Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Countdown !!!!

Postby PLtheRef

Scooper wrote:I'll be watching at the Crucible for the first time, the second session of Ronnie's game, and Bingham/Ebdon will be on the other table. What happens if Ronnie's game finishes early - can we watch the other game?

They'll lift the curtain up at an appropriate interval e.g. End of the next frame. There are monitors in the arena where you can watch the opposite table before the curtain goes up

Postby SnookerFan

Is anybody else having trouble posting? Is the site really this busy?

Where have you all been for the rest of the season, you part-timers? :grrr:

Postby Scooper

SnookerFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:I'll be watching at the Crucible for the first time, the second session of Ronnie's game, and Bingham/Ebdon will be on the other table. What happens if Ronnie's game finishes early - can we watch the other game?

Yes.

They'll wait until a convenient time, and lift the wall up. So the whole arena can watch.

Thanks. And o rubbish... I was praying that I wouldn't be stuck with bucking Ebdon!

Postby Andre147

Some tasty matches there.

I'll doa brief summary later of the 16 matches, but for now just want to say Higgins probably has the toughest draw of the lot, and I wouldnt be the least surprised to see him go out first round.

Ronnie's opponent not the strongest, but been in cracking form with 8 tons in the qualifiers, 147 included, so not to be taken lightly.

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:Thanks. And o rubbish... I was praying that I wouldn't be stuck with bucking Ebdon!

You could always nip out for a drink, watch it on TV in the Crucible bar. rofl

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pity there wasn't a Robertson-Robertson or Wilson-Wilson match.

It think it's the fourth year in a row with an all-Scottish first round game.

Postby Scooper

SnookerFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:Thanks. And o rubbish... I was praying that I wouldn't be stuck with bucking Ebdon!

I could probably go for a drink between shots. Oh well, I guess Ronnie's game will last a while, unless it finishes at like 10-2 or something.

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I could probably go for a drink between shots. Oh well, I guess Ronnie's game will last a while, unless it finishes at like 10-2 or something.

Trust me. The experience of being there will be worth it, no matter how shoddy the match you have tickets for.

Postby SnookerFan

They should make Virgo and Willie Thorne commentate on Selby vs O'Brien. As punishment for moaning and swearing about that long frame last year. <ok>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 13 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Scooper

SnookerFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Trust me. The experience of being there will be worth it, no matter how shoddy the match you have tickets for.

Yeah, should be awesome.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

In my opinion it's a good draw for Ronnie. Better than one of the Chinese youth.

Wilson has no experience at the crucible and even though he is in shape and he has really well scored during the qualifiers I do not think he has a fairly complete game to challenge Ronnie on multi-session match .

Postby nice_shoes_ken

SnookerFan wrote:So, who is going to what?

I'm skiving this year.

Trump vs Snory Rory on Tuesday, will probably have to leave early though so I can rush back to Leicester for Leicester vs Atletico.

Postby TheRocket

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:In my opinion it's a good draw for Ronnie. Better than one of the Chinese youth.

Wilson has no experience at the crucible and even though he is in shape and he has really well scored during the qualifiers I do not think he has a fairly complete game to challenge Ronnie on multi-session match .

fully agree. The draw is allright and it could have been a lot worse. Not just the chinese players but it's also better imo he doesn't play the really slow players like O'Brien or McLeod. Especially O'Brien can still play really hard matchplay snooker and his game definitely doesnt suit Ronnies as their past encounters have also shown.

Wilsons game will suit Ronnies and as you say, its his first time at the Crucible so the occasion can easily get to him. We've all seen what happened to him in the China Open final in 2015.

I expect Ronnie to win like 10:5 or 10:6. 10:7 at worse.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Absolutely no doubt in my mind, Ronnie beats Wilson easy.

Yeah, I agree. Please everyone, let's not build Wilson up into a monster just because he's playing Ronnie. He's decent at best, nothing more.

Postby TheRocket

in all seriousness though. O'Brien could seriously trouble him imo. You could say he could do to Selby what Selby can do to Ronnie. Even for Selby standards the match can get reallly slow. So slow and methodical that Selby will have to really fight hard to win the match comfortably. Will be a very long day for Selby even though I still expect him to win in the end. If he does win he should be safely in the quarters as I can't see Day or Guodong causing him any trouble.

But Fu/Robertson might do in the quarters.

Postby PLtheRef

Don't think there'll be many seeds who will be disappointed with their draw looking at the line up.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Please everyone, let's not build Wilson up into a monster just because he's playing Ronnie. He's decent at best, nothing more.

No pleasing some people. I thought you'd all be happy with that draw.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:in all seriousness though. O'Brien could seriously trouble him imo. You could say he could do to Selby what Selby can do to Ronnie. Even for Selby standards the match can get reallly slow. So slow and methodical that Selby will have to really fight hard to win the match comfortably. Will be a very long day for Selby even though I still expect him to win in the end. If he does win he should be safely in the quarters as I can't see Day or Guodong causing him any trouble.

I hope to witness the first ever 3-hour frame in pro competition. <ok>

Postby eraserhead

Shame Fergal and Ebdon can only meet in the final. I was hoping Murphy would draw Fergal after all his twitter moaning.

Ding's match should be good.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:in all seriousness though. O'Brien could seriously trouble him imo. You could say he could do to Selby what Selby can do to Ronnie. Even for Selby standards the match can get reallly slow. So slow and methodical that Selby will have to really fight hard to win the match comfortably. Will be a very long day for Selby even though I still expect him to win in the end. If he does win he should be safely in the quarters as I can't see Day or Guodong causing him any trouble.

I hope to witness the first ever 3-hour frame in pro competition. <ok>

#matchofthefuckingday

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Holy buck! I thought the WC starts next weekend and not this.

My whole schedule is messed up now.

with all due respect where the buck have you been MARS???

Postby Alex0paul

Cloud Strife wrote:

He's a modern day Surinder Gill

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He's a modern day Surinder Gill

As long as he's not Michael Holt. Then we'd be really worried.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Interested to see how the Chinese youngsters play. it's great for them and the future of the game that they get to experience the Crucible at such a young age, hopefully it bears them in good stead.

From first glance, the first quarter of the draw would have been quite something if Ryan Day was replaced with someone like ROS, or Higgins, or Trump. You'd have had Selby, Robbo, Fu and one of them in a real heavyweight quarter of the draw.

Postby Alex0paul

Quarter 3 could've done with having a dangerous qualifier