Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Fu's lack of cue power is being completely exposed in this match.

He struggles so much to make what are bread and butter positional shots to other players.

That's why if he can't make breaks in and around pink and black, he struggles a bit.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:Fu is GONE

Good to have you back, GJ. :hatoff:

Thank you ;-)

Postby GJ

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yes, nice to see one of the old reliables again.

:D

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Thank you ;-)

you are warming up for the Worlds I see... <cool> I reckon Robbo will have a great campaign this year, but his record at The Crucible is shocking after he won in 2010... only one Semi-Final in 2014 is very very poor.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Fu's lack of cue power is being completely exposed in this match.

He struggles so much to make what are bread and butter positional shots to other players.

That's why if he can't make breaks in and around pink and black, he struggles a bit.

Hendry said the table's playing slower than usual. Fu would struggle on that sort of table.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Thank you ;-)

you are warming up for the Worlds I see... <cool> I reckon Robbo will have a great campaign this year, but his record at The Crucible is shocking after he won in 2010... only one Semi-Final in 2014 is very very poor.

He played great in 2014 but since then its been bad at Sheffield , I hope this time he can go deep.

Postby Andre147

To be fair to Robbo only Beast Mode Barry stopped him in 2015 from reaching the Semis, same manner to how Ronnie lost last year to him.

But like I said, only one Semi since 2010 is not good for a player like him.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:To be fair to Robbo only Beast Mode Barry stopped him in 2015 from reaching the Semis, same manner to how Ronnie lost last year to him.

Last season he played all his good snooker early in the season , won COC and UK and I think the welsh final loss to Ronnie hurt him big time.

This time he has a lot left in the tank so good prep and hopefully he will be ready.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:To be fair to Robbo only Beast Mode Barry stopped him in 2015 from reaching the Semis, same manner to how Ronnie lost last year to him.

Last season he played all his good snooker early in the season , won COC and UK and I think the welsh final loss to Ronnie hurt him big time.

This time he has a lot left in the tank so good prep and hopefully he will be ready.

Were you surprised as me that he skipped China Open? You think it benefits him this time?

Maybe Ronnie should have done the same.

Postby Cloud Strife

It wasn't the same.

Robertson played at his absolute best and still couldn't beat Hawkins. Whereas Ronnie played below his capabilities and still only just lost to a peak Hawkins.

Postby eraserhead

GJ wrote:

Those clearances against Selby in the UK where very impressive though, Selby broke down on 50+ quite a few times and Robbo just cleared them,

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:

It wasn't the same.

Robertson played at his absolute best and still couldn't beat Hawkins. Whereas Ronnie played below his capabilities and still only just lost to a peak Hawkins.

From what I recall Robbo had a long straight red in the decider and if he got it the reds were spread far and wide that match was as close as it gets.

Postby TheRocket

Hawkins is quite a strange player. He can be the best but also the worst opponent for the obvious and well known reasons. Robbo had to feel the worst part while Murphy had a practice session against the amateurish Hawkins (2015 WC). I'm sure, Robbo was sick after watching it.

Postby GJ

eraserhead wrote:
GJ wrote:

Those clearances against Selby in the UK where very impressive though, Selby broke down on 50+ quite a few times and Robbo just cleared them,

Aye my point is he never found that level post Christmas last season , where as this season I feel he has his best form still to come.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

It wasn't the same.

Yes you're right. Robbo couldnt play better and still lost.

Ronnie's safety play was rubbish for the most part last year, caught the baulk colours and bump of the middle pockets far too often.

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It wasn't the same.

From what I recall Robbo had a long straight red in the decider and if he got it the reds were spread far and wide that match was as close as it gets.

Yeah, I remember you wrote a gushing tribute to Hawkins afterwards. rofl

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:

Were you surprised as me that he skipped China Open? You think it benefits him this time?

Maybe Ronnie should have done the same.

He really dislikes China so no surprise tbh , whether it helps or hinders will be shown at Sheffield.