Post a reply

Re: China Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby TheRocket

LC wrote:Cahill looks confident, I wouldn't be surprised if he won here

I'd very surprised if he doesn't start to choke when the finishing line comes closer. thats what bottlers and journeymen usually do.

Postby LC

TheRocket wrote:
LC wrote:Cahill looks confident, I wouldn't be surprised if he won here

I'd very surprised if he doesn't start to choke when the finishing line comes closer. thats what bottlers and journeymen usually do.

He choked just there after a superb green he missed a easy brown, gifting the frame

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie wins 5:3.

poor performance from him again though. Missing mid distance pots by a mile. Poor positional play and safety play. Same stuff like all season so far. It's like as if he's playing 75% of his matches like that.

I admit though. It wasnt the biggest occasion and he probably didn't put 100% into every shot. still a poor performance.

Postby LC

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie wins 5:3.

poor performance from him again though. Missing mid distance pots by a mile. Poor positional play and safety play. Same stuff like all season so far. It's like as if he's playing 75% of his matches like that.

I admit though. It wasnt the biggest occasion and he probably didn't put 100% into every shot. still a poor performance.

Agreed, missed loads of long pots, seemed like he wasn't really up for it, tho still good enough to win

Postby Andre147

Not surprised... it's hard to get properly get up for a qualifying match like this after his high profile win at The Masters.

Will watch it on YT, but at least he won and has another ranking event in China... Can't believe he will travel there 3 times in a whole season!

Postby Morinas77

Perry and Gould are the two players who only need a semifinal to pass Ryan Day in the seedings. Both are in the same quarter as Trump and McGill. Gilbert, King and Walden would need to reach the final, while Holt, Williams, McManus and Maguire need to win the title.

Would love to see the big run for Maguire or Gilbert, but clearly Trump losing to Perry/Gould is the biggest danger for Day.
Last edited by Morinas77 on 21 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

Looks like a poster for hemorrhoid cream.

"4 of these men have found relief from troublesome itching..."

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Looks like a poster for hemorrhoid cream.

Is Selby the one who hasn't?

Postby SnookerFan

Morinas77 wrote:Perry and Gould are the two players who only need a semifinal to pass Ryan Day in the seedings. Both are in the same quarter as Trump and McGill. Gilbert, King and Walden would need to reach the final, while Holt, Williams, McManus and Maguire need to win the title.

Would love to see the big run for Maguire or Gilbert, but clearly Trump losing to Perry/Gould is the biggest danger for Day.

Can't see Maguire having a big run. Unless Ronnie takes him out with him one day.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

No, no; Higgins hasn't. He's just happened to clean up at the bookies.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

No, no; Higgins hasn't. He's just happened to clean up at the bookies.

He does look a bit smug in that photo, I must say.

But whilst we're discussing it, I'm not sure I want to know what Murphy looks so happy about.

Postby LC

They must be expecting Ronnie to ring in sick again, so didn't put him on poster!