Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible : Qualifying Round 1 (April 5th ~ 8

Postby PoolBoy

Yeah, I agree.
Santos will, tonight, be coming out for his last ever frame as a Tour player.
The bottom-line is, (with due respect) he's just not good enough!

And I can't see him ever returning!
Any 'token' place on Tour via an 'Americas' nomination would surely see Igor given berth.

Perhaps there should be a play-off between the champions of North America / South America / Africa for one single Tour place?

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:Yeah, I agree.
Santos will, tonight, be coming out for his last ever frame as a Tour player.
The bottom-line is, (with due respect) he's just not good enough!

And I can't see him ever returning!
Any 'token' place on Tour via an 'Americas' nomination would surely see Igor given berth.

Perhaps there should be a play-off between the champions of North America / South America / Africa for one single Tour place?

the likes of Igor would get there any route hes a very good player.

if world snooker are going to reward wild cards these players needs to prove their ability on a international scale not because hes good in his own family run events.

Postby PoolBoy

Tian Pengfei 6-1 Zhang Yong
Oliver Lines 2-3 Duane Jones
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-5 Chen Zhe
Rod Lawler 3-1 Xu Si
Jimmy Robertson 3-2 Cao Yupeng
Fergal O'Brien 1-4 Gerard Greene
Allan Taylor 2-3 Graeme Dott
Kurt Dunham 1-2 Alan McManus
Sanderson Lam 3-2 Joe Swail
Rory McLeod 2-2 Darryl Hill

Postby aimlesswandeer

SnookerFan wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Poom 5-0 down, looks like the end of an era.

What era is that?

The era of misunderstanding the three attempts and you concede a frame rule? The clapping your hands like a seal every time you play a poor shot era?

All that and more.

I'll be happy to never lay eyes on him at a snooker tournament again. His antics were funny for five minutes the first time, now they're just annoying and disrespectful.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:That's one more day of work over. Four more days left, then I am off for the whole tournament.

I am thinking of fashioning a sign for my door warning that anyone who disturbs my snooker dies a slow, painful death.

Beware of going to the extent of suggesting they be executed. Our friend Wild doesn't like such banter!

Postby SnookerFan

aimlesswandeer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Poom 5-0 down, looks like the end of an era.

What era is that?

The era of misunderstanding the three attempts and you concede a frame rule? The clapping your hands like a seal every time you play a poor shot era?

All that and more.

I'll be happy to never lay eyes on him at a snooker tournament again. His antics were funny for five minutes the first time, now they're just annoying and disrespectful.

He has a cool name though.

Postby TheRocket

damn. just cant enjoy those qualifying rounds. Hope the next 7 days or so will be over as quickly as possible. Even though it's bo19 format like a normal last 32 match it feels like a boring prologue.

Just can't wait to see Snooker in the Crucible again.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:damn. just cant enjoy those qualifying rounds. Hope the next 7 days or so will be over as quickly as possible. Even though it's bo19 format like a normal last 32 match it feels like a boring prologue.

Just can't wait to see Snooker in the Crucible again.

Boring? Sory mate but if there's one thing the World Qualifiers aren't, is boring. So much at stake, you ccan see the tension and how much the players want to make the Crucible. To some, it's regarded as the 2nd best event on the calendar, and who can blame them?

It's exciting to see the players battling it out, so no, it's definately not a prologue to the Worlds, I regard it as an event on it's own.