8%
Golf
46%
The 1985 final
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: What'll get mentioned the most?

Postby Cracking

Ronnie's running routines that keep him fit and helping him stay focused.

From the semis and on.. you'll be able to hear a pin drop..

" I will never forget that amazing break.. i was sitting right here watching this young fella making that fenomenal break, it only took him 5 minuts and 20 seconds to pot the maximun, i couldn't belive what i was watching, you know John, i dont think that this record will ever be broken.."

WT: "he missed a trick there"

JP puffing out air and saying WOW.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerEd25 wrote:"Mini sessions"

Yawn.

I liked it when Dennis Taylor was commentating with Hendry and he said "As a player you think in terms of mini sessions, and you try to win each mini session 3-1, don't you Stephen?"

Hendry replied "No, I tried to win every frame!"

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:"Mini sessions"

Yawn.

I liked it when Dennis Taylor was commentating with Hendry and he said "As a player you think in terms of mini sessions, and you try to win each mini session 3-1, don't you Stephen?"

Hendry replied "No, I tried to win every frame!"

rofl

Postby ScottCorno

Even Hendry likes a golf analogy.. opened up with one before play Friday night :sad:

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Not sure this is the right thread but I've been talking to casual snooker watchers at work (wc, masters ect) and Dennis Taylor gets a lot of high praise from them. When I tell them that hardcore snooker fans hate his commentary they don't get it.

Postby GJ

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Not sure this is the right thread but I've been talking to casual snooker watchers at work (wc, masters ect) and Dennis Taylor gets a lot of high praise from them. When I tell them that hardcore snooker fans hate his commentary they don't get it.

:tvrky:

Postby GJ

Big-butt wrote:How fickle GJ is....?

rofl

I hate taylor permanently <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Not sure this is the right thread but I've been talking to casual snooker watchers at work (wc, masters ect) and Dennis Taylor gets a lot of high praise from them. When I tell them that hardcore snooker fans hate his commentary they don't get it.

That's the sort of fan the BBC are aimed at.

ITV has less well known fans, so assumes fans watching know more about snooker.

BBC does well at pleasing the fans it is aimed at. We are not those fans.