Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 16th) Last 32 !!

Postby ScottCorno

Fascinating pair of games this evening! Hoping Fu can continue to make a game of it. Robertson needs to forget the 4-2 lead he had, if he's to get back in his game.

Postby kolompar

Cloud Strife wrote:
kolompar wrote:5 years ago there was that feature with the BBC experts predicting the top 5 in 5 years I think (must have been 5 years ago as a lot of them had Brecel there). Will we have a look at that?

That was 8 years ago they did that feature. There was already a lot of hype surrounding Brecel even back then.

Don't think so, most of the BBC commentators still don't know Brecel. It was definitely around the time he qualified. Maybe that was another one.

Postby Cloud Strife

kolompar wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
kolompar wrote:5 years ago there was that feature with the BBC experts predicting the top 5 in 5 years I think (must have been 5 years ago as a lot of them had Brecel there). Will we have a look at that?

That was 8 years ago they did that feature. There was already a lot of hype surrounding Brecel even back then.

Don't think so, most of the BBC commentators still don't know Brecel. It was definitely around the time he qualified. Maybe that was another one.

I know the feature you mean. I think Luca was 14 or 15 at the time of it. It was definitely done before he turned pro. I remember Dave Hendon was one of the guys who picked Luca to be in the top 8 in 5 years time, he also picked Ronnie and John Higgins as well.

Postby PLtheRef

kolompar wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

They first did one back in 2004 after the UK Championship when Maguire absolutely hammered Gray in the final 10-1. It was the BBCs main commentary team and journalists describing their top 8 in 2009.

They did the same in 2009 to compare and look ahead to 2014.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the Table after Day 2. Aimlesswandeer has been added to the contest but not yet to the table as none of the matches they predicted on have finished yet.

Table after Day 2 (4/31 Matches Complete)
30 PINK BALL 4 - 1
28 GCJDAVID 4 - 0
28 TAMCTUS 4 - 0
28 CLOUD STRIFE 4 - 0
28 SAS6789 4 - 0
28 SKULLMAN 4 - 0
28 WILDEY 2WC 4 - 0
28 THECLEAVER 4 - 0
26 ALEX0PAUL 4 - 0
24 STEVEJJ 3 - 1
24 SUNDAYGIRL 3 - 1
24 SLOWJOE 3 - 1
24 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 3 - 0
22 ERASERHEAD 3 - 1
22 GJ 3 - 1
22 PLTHEREF 3 - 1
22 SCOTTCORNO 3 - 1
22 OONEBSOO 3 - 0
22 KOLOMPAR 3 - 0
22 TONYP 3 - 0
20 VODKADIET 3 - 0
20 NICE_SHOES_KEN 3 - 0
18 SNOOKERFAN 3 - 0
18 ANDRE147 3 - 0
14 SAVOMILOSEVIC 2 - 0

Sunday's Table
18 STEVEJJ
18 SUNDAYGIRL
18 SLOWJOE
16 PINK BALL
16 ERASERHEAD
16 GJ
16 PLTHEREF
16 SCOTTCORNO
14 VODKADIET
14 GCJDAVID
14 CLOUD STRIFE
14 SAS6789
14 NICE_SHOES_KEN
14 SKULLMAN
14 WILDEY 2WC
14 THECLEAVER
12 ALEX0PAUL
12 TAMCTUS
12 SNOOKERFAN
12 ANDRE147
8 BADSNOOKERPLAYER
8 KOLOMPAR
8 TONYP
8 SAVOMILOSEVIC
6 OONEBSOO

Postby aimlesswandeer

[quote="PLtheRef"]Here is the Table after Day 2. Aimlesswandeer has been added to the contest but not yet to the table as none of the matches they predicted on have finished yet.

Thank you for adding me. I feel a bit like Fergal, trailing 8-1 to Selby, and predicting a thumping win for Fu means I'm not going to make up much ground...

Postby Dannyboy

PLtheRef wrote:
kolompar wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

They first did one back in 2004 after the UK Championship when Maguire absolutely hammered Gray in the final 10-1. It was the BBCs main commentary team and journalists describing their top 8 in 2009.

They did the same in 2009 to compare and look ahead to 2014.

I believe it was Trump they were all predicting being the No.1 in 5 years when he was 16 years old.

Postby Andy Spark

Ken just stated that there was a way of playing the double where you "couldn't miss". Blimey, Ken must be thinking about a pool table, or he must be the best doubles player in the world! John Higgins is very good, but even he knows they're missable.