Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Countdown !!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Cant understand the reason why most here dont think Gould has a great chance of beating Higgins.

Higgins record since winning in 2011 has been very very bad by his standards, only one QUarter-Final last year.

I think Gould has indeed a great chance. I'm not saying he'll beat him, but would you be surprised if he did? I certainly wouldn't, plus Higgins hasn't played well since his purple patch in November/December.

Knowing Higgins, he'll somehow worm his way through that one.

Postby Alex0paul

Can see Murphy beating Yan quite easily. He loves trying to bully younger opponents.

I hope I'm completely wrong though.

Postby GJ

Witz and Skull

:hatoff:

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:Witz and Skull

Fair weather fans.

Where were they for the Gibraltar Open?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Can see Murphy beating Yan quite easily. He loves trying to bully younger opponents.

I hope I'm completely wrong though.

I rate Bingtao. Think that could be a good match.

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:

Fair weather fans.

Just because I didn't post on the forum doesn't mean I didn't watch it :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Fair weather fans.

Just because I didn't post on the forum doesn't mean I didn't watch it :wave:

Damn part timer. :irk:

Postby eraserhead

McGill hasn't lost a first round match at the crucible yet will be interesting to see how he handles it as a seed. He usually thrives there but Maguire will have something to prove coming as a qualifier.

Maybe Robbo will spring to life here although I've been waiting for that to happen all season.

Postby Alex0paul

eraserhead wrote:McGill hasn't lost a first round match at the crucible yet will be interesting to see how he handles it as a seed. He usually thrives there but Maguire will have something to prove coming as a qualifier.

Maybe Robbo will spring to life here although I've been waiting for that to happen all season.

Maguire favourite to win that match with most bookies

Postby PLtheRef

If you log on to BBC Radio Sheffield. You can listen to their Snooker Heaven broadcast. Starts at 6pm. Selby, Thorburn and Hearn on the panel.

Postby GJ

The qualifiers with the best chance of making round 2 are Carrington , Ebdon , Gould and Dott.

Dont See Maguire beating Ants he openly hates the crucible and Ants will be far too solid for him.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
eraserhead wrote:McGill hasn't lost a first round match at the crucible yet will be interesting to see how he handles it as a seed. He usually thrives there but Maguire will have something to prove coming as a qualifier.

Very strange move by them :?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I fancy Jimmy Robertson to do well in this years tournament. He has heaps of talent but has plateaued for a few years. If he can gain some confidence, I believe he could have a great run.

Postby PLtheRef

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I fancy Jimmy Robertson to do well in this years tournament. He has heaps of talent but has plateaued for a few years. If he can gain some confidence, I believe he could have a great run.

If he can get in front of him then there's a chance he could get through. That might sound like an obvious statement but Allen doesn't like chasing games. Particularly at the Crucible where he hasn't done overly well for a good six years or so. If Robertson can take a lead at the end of the first session then we might see upset, truly on.

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Absolutely no doubt in my mind, Ronnie beats Wilson easy.

Yeah, I agree. Please everyone, let's not build Wilson up into a monster just because he's playing Ronnie. He's decent at best, nothing more.

He's a modern day Surinder Gill

I would say he was more Roy Andrewartha....

Postby SnookerFan

I'm still feeling shitty. Just my like. Fortnight off for The Crucible. And I'm sick.

Hope that beer and snacks don't go to waste.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Very strange move by them :?

I make it 50 / 50.

Postby Dannyboy

Also, one thing that I hear every year about this time of year - "in 5 years there will be 5-6 Chinese players in the Top 16". I've heard this line every year for about the last 10 years and it still hasn't happened!

Is there even that number in the top 64?

It'll happen eventually because of the Chinese attitude to sport; they'll churn them out, but stop spouting the same line every year!

Postby SnookerFan

Dannyboy wrote:Also, one thing that I hear every year about this time of year - "in 5 years there will be 5-6 Chinese players in the Top 16". I've heard this line every year for about the last 10 years and it still hasn't happened!

Is there even that number in the top 64?

It'll happen eventually because of the Chinese attitude to sport; they'll churn them out, but stop spouting the same line every year!

:goodpost:

Postby PLtheRef

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Big announcement today apparently.

Any clues?

Little was given away at the Radio Sheffield programme last night but the rumour is that given that Hearn mentioned that the championship is to stay in Sheffield (no mention of the Crucible)- that there is a possibility after next years Championship that it might well move to the Sheffield Arena???

Like I said though, a rumour.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:

Hearn making the Worlds under Shot Clock Rule?

#shootout

Any matches not finished by the end of the scheduled session sees the result stand.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

PLtheRef wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hearn making the Worlds under Shot Clock Rule?

#shootout

Any matches not finished by the end of the scheduled session sees the result stand.

If that is the case then the O' Brien - Gilbert match was incredibly fortuitous timing in order for Mr Hearn to make his change.

Postby SnookerFan

Wasn't his big announcement last year, that he'd changed the name of The Masters?

He had a press conference, and a champagne reception just to pose, I mean make this big announcement.

Postby Dannyboy

PLtheRef wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Any clues?

Little was given away at the Radio Sheffield programme last night but the rumour is that given that Hearn mentioned that the championship is to stay in Sheffield (no mention of the Crucible)- that there is a possibility after next years Championship that it might well move to the Sheffield Arena???

Like I said though, a rumour.

Think that's a lot of rubbish to be honest.