Post a reply

Anthony Hamilton Watch

Postby SnookerFan

Anthony Hamilton, won the German Masters this season. Doing it for the oldies. But is now in qualifiers, and has to face Craig Steadman.

It has been decided democratically that the Watch thread will be dedicated to him this year. So, erm, yeah. Let's Watch....

Re: Anthony Hamilton Watch

Postby Cloud Strife

I think he'll beat Steadman. It's quite a comfortable opening round draw for him actually when you consider who he could have faced.

Postby GJ

Hamilton will lose to Steadman

Postby GJ

Couldn't care less , im just saying what will happen :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:Couldn't care less , im just saying what will happen :hatoff:

We don't mind that. We just don't want a repeat of two years ago, where you posted an ineligible Watch Thread. <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Interesting pick and hopefully we'll actually be able to watch as he progresses. Can't really see Steadman beating him unless AH really dips.

Postby eraserhead

I don't think I've seen Steadman since he played Ronnie at the crucible.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Interesting pick and hopefully we'll actually be able to watch as he progresses. Can't really see Steadman beating him unless AH really dips.

Should've gone with Mark Williams really.

Postby GJ

Steadman is a cubicle bully who can play out tof his skin.

He easily beat Michael White in quallies 2 years ago so write him. Off at your peril.

Postby PoolBoy

I think it's a decent draw for Anthony Hamilton.

Hypothetically, If he was offered a 're-draw' - that he would then have to take - would he opt for that or 'stick' with playing Steadman?
I really think he'd 'stick'.

Official Current World Ranking:
Anthony Hamilton 25
Craig Steadman 103

This season's list:
Anthony Hamilton 13
Craig Steadman 93

Possibly, Steadman can play without pressure - obviously aside from the prize money (!) - but (unlike Jimmy white and others) he's already guaranteed his Tour place for next season. (Year 2 of his 2-year-Tour-card)

Postby PoolBoy

Head-to-head:

Anthony Hamilton 2-3 Craig Steadman
(but 3 of those were the old PTC events...)

...in 'big' tournaments it's 1-1.

Hamilton beat Steadman in the 2014 UK Championship - while Steadman defeated Hamilton in the Welsh Open, this season!
Interesting, I'd forgotten about that!

The game is played on Saturday.
First session is in the morning and the second session is played in the evening.

Postby PoolBoy

The bookies odds for this game are showing that Hamilton is favourite at 4/11 with Steadman at 7/2.
That's roughly a 77% chance of Hamilton winning and 23% chance for Steadman.

So, Hamilton expected to win 3 times out of 4, and Steadman 1 time out of 4.

Postby gallantrabbit

The pressure for Steadman must surely be the money. 8k or nix. AH a little more comfortable on that score this season. Will cruise.

Postby gallantrabbit

AH should have a little glance back at the tape from the German last session. If he plays half of what he did he'll cruise.

Postby aimlesswandeer

So far it seems to have been an old school Hammy match, slow and scrappy and likely to carry on into the wee small hours.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
mick745 wrote:Gone 9pm and could still have another eight frames to play yet.

That's just how Hamilton likes it

WATCH HIM!