Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:Excellent Pink Ball point: "Through his bizarre interviews, Sullivan is causing more trouble for genuine people like Neal Foulds and Jill Douglas than he is for the people he's trying to protest against. In fact, he's probably helping the like of Hurn, who loves any kind of publicity, be it good or bad."

:bowdown: :bowdown: Pink Ball :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Jutt is having a grand season.

4 ranking Finals, only won 1, and lost another 3 is a poor strike rate. So his season has been far from Grand.

Selby has won the 2 most important rankers bar Worlds, so his has been the top.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:No posts here since I started this thread rofl

Is this Forum really dying?

We need someone like Hearn to bring it back from the dead.

In all seriousness, I think you're all getting a little panicky for no good reason. The forum has always had quiet patches, I remember started a thread two years ago thinking it was dying. But it hasn't, and it goes through some hectic spells too.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Looks like the sitter of a black in frame 2 is proving to be the turning point so far.

Ronnie doing it against the likes of Trump wont win him any matches.

It's been one way traffic since that miss.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Jutt is having a grand season.

4 ranking Finals, only won 1, and lost another 3 is a poor strike rate. So his season has been far from Grand.

Selby has won the 2 most important rankers bar Worlds, so his has been the top.

Four ranking finals is excellent though, even if you lost all of them.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Pink Ball wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Excellent Pink Ball point: "Through his bizarre interviews, Sullivan is causing more trouble for genuine people like Neal Foulds and Jill Douglas than he is for the people he's trying to protest against. In fact, he's probably helping the like of Hurn, who loves any kind of publicity, be it good or bad."

It's true though. Monday night's post match was complete and utter cringe, or what I saw of it at least; I turned over mid-way through. Jill was only asking him about the match and how he felt, she was hardly asking controversial questions.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

TheRocket wrote:If Trump wins this would truly feel like a changing of the guard. Ronnies era is coming to an end.

You go a little fast I think. Trump did not win much compared to his talent. And here it is a match at the best of 9 frames in a tournament of no great importance.

But the end of the ronnie era has passed for quite a while. After its defeat to the worlds 2014 he did not really dominate.

But I remain convinced that he can and will win the worlds this year.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:If Trump wins this would truly feel like a changing of the guard. Ronnies era is coming to an end.

Ridiculous post from someone like you TR :td: pmsl

Changing of the guard would be a Worlds match or a really TC event big match. This tournament? lol <laugh>

It's a nice tournament, but no way should it dictate a change of the guard thus yet.

Postby Andre147

I remember so well David Hendon calling a true change of the guard when Ronnie lost to Judd at the 2012 Masters. pmsl not only him, but a whole bunch of other clueless people.

Postby TheRocket

I've been watching ROS play since 2003 and I've never felt so pessimistic like I'm doing now. In the pre Peters Era you knew his head wasnt right and thats why he kept losing matches he shouldnt have lost.

But this time its different. Hes trying hard, his head is right, I bet hes even practicing really hard but it doesnt work. he keeps making mistakes he wouldnt make in his prime when his head was right. At least not consistently. lets be honest.

he looks like a shadow of his former self. Does this mean that he cant win tournaments? of course not. he still can. he might even win the WC with a good draw

but hes not the player he once was.