY THREE TABLE (8/31 Matches completed)
60 SAS6789 8 - 0
58 WILDEY 2WC 8 - 1
58 GCJDAVID 8 - 0
58 TONYP 7 - 3
54 THECLEAVER 8 - 0
52 ALEX0PAUL 7 - 1
48 PINK BALL 7 - 1
48 SUNDAYGIRL 7 - 1
48 CLOUD STRIFE 7 - 0
48 SKULLMAN 7 - 0
48 ERASERHEAD 6 - 2
46 VODKADIET 7 - 0
46 KOLOMPAR 6 - 1
46 STEVEJJ 6 - 1
44 ANDRE147 7 - 0
44 PLTHEREF 6 - 2
44 NICE_SHOES_KEN 6 - 1
44 SLOWJOE 6 - 1
44 SCOTTCORNO 6 - 1
42 GJ 6 - 1
42 OONEBSOO 6 - 0
40 SNOOKERFAN 6 - 1
40 TAMCTUS 6 - 0
40 SAVOMILOSEVIC 6 - 0
32 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 4 - 0
20 AIMLESSWANDEER 3 - 0

Monday's table
36 TONYP
32 SAS6789
30 GCJDAVID
30 WILDEY 2WC
26 ALEX0PAUL
26 VODKADIET
26 ERASERHEAD
26 ANDRE147
26 THECLEAVER
26 SAVOMILOSEVIC
24 KOLOMPAR
24 NICE_SHOES_KEN
24 SUNDAYGIRL
22 STEVEJJ
22 SNOOKERFAN
22 PLTHEREF
22 SCOTTCORNO
20 OONEBSOO
20 CLOUD STRIFE
20 SKULLMAN
20 GJ
20 SLOWJOE
20 AIMLESSWANDEER
18 PINK BALL
12 TAMCTUS
8 BADSNOOKERPLAYER

Postby vodkadiet

Brecel's ball bashing snooker will never work in the long run. It was painful watching him try to convert that overnight lead. If anything, he is going backwards, and don't forget he was 5-8 down to Swail a week ago.

Postby TheSaviour

My tournament starts here! Stuart Carrington, Liang Wenbo and Xiao Guodong are all larger than life interesting players on here! Guodong was someone who I 4 or 5 years ago or so thought would be a new Ronnie O´Sullivan. A machinery-like, stylish break-building, a solid at least quarter-finalists. But then I noticed some flaws considering his tecnnique and almost completely forgot him. But now his back. Let´s see what he is made from. The TELEVISION-camera pressure will be there. So.. Er.. Perhaps the same Carrignton? But who knows. Wenbo still a very likely to cope with the pressure. But I have an outside chance-hopes considering Guodong and Carrington.

Certainly rooting for Carrington! :mex: He has sublime natural talents.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 19 Apr 2017, edited 3 times in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

vodkadiet wrote:Brecel's ball bashing snooker will never work in the long run. It was painful watching him try to convert that overnight lead. If anything, he is going backwards, and don't forget he was 5-8 down to Swail a week ago.

Spot on, VD; I was massively surprised that Brecel was able to open up such a lead on Fu. I was not at all surprised that Fu won the match, in fact i expected it going into the second session, & that shouldn't be the case at 7-2 in a BO19.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I did say Brecel was a bit rubbish. rofl

& what's with the look? He used to resemble Fergal O'Brien, now he looks like Rag 'n' Bone Man...

:shrug: He's only human after all.

<ok>

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerEd25 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Brecel's ball bashing snooker will never work in the long run. It was painful watching him try to convert that overnight lead. If anything, he is going backwards, and don't forget he was 5-8 down to Swail a week ago.

Spot on, VD; I was massively surprised that Brecel was able to open up such a lead on Fu. I was not at all surprised that Fu won the match, in fact i expected it going into the second session, & that shouldn't be the case at 7-2 in a BO19.

Brecel is more likely to lose his tour card in the next few years than ever become World Champion.