Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

I hope for Ronnie that he'll avoid Trump in the World Championship. Sick of his recent performances against him. Trump has become like a new Higgins.

And in the worst case Ronnie could play him in the last 16 already.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Story of the season far too many errors still think he can pull it all together at the worlds though.

Cant put 2 or 3 great performances together in an event :td: last time he did it was the Welsh in 2016 when he won.

China is a no hoper, so the Worlds is all that's left. He should consider pull out of China, we all know he wont win that one.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pity. That clearance in the last frame wasn't the most difficult and one which I expected to Ronnie to make.

Oh well, I'm not too dissappointed as he was poor for large parts and Judd was the deserving winner.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd was very impressive tonight. All aspects of his game were superior to Ronnie and his temperament was much better than it has been in the past. Also showed Ronnie up in post-match interview by behaving like an intelligent grown-up.

Fair point regarding the interview.

Postby Iranu

I think Alan and Stephen have hit the nail on the head - Ronnie doesn't seem to believe he can beat the top players right now. Higgins, Trump, Selby... he's come unstuck against all of them.

The Masters showed he can still win tournaments, big ones. But he needs a kind draw right now to do it.

You would hope that winning a record Masters would improve his confidence but it doesn't seem to be the case.

But we know with Ronnie that it can all change on one result.

Maybe he'lk draw Higginson in the first round of the worlds and win 10-9 after a dramatic comeback!

Postby The Herminator

Yes it does seem to be a mental thing at the moment, that's the only explanation for the big swings in form in such short periods. He's still got the game when he's on but I'm not sure what he can do about it. Maybe he needs to cut down on the media stuff?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:I think Alan and Stephen have hit the nail on the head - Ronnie doesn't seem to believe he can beat the top players right now. Higgins, Trump, Selby... he's come unstuck against all of them.

The Masters showed he can still win tournaments, big ones. But he needs a kind draw right now to do it.

You would hope that winning a record Masters would improve his confidence but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe he'lk draw Higginson in the first round of the worlds and win 10-9 after a dramatic comeback!

I see what you did there :chuckle: :spot on: :hatoff:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

A little disheartened by Ronnie's ongoing post-match interview 'antics'. The joke has worn off and it is becoming a bit embarrassing and sad. It also shows a complete disrespect for his opponent, the game, the interviewer and the audience. Why doesn't he just show a bit more humility? I respect him immensely for his talent and application but it just leaves me a bit flat when he can't respect the fans a bit more.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:A little disheartened by Ronnie's ongoing post-match interview 'antics'. The joke has worn off and it is becoming a bit embarrassing and sad. It also shows a complete disrespect for his opponent, the game, the interviewer and the audience. Why doesn't he just show a bit more humility? I respect him immensely for his talent and application but it just leaves me a bit flat when he can't respect the fans a bit more.

As I said earlier, it makes life more difficult for people like Foulds and Douglas - who are only doing their best and haven't done anything wrong - than it does for the people he's trying to annoy (namely Hurn). In fact, Hurn will only love to see Ronnie getting publicity, even if it is negative.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:A little disheartened by Ronnie's ongoing post-match interview 'antics'. The joke has worn off and it is becoming a bit embarrassing and sad. It also shows a complete disrespect for his opponent, the game, the interviewer and the audience. Why doesn't he just show a bit more humility? I respect him immensely for his talent and application but it just leaves me a bit flat when he can't respect the fans a bit more.

fully agree. Just seen his post match interview. Very childish and disrespectful. I thought. it was funny in the beginning. But it's getting annoying. And you really have to ask yourself whether he's in the right shape mentally.

But I'm saying it since December. This years World Championship will be really crucial. And might be a hint what we can expect from him in the future. On and off the table. He has something to prove and he knows it. But on the other side he might not even give a damn and keep acting like a child.

We'll see.

Postby PLtheRef

Iranu wrote:I think Alan and Stephen have hit the nail on the head - Ronnie doesn't seem to believe he can beat the top players right now. Higgins, Trump, Selby... he's come unstuck against all of them.

The problem with O'Sullivan this week is that he clearly didn't have his mind on the job in hand - the interview he gave on Monday night demonstrated that clearly.

If he keep on task for two days in Wales, would you expect him to remain on task for a fortnight at Sheffield next month?