Post a reply

Who will win the World Championship in 2017?

Stuart Bingham
5%
Joe Perry
No votes
Barry Hawkins
5%
Martin Gould
No votes
Alan McManus
5%
Michael Holt
5%
Mark King
No votes
Dominic Dale
14%
Anthony Hamilton
19%
Other (Please State)
48%

Total votes : 21

Re: 2017 World Championship - who will win?

Postby TheSaviour

Paddy Power has made Judd Trump a slight favourite, just ahead of Mark Selby and Ronnie O´Sullivan.

I think now it is correct time to make some decent predictions. Earlier it was a slightly erratic because the situations keeps on moving. I am thinking what would Mike Hallet think about this? He has had some decent eye to predict things. It has been that good that If you allow Mikey to be on a top it can be demoralising. He has a great physiological eye and bit of a tendency to play with it. Been there, done that. But not going to allow it to happen anymore. I am just saying that no man or a women can do these things just alone. You really need to have a healthy respect towards some real experts. So just trying to figure out what those experts are now saying.

I personally only can see Ronnie now as a big favourite once again. Even when it has not looked that good during the season. EVEN when 2/3 majors are already been played, and his results were the UK - the runner up to Judd and the Masters - a winner over Joe Perry. But that statistic is a bit pointless. It is a much to do with the playing styles and what could be usefull just NOW. What the audiences are ready to support. Reanne had a great effort there. She plays a punch and a counter-punch snooker. Even when she falls way behind it is still absolutely no problem. She can launch a valiant fightbacks, like she did against Robin Hull and Lee Walker. A punch and a counterpunch it seems to be now. That´s something Reanne has bring in. And that should be usefull to Ronnie. But the playing style is using the whole table, using all the colours, and allowing the cue ball to move freely and with flair, instead of those straight lines.

A major disappointment to Joe Perry. Obviously he is a top 5 -player. He will be there during the next few years. He brilliantly pushed Ronnie all the way in that Masters final. He is a much better player than let´s say Ryan Day, Liang Wenbo or Martin Gould. But I am still very much appreciating what those "lesser" players can do and do! Some great, great playing. Where do those obvious thoughts always comes from?? Just think about it a little bit more, and listen and read people, an experts, also. The situations keeps on moving, or probably or, or perhaps so, even if people highly value the traditions.

I followed quite closely how Magnus once again won the Chess World Championships. I had an argument over it, a volatile one. But it´s allright now. Magnus was a much better player, no matter what some people might had wished. Magnus is the Ronnie O´Sullivan of chess - the greatest player of all time. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 13 Apr 2017, edited 3 times in total.

Postby sas6789

TheSaviour wrote:Paddy Power has made Judd Trump a slight favourite, just ahead of Mark Selby and Ronnie O´Sullivan.

I think now it is correct time to make some decent predictions. Earlier it was a slightly erratic because the situations keeps on moving. I am thinking what would Mike Hallet think about this? He has had some decent eye to predict things. It has been that good that If you allow Mikey to be on a top it can be demoralising. He has a great physiological eye and bit of a tendency to play with it. Been there, done that. But not going to allow it to happen anymore. I am just saying that no man or a women can do these things just alone. You really need to have a healthy respect towards some real experts. So just trying to figure out what those experts are now saying.

I personally only can see Ronnie now as a big favourite once again. Even when it has not looked that good during the season. EVEN when 2/3 majors are already been played, and his results were the UK - the runner up to Judd and the Masters - a winner over Joe Perry. But that statistic is a bit pointless. It is a much to do with the playing styles and what could be usefull just NOW. What the audiences are ready to support. Reanne had a great effort there. She plays a punch and a counter-punch snooker. Even when she falls way behind it is still absolutely no problem. She can launch a valiant fightbacks, like she did against Robin Hull and Lee Walker. A punch and a counterpunch it seems to be now. That´s something Reanne has bring in. And that should be usefull to Ronnie. But the playing style is using the whole table, using all the colours, and allowing the cue ball to move freely and with flair, instead of those straight lines.

A major disappointment to Joe Perry. Obviously he is a top 5 -player. He will be there during the next few years. He brilliantly pushed Ronnie all the way in that Masters final. He is a much better player than let´s say Ryan Day, Liang Wenbo or Martin Gould. But I am still very much appreciating what those "lesser" players can do and do! Some great, great playing. Where do those obvious thoughts always comes from?? Just think about it a little bit more, and listen and read people, an experts, also. The situations keeps on moving, or probably or, or perhaps so, even if people highly value the traditions.

I followed quite closely how Magnus once again won the Chess World Championships. I had an argument over it, a volatile one. But it´s allright now. Magnus was a much better player, no matter what some people might had wished. Magnus is the Ronnie O´Sullivan of chess - the greatest player of all time. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Firstly Joe Perry's is not a top 5 player and secondly how can ROS be the greatest "Without a shadow of a doubt" when he still has yet to win the most.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I guess Judd Trump should be considered the favourite this year.

:goodpost:

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:After McManus made the semis last year I fancy Nigel Bond to finally get his hands on the trophy

I still believe