Post a reply

Re: Who's dropping-off the Tour?

Postby davisfan

I'm talking stats, man. Cold hard stats. Joe Johnson and John Spencer are outnumbered by Jack Lisowski, Joe Perry, Jamie Jones, Jimmy Robertson, Jason Ferguson, Jim Meadowcroft, Jim Wych, Jimmy Mitchie, the aforementioned droppees and god knows how many jobbers with a J.

'S'. Now that's an initial.

Postby SnookerFan

davisfan wrote:I'm talking stats, man. Cold hard stats. Joe Johnson and John Spencer are outnumbered by Jack Lisowski, Joe Perry, Jamie Jones, Jimmy Robertson, Jason Ferguson, Jim Meadowcroft, Jim Wych, Jimmy Mitchie, the aforementioned droppees and god knows how many jobbers with a J.

'S'. Now that's an initial.

Never have statistics been more useful. <ok>

Postby Vallomas

Ken Doherty is also out. Considering that three years ago he beat Bingham by 10-5, this is a shock.

Poomjaeng drops off the tour too, but I never thought that had anything special as a player.

Postby PoolBoy

Although the final list isn't yet officially confirmed, as it stands, 217 seasons of snooker experience is about to go!

Total seasons as a professional player:

Jimmy White 37
Ken Doherty 27
Joe Swail 25
Jamie Burnett 25
Paul Davison 18
Jamie Cope 14
Jason Weston 12
Dechawat Poomjaeng 6
Igor Figueiredo 6
Ian Burns 5
Fraser Patrick 5
Martin O'Donnell 4
Allan Taylor 4
Sean O'sullivan 4
James Cahill 4
Michael Wild 3
Sanderson Lam 2
Zhang Yong 2
Duane Jones 2
Sydney Wilson 2
Darryl Hill 2
Gareth Allen 2
Hamza Akbar 2
Hatem Yassin 2
Itaro Santos 2
Last edited by PoolBoy on 11 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby aimlesswandeer

kolompar wrote:I think Poomjaeng will get back easily if he wants to.

If he decides he wants to be a snooker player and not a Chuckle brother then maybe.

Postby PoolBoy

Massive reprieve for Ian Burns who has benefitted from Noppon Saengkham qualifying for the Crucible.
This would now appear to be the final list:

Jimmy White 37
Ken Doherty 27
Joe Swail 25
Jamie Burnett 25
Paul Davison 18
Jamie Cope 14
Jason Weston 12
Dechawat Poomjaeng 6
Igor Figueiredo 6
Fraser Patrick 5
Martin O'Donnell 4
Allan Taylor 4
Sean O'sullivan 4
James Cahill 4
Michael Wild 3
Sanderson Lam 2
Zhang Yong 2
Duane Jones 2
Sydney Wilson 2
Darryl Hill 2
Gareth Allen 2
Hamza Akbar 2
Hatem Yassin 2
Itaro Santos 2

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:Damn. Tough school. Some fine players there.

What is Jimmy gonna do now?

I understand that in the aftermath of him losing his place, he stated that he does still want to get-back-on-Tour.
He Tweeted, that although he'd obviously like to be there on merit, he would still accept an Invitational Tour Card, if Barry Hearn offered one!

I definitely think he'd give Q-School a go - possibly just this year though - but, if he failed to qualify would finally accept that his time as a professional, has come to an end.

But, his form has picked-up since his dramatic weight loss, so perhaps he should have a go at Q-School.
12 players will get two-year-tour-cards....he could do it!

Postby SteveJJ

gallantrabbit wrote:Why should he just retire?? If he`s enjoying himself and still playing ok at times? Looks like he and Ken have got WCs.

It's up to them whether they retire or not but it sticks in the throat that despite their popularity and what they've done in and for the game they will be on the tour because of the above rather than on merit. Which doesn't go along with Hearn's claim of not rewarding mediocrity and that the snooker tour should be brutal.

The bare facts are that neither Jimmy or Ken have done enough to merit a place on the tour and thus should be treated like everyone else who has fallen off the tour and either try to gain entry via Q School or the amateur tournaments or find something else to do with their lives.

No one should have a divine right to a place on the tour.

Postby vodkadiet

Tony Knowles and Doug Mountjoy should be given 10 year tour cards and a direct place in The Masters every year.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:Tony Knowles and Doug Mountjoy should be given 10 year tour cards and a direct place in The Masters every year.

Agree they have as many world titles as white

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Tony Knowles and Doug Mountjoy should be given 10 year tour cards and a direct place in The Masters every year.

Agree they have as many world titles as white

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:win:

Postby Ronnie79

I fuc*king hate this wildcards Jimmy and Ken are finished. Why not give a wildcard to young homegrown talent. Hallworth and Sargeant. Let Ken and Jimmy go to qschool. I'm a Jimmy fan but it's time to give it up.

Postby GJ

Any chance selt dropping off next season ?

Postby Iranu

GJ wrote:Any chance selt dropping off next season ?

Off the face of the Earth?

We live in hope.

Postby GJ

Iranu wrote:

We live in hope.

:D :D :D :D :D

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

We live in hope.

Leave my mate alone.

You leave your mate alone. It's what he deserves.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

We live in hope.

Leave my mate alone.

You leave your mate alone. It's what he deserves.

rofl

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:

We live in hope.

<ok>

Postby TheSaviour

I noticed Sean O´Sullivan´s name was also on that list. He plays the same way as Tian Pengfei. That´s superb to watch, as when they miss something it is completely logical and sensible miss. So it is what professionalism is all about. It is highly educative, also.

So that´s break-building wise. But as many fans have at least now noticed, the game of snooker is much about safety-exchanges. These at least best of 25s makes is visible. Frame after frame just trying to see the straight lines and the cue ball travels. Not much sense trying to PERFECTLY hide the cue ball because 2, 3 or 4 cushions and it is tightly back on the back of reds with absolutely nothing to go for.

So that Seans and Tians playing works during the long season, but not in Sheffield. Sheffield is the real thing, as I have already posted many times. But players needs to do something for the other part of the years also. Perhaps they could just try take it more easy and enjoying the travelling all around the world to play these tournaments. And just take the results and ranking points they just happened to receive.

Sean previously responded flawlessy when some people asked some questions from him. But not much sense trying to make someone feeling guilty when it is all about failing to see a flaw. It can be done but the results are always a no-show.

Perhaps my brain got freezed out also during the long winter.. As I was on about the three Majors and so on. When quite obviously Sheffield is the real thing, while other tournaments are just there. But I am a person not wanting to editing big time any previous rubbishes I have wrote. The winter just is like that. I just got going with a scores of people, sports and media.

Postby GJ

TheSaviour wrote:I noticed Sean O´Sullivan´s name was also on that list. He plays the same way as Tian Pengfei. That´s superb to watch, as when they miss something it is completely logical and sensible miss. So it is what professionalism is all about. It is highly educative, also.

So that´s break-building wise. But as many fans have at least now noticed, the game of snooker is much about safety-exchanges. These at least best of 25s makes is visible. Frame after frame just trying to see the straight lines and the cue ball travels. Not much sense trying to PERFECTLY hide the cue ball because 2, 3 or 4 cushions and it is tightly back on the back of reds with absolutely nothing to go for.

So that Seans and Tians playing works during the long season, but not in Sheffield. Sheffield is the real thing, as I have already posted many times. But players needs to do something for the other part of the years also. Perhaps they could just try take it more easy and enjoying the travelling all around the world to play these tournaments. And just take the results and ranking points they just happened to receive.

Sean previously responded flawlessy when some people asked some questions from him. But not much sense trying to make someone feeling guilty when it is all about failing to see a flaw. It can be done but the results are always a no-show.

Perhaps my brain got freezed out also during the long winter.. As I was on about the three Majors and so on. When quite obviously Sheffield is the real thing, while other tournaments are just there. But I am a person not wanting to editing big time any previous rubbishes I have wrote. The winter just is like that. I just got going with a scores of people, sports and media.

Excellent and thorough analysis your knowledge knows no bounds :spot on:

Keep up the good work <ok>