Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 16th) Last 32 !!

Postby Dannyboy

Alex0paul wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:At 17, ROS qualified for the Crucible for the first time and lost 10-7 in R1 to Angles McManus.

At 17, Hendry also played in his first World Championship and lost 10-8 in R1 to odds on Willie.

Good age to start! This guy is already a World Cup winner too.

At 17 Liu Chuang qualified and did nothing

As I said though, Yan has already done something. Won $100,000 as a 15/16 year old for winning that World Cup.

He is going to be a serious, serious player. He looks like he has the typical, uber focused Chinese temperament.

Postby SnookerFan

aimlesswandeer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think that Shaun would have been a very reliable prefect when he was at school

He looks like a born-again Christian. Or a young Conservative. Which is apt, since he's both.

Murphy votes Conservative?

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dannyboy wrote:At 17, ROS qualified for the Crucible for the first time and lost 10-7 in R1 to Angles McManus.

At 17, Hendry also played in his first World Championship and lost 10-8 in R1 to odds on Willie.

Great stats - it is interesting to see his career begin. Will he reach the heights of those two?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
I also read somewhere North Korea was interested in hosting a PTC event a couple of years ago. I wonder what happened with that.

Their venue wasn't up to scratch...

https://mobile.twitter.com/nksassoc?lang=en

I bet the Oriental Buffet is better than the one opposite The Crucible though.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Great stats - it is interesting to see his career begin. Will he reach the heights of those two?

Come on Yan. Go one better.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Cloud Strife wrote:Wilson is playing like a clown. He's lucky Grace isn't punishing him.

I don't really see why ROS and Selby are so keen to hype him as a 'future world champion'. He's a good player no doubt, but he's not anything particularly special.

Postby Dannyboy

SnookerFan wrote:Oh. Murphy is going to win this...

More than likely, however he's No.5 in the world and has been for a long time. Its no disgrace.
He's had a fantastic first season as a pro as it is. Got to 5 x L16 places plus a QF in Berlin. £87,000 in prize money and counting. He'll be in the Top 32 very quickly.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Wilson is playing like a clown. He's lucky Grace isn't punishing him.

I don't really see why ROS and Selby are so keen to hype him as a 'future world champion'. He's a good player no doubt, but he's not anything particularly special.

Yeah, same with Anthony McGill.

Postby aimlesswandeer

SnookerFan wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think that Shaun would have been a very reliable prefect when he was at school

Yeah, there was a newspaper article about him a couple of years ago, where it talked about his interest in politics and how favours the blue side.

He looks like a born-again Christian. Or a young Conservative. Which is apt, since he's both.

Postby snucar

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Yeah, same with Anthony McGill.

Agreed! Both terribly overrated, especially McGill.

Postby aimlesswandeer

aimlesswandeer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yeah, there was a newspaper article about him a couple of years ago, where it talked about his interest in politics and how favours the blue side.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/worl ... tory.shtml

Postby aimlesswandeer

Cheshire Cat wrote:

I think it shows the paucity of good young players that people are so keen to label any young player that shows a bit of talent as a future World Champion. Yah, tipped by Barry Hearn, hasn't looked great shakes this morning,