Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Mark Selby can win as many major titles as he wants MJW will always be above him for me.

re match: the class of 75 making a habit of twitching lately though I dont think MJW really choked in this match so far.

Probably you're right. From 8-7 down, Selby has gone up a gear or 2. The break to go 8-8 was as good as it gets, and the last break for 9.8 wasn't too shaby.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Mark Selby can win as many major titles as he wants MJW will always be above him for me.

re match: the class of 75 making a habit of twitching lately though I dont think MJW really choked in this match so far.

Probably you're right. From 8-7 down, Selby has gone up a gear or 2. The break to go 8-8 was as good as it gets, and the last break for 9.8 wasn't too shaby.

But I have to admit that winning 3 rankers (and probably a 4th one also) is an incredible feat, no matter what.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

But I have to admit that winning 3 rankers (and probably a 4th one also) is an incredible feat, no matter what.

Selby is the player of the season thus far even if he loses this Final.

Not Trump. Selby has won the 2 most important rankers outside the Crucible, and Trump "only" two, but lost anther 3 Finals.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Not Trump. Selby has won the 2 most important rankers outside the Crucible, and Trump "only" two, but lost anther 3 Finals.

Player of the season will be Ronnie when he wins the World Championship.

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Player of the season will be Ronnie when he wins the World Championship.

he would have a case but i wouldnt make him though. IF (!!!) he wins the WC he would have reached 3 major finals (CoC, UK, European Masters) and won 1 Masters title. But he has been very inconsistent after the masters final regarding results let alone his form.

Postby eraserhead

eraserhead wrote:Ronnie wasn't consistent in the Masters final.

Chance for match.

I mean result wise, not form wise

Hopefully we see a different Ronnie at the worlds.

Selby is top favourite, 2nd Trump and then the rest in no order (Ding, Murphy..). Dont know about Higgins to be honest. After losing the decider matches vs Selby at the Uk and Allen at the masters he hasnt been the same.

And the losses to Ding and Willo from being well in front must have hurt his confidence. Normaly he is the one who inflicts such damage.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Ronnie wasn't consistent in the Masters final.

Chance for match.

I mean result wise, not form wise

Hopefully we see a different Ronnie at the worlds.

One that doesn't pretend to be a robot?

Postby eraserhead

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Selby is top favourite, 2nd Trump and then the rest in no order (Ding, Murphy..). Dont know about Higgins to be honest. After losing the decider matches vs Selby at the Uk and Allen at the masters he hasnt been the same.

And the losses to Ding and Willo from being well in front must have hurt his confidence. Normaly he is the one who inflicts such damage.

Trumps got Higgins and Carter in his half I can see him struggling against them over a long match.

Postby TheRocket

a pity MJW has lost but you've got to say that Selby was too strong those last three frames. Definitely the top favourite to win the World.

Someone really needs to be in top gear to beat him there. And you have to say that Trump probably is the only player atm who has the form to do it.
Last edited by TheRocket on 02 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Ryan Day. :D

He Can share this win with Selby.

He was with him in spirit on every shot.

Gutted for MJW

Congrats Selbo :win:

Postby PoolBoy

Now finalised!!!

Mark Selby v Qualifier
Ryan Day v Qualifier
Neil Robertson v Qualifier
Marco Fu v Qualifier
-------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Qualifier
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Qualifier
Liang Wenbo v Qualifier
Ding Junhui v Qualifier
Stuart Bingham v Qualifier
Kyren Wilson v Qualifier
Mark Allen v Qualifier
John Higgins v Qualifier
Barry Hawkins v Qualifier
Ali Carter v Qualifier
Anthony McGill v Qualifier
Judd Trump v Qualifier

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:a pity MJW has lost but you've got to say that Selby was too strong those last three frames. Definitely the top favourite to win the World.

Someone really needs to be in top gear to beat him there. And you have to say that Trump probably is the only player atm who has the form to do it.

or an in form Ronnie, which looks a million years away atm but you never know with the man...

Postby pasunegirafe

Yay Selby! :D :win:

I'm not surprised he missed that pink to the middle. He misses that so often for some reason.

Williams played really well, better than I thought. I expected some easy misses, but he only had a few and was pretty consistent and focused overall.

Good match, good result :-D

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Selby-O'Sullivan and Higgins-Trump to be the semifinals.

And an O'Sullivan v Higgins Final I bet is what you would want :-D

I wouldnt mind an Allen v Trump Semi too.