Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible : Qualifying Round 1 (April 5th ~ 8

Postby PLtheRef

I've watched a fair bit of that tonight (on the bus back home now) but i don't think any of this bodes well for the rest​ of the week should​ Maguire get through. He's been getting annoyed with himself and has lost two frames from well in front.

Postby kolompar

PLtheRef wrote:I've watched a fair bit of that tonight (on the bus back home now) but i don't think any of this bodes well for the rest​ of the week should​ Maguire get through. He's been getting annoyed with himself and has lost two frames from well in front.

He has a really easy draw, Bond next then Li Hang or Mike Dunn, if he can't qualify he should consider retirement.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:If Zhao doesn't sort his tactics in the next year he could be destined for the same route as Luca Brecel.

At least Luca has already reaching a ranking event final, semis of the Welsh and Quarters of the UK. I'd say if Zhao doesn't sort his tactics he could be destined to be like Lisowski.

Postby Andre147

Some interesting quotes from MJW:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/williams-ov ... zhao-test/

“I haven’t really got over the China trip yet, but somehow I found something from 7-5 down and it is a really good win for me.

“I’m just over the moon that I managed to get through,” said the two-time World Champion. “He is the one that everybody wanted to avoid. I just had a feeling I was going to get him.

“I’ve been watching him a lot and if anything he has really frustrated me. He has the ability to win tournaments, he is that good. He just goes for the most outrageous shots that you shouldn’t be going for and that is the only reason that he hasn’t got to the latter stages of tournaments yet. If you could get him down to my club for 12 months I think I could make him a tournament winner.”

I'd say make MJW Zhao's coach, and in no time Zhao would become a much better player. MJW seems he wouldn't mind coaching someone as talented as him.