Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible : Qualifying Round 1 (April 5th ~ 8

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:camera on every table happened in the final qualifying round Judgement day.

i was under the impression that Eurosport TV was showing world qualifiers that was the impression Barry Hearn gave when Eurosport took over qualifiers.

Hopefully third round gets similar treatment this year, supose it doesn't make sense for the very first round when there'll be quite a few one sided matches.

Edit: Actually now that I'm thinking about it all tables but two where on youtube and eurosport got stuck with some of the less glamorous matches.

Postby eraserhead

OoNebsoO wrote:Reanne Evans just won third frame of her match against Hull with a 57 break. Also, in first frame she needed 6 snookers, but played on. I think that's fine, as the red was still on.

She also might have wanted a bit of time to settle in probably much different conditions than she's used to, and Robin Hull's a tough match for anyone.

Postby ScottCorno

SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, enough of this jibber jabber. Anybody watching? Want to shot out some live scores and analysis?

Anda and Xiongman had a lengthy battle in frame one, won by Xiongman. Second frame past the half hour too which Anda should take to level.

Slessor comfortable and quick first frame, bit scrappy since, 1-1 with Wakelin 50 ahead in the third, 6 reds left.

Carrington steamrollering Borg 3-0 I also note.

Crowd in good numbers (particularly for a day 1, am session) lots around the King and Stevens games.

Postby SnookerFan

ScottCorno wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, enough of this jibber jabber. Anybody watching? Want to shot out some live scores and analysis?

Anda and Xiongman had a lengthy battle in frame one, won by Xiongman. Second frame past the half hour too which Anda should take to level.

Slessor comfortable and quick first frame, bit scrappy since, 1-1 with Wakelin 50 ahead in the third, 6 reds left.

Carrington steamrollering Borg 3-0 I also note.

Crowd in good numbers (particularly for a day 1, am session) lots around the King and Stevens games.

Good man. :hatoff:

Postby ScottCorno

Update on table 8.

Past 45 minutes now.
Anda leads by 27.
Blue pink black left.

Anda will kick himself if he loses it, is missing the small chances he's had to put the frame away.

Only frame 2.

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:Not sure I agree with playing-on when requiring 6 snookers in only the 2nd frame of a best-of-19....
But, we all know what a boring, negative plodder Rod Lawler is!

Oh, it wasn't Lawler? It was Reanne Evans - well, that's okay then! :-)

you never know and Reanne has to fight for every scrap she gets.

Robin Hull is a quality player

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Not sure I agree with playing-on when requiring 6 snookers in only the 2nd frame of a best-of-19....
But, we all know what a boring, negative plodder Rod Lawler is!

Oh, it wasn't Lawler? It was Reanne Evans - well, that's okay then! :-)

It's a player's right to do so, at the end of the day. They are there to win, and make it difficult for their opponent.

I can understand that it may not be everybody's favourite style of play to watch. But if anything, it's the opposite of negative. Still trying to win, when you need several snookers? You can hardly accuse them of giving up, can you? rofl

Postby GJ

Matthew will be dropping off the tour at the end of next season.

He used to only play well in longer format now he's hopeless in them as well.

What a waste of talent

Postby Wildey

Zhang Anda last year reached the crucible for the 3rd time if hes going to make it this year and all his matches are like this one he will be knackered if he draws Selby on opening day

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:Zhang Anda last year reached the crucible for the 3rd time if hes going to make it this year and all his matches are like this one he will be knackered if he draws Selby on opening day

Pfft. ShaunMurphy reckons he'd be 'battle-hardened'