Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby breaks any players rythtm by desperatly trying to lay snookers.

He did a very good job in the last frame, but Fu showed his nerve and also did very well to escape them 100%.

Remember that time he managed to get 4 snookers and win the frame against Hendry at the Crucible? rofl

Course I do, I use that example a lot.

He even got 5 if I remember correctly.

Postby Andre147

Now for the typical Selby comeback... but Fu recently has showed he can cope well under pressure. Maybe not in that frame against Ron in the UK Semi when he bottled the green but anyway.

Postby Andre147

The Herminator wrote:Can Fu win the worlds? He's got the game but has he got the killer instinct, maybe even that bit of arrogance you need?

Honest answer: No he can't.

Can he win a UK or Masters: Definately.

Hawkins on the other hand is a diferent animal, especially at the Crucible, so he's the one I can definately see winning.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
The Herminator wrote:Can Fu win the worlds? He's got the game but has he got the killer instinct, maybe even that bit of arrogance you need?

Hawkins on the other hand is a diferent animal, especially at the Crucible, so he's the one I can definately see winning.

Hawkins can as long as he doesn't shoot his load prematurely at any point during the tournament.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Hawkins can as long as he doesn't shoot his load prematurely at any point during the tournament.

Seems an unlikely scenario but if that happens hopefully he will come into his own

Postby The Herminator

Pink Ball wrote:

Absolutely he can win it.

Just looking at the stats though only 17 different winners in the last 36 years. Think of all the professionals in that time who've failed to win it. It does throw up surprises now and again because the long format rewards a run of form whoever the player. But the simple fact is most players however good are unlikely to win it.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I don't think either player has really played that well tonight, but the battle on the colours really seems to have knocked Mark.

It's been an interesting match so far.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Fu through then.

A ding v Fu semi would be very nice. Hamilton winning wouldn't be.

A match of cue ball control to the highest degree. :spot on:

Fu :hatoff:

Yes both are masters at close cue ball control especially around pink and black.