Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 15th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

early night then, and no chance that post count will get beaten, unless we had two close finishes here.

Not been the greatest opening days standard wise, only one century made by Ron and the rest scrappy most of the times.

I think tomorrow Murphy v Bingtao is going to be a cracker of a match, Luca v Fu too especially if Luca plays well.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I really fancy Wilson to beat O'Sullivan tomorrow

Eh. He'll probably twitch when it gets close.

to be fair. The way the season is going a Ronnie choke is as likely as Wilson twitching. Don't know how much Snooker you've seen this season but the last four frames of the first session today were like a copy of the matches ROS had against Mark King or Mark Davis.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

to be fair. The way the season is going a Ronnie choke is as likely as Wilson twitching. Don't know how much Snooker you've seen this season but the last four frames of the first session today were like a copy of the matches ROS had against Mark King or Mark Davis this season.

I agree.

Ronnie chocking and losing this match wouldn't surprise me that much to be honest.

I think he wont lose it, but carrying on like this he wont get past the 2nd round if he faces Murphy or even Bingtao.

Just too much twitching going on in his game. Cant bucking hammer his opponents like he so often did.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Disappointing first night's play, not even a hint of excitement in either match. I thought Fergal would grind and make it tough for Selby and that Ants and Mags would be close one, but two very one-sided matches.

Hopefully there'll be plenty of late night drama to make up for it in the sixteen days ahead.

Incidentally, would Willie be allowed to drop f-bombs after 9pm?

Postby Cheshire Cat

Skullman wrote:Only one century all day as well. Very rare for that to happen in recent times. Maybe they've made the pockets less buckety than normal :chin:

The pockets during the Gould vs Ding match from last year's Worlds still haunts me. There was a red that Gould potted that is the stuff of nightmares..

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
I agree.

Ronnie chocking and losing this match wouldn't surprise me that much to be honest.

I think he wont lose it, but carrying on like this he wont get past the 2nd round if he faces Murphy or even Bingtao.

Just too much twitching going on in his game. Cant bucking hammer his opponents like he so often did.

This is the first time I think it could get really embarrasing when he plays the likes of Selby or Trump. He looked absolutely helpless against Trump recently in the players championship. Even against a very average Robertson in the PTC grand finals.

Remember what Ronnie did to post prime Hendry in 2004. I'm not saying that will happen to Ronnie. Would be ridiculous to think, he'll lose 17:4 but I can see him getting beaten heavily by someone like Selby Trump or Robertson.

Let me put it that way. Even Ali Carter,Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy (who all have a rubbish record against him) would like to play him atm. And Murphy obviously can in the next round, and so can Ding in the quarters.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What an exciting end to day 1

Fergal and McGill should've been less rubbish, then.

What Selby and Mags did today is the Key to having a easy run in the Championship Not having rest day crap.

Postby LC

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
I agree.

This is the first time I think it could get really embarrasing when he plays the likes of Selby or Trump. He looked absolutely helpless against Trump recently in the players championship. Even against a very average Robertson in the PTC grand finals.

Remember what Ronnie did to post prime Hendry in 2004. I'm not saying that will happen to Ronnie. Would be ridiculous to think, he'll lose 17:4 but I can see him getting beaten heavily by someone like Selby Trump or Robertson.

Let me put it that way. Even Ali Carter,Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy (who all have a rubbish record against him) would like to play him atm. And Murphy obviously can in the next round, and so can Ding in the quarters.

I agree completely, people keep saying that he's been runner up 3 times and won one, but he hasn't played well consistently very rarely this season, coupled with some shocking losses to king, Davis to name a few, I personally think he's almost finished, lose to Wilson and I think he should walk away, people will say why? When he's still making finals, but the very best walk away when they no longer can produce their best

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

to be fair. The way the season is going a Ronnie choke is as likely as Wilson twitching. Don't know how much Snooker you've seen this season but the last four frames of the first session today were like a copy of the matches ROS had against Mark King or Mark Davis this season.

I agree.

I would still be surprised if he lost the match, but the killer instinct has escaped him, it's like when Superman had his powers taken away, Ronnie is Clarke Kent right now and is doing enough to get by, he's just another guy on the tour now who no longer has those powers, and it's left us wondering if he'll ever get those powers back!

Postby TheRocket

LC wrote:I agree completely, people keep saying that he's been runner up 3 times and won one, but he hasn't played well consistently very rarely this season, coupled with some shocking losses to king, Davis to name a few, I personally think he's almost finished, lose to Wilson and I think he should walk away, people will say why? When he's still making finals, but the very best walk away when they no longer can produce their best

Well its his choice but I can really see him retiring after the 2018 World Championships. ROS is no White or Davis in the end. If he keeps losing to some mugs he'll leave the arena. He just said it recently during the Masters as well. He doesnt want to go through a spell playing and actually knowing hes not good enough anymore.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

to be fair. The way the season is going a Ronnie choke is as likely as Wilson twitching. Don't know how much Snooker you've seen this season but the last four frames of the first session today were like a copy of the matches ROS had against Mark King or Mark Davis.

And I'll tell you more, if this was a Best of 11 match, I think Ronnie may well have bottled a 5-1 lead and lose 6-5.

That's how he's been playing of late.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the first update of the World Championships. These will appear nightly after the conclusion of an evening session. Should matches finish on a day without a scheduled finish then they will be included. Bonuses for finalists and maximums will be added to the table as and when they happen

Day One Table - 2/31 Matches
16 OONEBSOO 2 - 0
16 TAMCTUS 2 - 0
16 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 2 - 0
14 ALEX0PAUL 2 - 0
14 GCJDAVID 2 - 0
14 KOLOMPAR 2 - 0
14 CLOUD STRIFE 2 - 0
14 SAS6789 2 - 0
14 PINK BALL 2 - 0
14 SKULLMAN 2 - 0
14 TONYP 2 - 0
14 WILDEY 2WC 2 - 0
14 THECLEAVER 2 - 0
6 VODKADIET 1 - 0
6 NICE_SHOES_KEN 1 - 0
6 ERASERHEAD 1 - 0
6 STEVEJJ 1 - 0
6 SNOOKERFAN 1 - 0
6 GJ 1 - 0
6 ANDRE147 1 - 0
6 SUNDAYGIRL 1 - 0
6 PLTHEREF 1 - 0
6 SLOWJOE 1 - 0
6 SAVOMILOSEVIC 1 - 0
6 SCOTTCORNO 1 - 0

Naturally very early days. Everyone predicted a Selby victory over O'Brien with the only differences between 16 and 14 being those who were a single frame out e.g. 10-3 Selby prediction.

Postby Dan-cat

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Anything is possible in snooker. Yes Ronnie might lose to Gary Wilson tomorrow. But he could also get a draw like Robbo in 2010 and win the whole thing. No point to be so down before Ronnie is crashing out.

+1