Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!!!

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Judd favourite for the world's on paper now?

For me he's the favourite. Ronnie second favourite.

Easy for Selbo.

I think that could be the slogan of this year's championship. rofl

Hahaha it very much became Coland's catchphrase anyway. What a delightful fellow.

Postby eraserhead

World's is completely different to anything else so it's not worth speculating but at least Trump has a recent title going in to it.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I can see Trump losing to a journeyman in the first round. He's still lacking of the ruthlessness and killer instinct a world champion needs to have.

Probably not to a journeyman, but I agree he still lacks the killer instinct, that's why I have no doubts, and given the format, that Selby should be considered favourite for the Worlds.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I can see Trump losing to a journeyman in the first round. He's still lacking of the ruthlessness and killer instinct a world champion needs to have.

Probably not to a journeyman, but I agree he still lacks the killer instinct, that's why I have no doubts, and given the format, that Selby should be considered favourite for the Worlds.

Selby won't win it this year. I'm very confident of that.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I hope to buck you're right, I can't deal with another year of flat cap beardy runts telling everyone what 'real' snooker is.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I was 100% sure he wouldn't win in 2015, call it Curse or not...

But this year... I think Selby has the best chance of anyone atm.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I hope to buck you're right, I can't deal with another year of flat cap beardy runts telling everyone what 'real' snooker is.

If Selby wins it this year they'll be proclaiming him better than Higgins and level with Ronnie in the all-time list. I don't think I could handle that, tbqh.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

If Selby wins it this year they'll be proclaiming him better than Higgins and level with Ronnie in the all-time list. I don't think I could handle that, tbqh.

I certainly couldn't. No point telling them current snooker is not a patch on what it was 15 years ago (and all those guys have still won far more than Selby).

Postby Andre147

It's also interesting to note that this is only Trump's 2nd ranking event title on British soil. His other 5 rankers all came in China (3), in Australia and Romania this season.

Fair to say he copes better in events abroad than he does in the UK.

Postby TheSaviour

So Judd ruled in Llandudno night.

Marco has similar issues to solve than what Stuart Bingham has. Obviously they both at their very best are the best there are. But that´s only if. It is a much to do not allowing the cue ball arching on all over the shop. If they both can avoid trying those too difficult cannons they both naturally seems to be fancing then they both will keep up winning the tournaments more regurlarly. It is similar to Rafa Nadal´s case. If he plays too defensive which seems to be his natural game he won´t be winning big tournaments anymore. It is just not good enough just playing that heavy top spin if he otherwise plays defensively.

There are no miracles coming from any other players. They already has had their fair share of an "expert coaching".. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: They just fancy to play their solid basic game.

Postby SnookerFan

Selby is one of the best players in the world, and us very much a contender for the worlds. I don't think anybody is denying that.

But who are these snooker hipsters saying that he has achieved more than Ronnie? Just people on Twitter? Probably nobody worth listening to.

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:I had a cracking mid-afternoon shag, now I'm all set for the snooker.

You can't beat a pipe on a Sunday afternoon :bong:

Postby The Herminator

eraserhead wrote:Would never bet on Judd for a 147 even with a clear cut channce

Yes it's strange for one of the best break builders in the game and most prolific century makers that his 147 hit rate is so low. Must be something in the style of play or mentality. Selby I can understand as he'd probably make 140 and then try and lay a snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

The Herminator wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Would never bet on Judd for a 147 even with a clear cut channce

Yes it's strange for one of the best break builders in the game and most prolific century makers that his 147 hit rate is so low. Must be something in the style of play or mentality. Selby I can understand as he'd probably make 140 and then try and lay a snooker.

rofl

Postby Sickpotter

Congrats Judd, nice to see him convert a final appearance to a win.

Both players missed quite a bit towards the end but Marco really handed it to Judd with some very poor shots.

Judd is IMO still too inconsistent and one dimensional in his game to be the primary threat at the WC.

A contender yes but not favorite, I think his style of play lets him down against the more cagey players.

Postby Lou147

Judd now 2nd in the rankings and, prvided he gets a deep run at the Crucible you can bet he'll go into next season with the intention of knocking Selby off his perch