Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Countdown !!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hopefully Ronnie can find a bit of form in his opening match. His standard of play this season hasn't been great - especially since February - but the Crucible just might inspire him.

No thoughts at this end to win the title unless he reaches the Semis... he hasnt played well there since winning in 2013. Reached the Final in 2014 but didn't play great most of the tournament.

Postby TheRocket

If Ronnie wins it, he has to win it in 2004 or 2008 style. Needs to get a comfortable lead as quickly as possible and build on that. Then we might even see some brillance from him and glimpses of the old O'Sullivan.

But if the result is like 10:10 in a bo25 match, or 14:14 in the semis, I'd always favour his opponent these days. He's just too twitchy this season.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Yes, no point to even think about another possible World Title for Ronnie at this moment.

But you never know in snooker. Anything is possible.

However I have to disagree that Ronnie hasn't played well here since 2013. I thought he played a good match against Barry last year, he was unlucky Barry was in beast mode in the final session.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:If Ronnie wins it, he has to win it in 2004 or 2008 style. Needs to get a comfortable lead as quickly as possible and build on that. Then we might even see some brillance from him and glimpses of the old O'Sullivan.

But if the result is like 10:10 in a bo25 match, or 14:14 in the semis, I'd always favour his opponent these days. He's just too twitchy this season.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Unfortunately he has problems handling the pressure this season. Even against players like Holt and Perry he's getting twitchy.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,it canny get better than this can it,what a crackin opener we have.

Grandpa Fergal v Mark Selby.

Can Fergal pull out yet another 10-9 win,he might even beat the record for the longest frame. :-D

Pity Mags has to play Ants.

I,m a tad more for Mags,i have a feeling he,ll beat Ants,he,ll be determined to get at least past the 1st round.

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:Well,it canny get better than this can it,what a crackin opener we have.

Can Fergal pull out yet another 10-9 win,he might even beat the record for the longest frame. :-D

I,m a tad more for Mags,i have a feeling he,ll beat Ants,he,ll be determined to get at least past the 1st round.

Evening

Hope your well

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Well,it canny get better than this can it,what a crackin opener we have.

Evening

Hope your well

Good evening Mr G J.

I,m doin ok thanks, :-) how,s yourself?.

Would be somethin if Robbo were to win,especially after the poor season he,s had. :-)

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:
GJ wrote:

Evening

Hope your well

Good evening Mr G J.

I,m doin ok thanks, :-) how,s yourself?.

Would be somethin if Robbo were to win,especially after the poor season he,s had. :-)

Well in the past he has surprised me in bouncing back from bad form so you never know , I hope him and kyren can both do well <cool>

Postby hendry_fan

Well i,m sure Kyren will beat Grace.

Gary Wilson rattled in a total of 8 centurys in his qualifying matches and scored numerous 50+ ers,i hope he throws a barrage of BIG breaks against Ronnie. :happy:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yes, no point to even think about another possible World Title for Ronnie at this moment.

However I have to disagree that Ronnie hasn't played well here since 2013. I thought he played a good match against Barry last year, he was unlucky Barry was in beast mode in the final session.

Probably, but safety play let him down big time in that match.

TR is right, if the match is 10-10/11-11, or if he reaches the Semis and it's lie 14 each or 15 each, his opponent will have an advantage, Ronnie far too twitchy when the pressure is put on him.

He'll certainly beat Wilson, but from then on I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt get past 2nd round or Quarter-Finals.

Never been so low on confidence in his abilities since 2011.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hopefully Ronnie can find a bit of form in his opening match. His standard of play this season hasn't been great - especially since February - but the Crucible just might inspire him.

His standard at the masters wasen't great either to be fair.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yes, no point to even think about another possible World Title for Ronnie at this moment.

TR is right, if the match is 10-10/11-11, or if he reaches the Semis and it's lie 14 each or 15 each, his opponent will have an advantage, Ronnie far too twitchy when the pressure is put on him.

He'll certainly beat Wilson, but from then on I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt get past 2nd round or Quarter-Finals.

I agree, Barry was absolutely awesome in that match but Ronnie was struggling to find the baulk line let alone the baulk cushion. I've never seen a player catch the middle pocket so often.

I also agree with Wild about the Masters. He won that tournament in spite of how he was playing, not because of it.

I'm massively looking forward to tomorrow, there's nothing in sport like the Snooker World Championships. It's a mental marathon unmatched by anything else.

I wish I could have booked the two weeks off.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:2 out of 128, possibly more. The golf tour does it.

How many times will 'The Ulster bore' say the word 'golf' during the Championships?

I say 53....

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I agree, Barry was absolutely awesome in that match but Ronnie was struggling to find the baulk line let alone the baulk cushion. I've never seen a player catch the middle pocket so often.

I also agree with Wild about the Masters. He won that tournament in spite of how he was playing, not because of it.

I'm massively looking forward to tomorrow, there's nothing in sport like the Snooker World Championships. It's a mental marathon unmatched by anything else.

I wish I could have booked the two weeks off.

Some of us did. :hatoff:

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
eraserhead wrote:McGill hasn't lost a first round match at the crucible yet will be interesting to see how he handles it as a seed. He usually thrives there but Maguire will have something to prove coming as a qualifier.

Maybe Robbo will spring to life here although I've been waiting for that to happen all season.

Maguire favourite to win that match with most bookies

Very strange move by them :?

Aye, baffling.