Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Goldenballs147 wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:It's not even funny anymore - he's being incredibly disrespectful.
The way his 'head' is at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised to hear a 'retirement' announcement after Sheffield - win or lose!

And maybe we'd all be better off. I'm as big a Ronnie fan as anyone but his behaviour is borderline outrageous.

It's one thing to have an issue with World Snooker but it's a disgrace to take it out on interviewers that are just doing their job. He's making a mockery of himself and the person interviewing him.

It's really about time he got over it, and if he can't and is dead set on continuing down this path then he'd be better off putting his cue away for good as it's clearly affecting him psychologically.

:hatoff:

Postby The Herminator

Cloud Strife wrote:
The Herminator wrote:Selby must be the only player who when needing a snooker is the favourite

Yeah coz he has a tremendous win rate of about 5% when chasing snookers. :roll:

Well it was a flippant comment but is there anyone better and 5% isn't that bad is it? Not to mention the fatiguing effect it has on his opponents by dragging out frames that they should have killed. By the way I' m not a Selby fan.

Postby Andre147

Regarding the Ronnie recent interviews..

I must say I was probably the first one here to post the Foulds interview computer response like, and at the time I found it funny more than anything else.

But now, with his behaviour at people just trying to do their job and not even asking so called controversial questions, I agree with what most have said here already: his behavious is getting ridiculous, childish, and it's not helping him focus on the main job of trying to win a match, nevermind a tournament.

If he keeps getting like this until the Worlds, we might see 2015 World Champs all over again for him.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Regarding the Ronnie recent interviews..

I must say I was probably the first one here to post the Foulds interview computer response like, and at the time I found it funny more than anything else.

But now, with his behaviour at people just trying to do their job and not even asking so called controversial questions, I agree with what most have said here already: his behavious is getting ridiculous, childish, and it's not helping him focus on the main job of trying to win a match, nevermind a tournament.

If he keeps getting like this until the Worlds, we might see 2015 World Champs all over again for him.

I found the singing of that Oasis song cringeworthy. Could he not have sung something from Motörhead or Arctic Monkeys instead?

Postby Andre147

Selby breaks any players rythtm by desperatly trying to lay snookers.

He did a very good job in the last frame, but Fu showed his nerve and also did very well to escape them 100%.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Selby breaks any players rythtm by desperatly trying to lay snookers.

He did a very good job in the last frame, but Fu showed his nerve and also did very well to escape them 100%.

Remember that time he managed to get 4 snookers and win the frame against Hendry at the Crucible? rofl