Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible : Qualifying Round 2 (April 9th & 1

Postby Alex0paul

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Would Hammed Miah be the worst player to qualify for the Crucible?

Do you mean this year or all-time?

Certainly wouldn't be the worst of all time, it would be silly to suggest that.

Of all time. He's got to be up there

Some of Hendry's first round opponents in the early 90s were godawful. Names like Surinder Gill, Danny Fowler etc. Those are a couple off the top of my head. I'm sure there were others even worse.

What has Miah done to suggest he is better than those?

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Would Hammed Miah be the worst player to qualify for the Crucible?

Do you mean this year or all-time?

Certainly wouldn't be the worst of all time, it would be silly to suggest that.

Of all time. He's got to be up there

Some of Hendry's first round opponents in the early 90s were godawful. Names like Surinder Gill, Danny Fowler etc. Those are a couple off the top of my head. I'm sure there were others even worse.

What has Miah done to suggest he is better than those?

Miah's career is just starting out, give him time. I'm not saying he's a world beater or anything, but to say he would be the worst ever qualifier seems to me to be abit OTT perhaps.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:[
Miah's career is just starting out, give him time. I'm not saying he's a world beater or anything, but to say he would be the worst ever qualifier seems to me to be abit OTT perhaps.

just look at his results this season ...

Craig Steadman was not much of a player either and yet qualified in 2015

so dont give me that same old rubbish every era has had rubbish qualifiers and 2001 no different with Nick Dyson anyone herd of him? or sean Sorey?????? or are you still expecting great things from them????

Postby Wildey

Anthony Hamilton has had his best ever season winning in Germany BUT it will end in disappointment losing 10-9 to thailands Noppon Saengkham.

Anthony not played at the Crucible since 2008 when he lost to Stephen Maguire 10-3 in the 1st Round

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:[

just look at his results this season ...

Craig Steadman was not much of a player either and yet qualified in 2015

so dont give me that same old rubbish every era has had rubbish qualifiers and 2001 no different with Nick Dyson anyone herd of him? or sean Sorey?????? or are you still expecting great things from them????

Don't know what you're banging on about here. All I was doing was refuting the suggestion that Hammad Miah would be the worst qualifier ever. :shrug:

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Anthony Hamilton has had his best ever season winning in Germany BUT it will end in disappointment losing 10-9 to thailands Noppon Saengkham.

Anthony not played at the Crucible since 2008 when he lost to Stephen Maguire 10-3 in the 1st Round

Pity he lost,god,losin 10-9 is horrible,but as you say,he,s had a wonderful season by his standards.

Good win for Fergal,talk about a marathon match,it finished around the 02.30 mark. <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

hendry_fan wrote:not the greatest season Seltys ever had,it has to be said,he definately needs to spend more time on the snooker table than on the golf courses in the future. :roll:

...or brewing moonshine in the woods... :dizzy:

Postby SnookerEd25

Cloud Strife wrote:

Danny Fowler was a solid top 30 pro' for the best part of a decade with some decent scalps on his record. There were far, far worse players to have soiled the Crucible.