Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship last 16!!!

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:O'Sullivan was in MUCH better form than Trump in the opening round.

Didn't catch the end, but from what I saw Trump was in pretty wicked form. He went 3-0 up in about 45 minutes.

Didn't he win one frame in about 6 minutes with a century?

Postby sas6789

SnookerFan wrote:I like how disgusted Stephen Hendry is every time people mention Ronnie and Liang's friendship. He just can't believe that you would be friends with another player on tour.

Hendry was good friends with Mark Williams when they were on tour.

Postby Andre147

sas6789 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Trump v Ronnie tomorrow should be a great game, hopefully Ron will go one better this time as opposed to their last meeting.

Hope so, but Trump is favourite, IMO.

O'Sullivan was in MUCH better form than Trump in the opening round.

True, but Ron needs to back that up, and we've seen quite a few times this season that he hasn't been able to do just that, namely against the likes of Trump.

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I like how disgusted Stephen Hendry is every time people mention Ronnie and Liang's friendship. He just can't believe that you would be friends with another player on tour.

Hendry was good friends with Mark Williams when they were on tour.

He still seems outraged by it.

Postby SnookerEd25

The tournament really hasn't taken off yet; apart from Selby & Day going to a decider, we've had 3 5-1's, a 5-0 & a 5-2. Bit of a damp squib so far. Both the last couple of evenings i've got back eager to watch, but then the matches have been over before they've begun. Hopefully Ronniie & Judd will redress the balance this evening...

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Why is it so dead in here? Is this tournament so bad it doesn't even warrant some sort of commentary?

It's been fairly slow for every tournament since The Masters. Though, this week it's been slower than normal.

I've not seen much so far. And won't possibly until the weekend, in which I'll endeavor to do more live posting.

I have a feeling this forum is on it's way out, if I'm honest. I love it here, but not many people post any more.

Postby Dan-cat

I do worry that one day I'll type in snookerisland.com and it won't be there, Roland will have just turned it off. Which would be a shame, there's a great archive of info available and a solid user base, even if there aren't a lot of regular posters, it's like a lovely group of friends on here each with distinct personalities.

We need a back up plan in case his happens

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I do worry that one day I'll type in snookerisland.com and it won't be there, Roland will have just turned it off. Which would be a shame, there's a great archive of info available and a solid user base, even if there aren't a lot of regular posters, it's like a lovely group of friends on here each with distinct personalities.

Snooker Dookery? rofl

Postby Andy Spark

Dan-cat wrote:I do worry that one day I'll type in snookerisland.com and it won't be there, Roland will have just turned it off. Which would be a shame, there's a great archive of info available and a solid user base, even if there aren't a lot of regular posters, it's like a lovely group of friends on here each with distinct personalities.

I still am a bit disappointed that the iconoclastic forum rocketronnie.net is not here anymore, although over in this neck of the internet it was hated by quite a few.

Postby Pink Ball

The day I signed up was the final nail in the coffin.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:

The day I signed up was the final nail in the coffin.

I know you're joking, but in all seriousness you signing up was like a breath of fresh air.

Postby Cheshire Cat

John not playing that well, but Ding is having a terrible match.

Don't usually agree with Judd, but he's right to say that he is the favourite tonight. Countless times this season O'Sullivan has played brilliantly for just one match, and then terribly the very next. Until he starts putting together a few decent performances back-to-back, maybe then he can be considered favourite.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:John not playing that well, but Ding is having a terrible match.

Don't usually agree with Judd, but he's right to say that he is the favourite tonight. Countless times this season O'Sullivan has played brilliantly for just one match, and then terribly the very next. Until he starts putting together a few decent performances back-to-back, maybe then he can be considered favourite.

So true that :hatoff:

The UK was by far is most consistent performance even though he still lost the Final.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

Snooker Dookery? rofl

Well you laugh, but as I was taught at a young age in school - a church is not the building, it's the people who go there.

Postby Andy Spark

Cheshire Cat wrote:John not playing that well, but Ding is having a terrible match.

Don't usually agree with Judd, but he's right to say that he is the favourite tonight.

I'm not sure he is right to say he's the favourite. I checked the bookies and it's very close but they give the slight edge to Ronnie. I'd go along with them on that, as this is just the type of tournament location and format that Ronnie tends to do well at. If this tournament was in China I'd say Judd was favourite but only 16 players and in the U.K. is in Ronnie's comfort zone.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Snooker Dookery? rofl

Well you laugh, but as I was taught at a young age in school - a church is not the building, it's the people who go there.

Got to agree with you, to be fair. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏ @WorldSnooker1
LEVEL | @TheCaptain147 makes his second ton of the match, but @Magician147 responds again with 76 to go 3-3 | @ITV4 #ladbrokessnooker