Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship last 16!!!

Postby Andy Spark

SteveJJ wrote:Is this the least number of posts during a Ronnie match ever on this forum?

Well, Ronnie's form has been a bit off lately. A little of his halo has disappeared. However, this match was vintage Ronnie; a few more matches like this and he'll get his halo back again.

Postby SteveJJ

PoolBoy wrote:Watching the Bingham v Hamilton game - the referee is carrying some device around and is sometimes pointing it at the table...this is new?
I've never seen it before!

Is she working the scoreboard like they do on the smaller tables at events?

Postby eraserhead

PoolBoy wrote:Watching the Bingham v Hamilton game - the referee is carrying some device around and is sometimes pointing it at the table...this is new?

controls the scoreboard that the players see, the main tv table will have a scorer but because this is a secondary table the referee will score their own match.

I've been to quite a few qualifiers and this is how the scoreboard gets updated in the arena.

Postby PoolBoy

eraserhead wrote:

controls the scoreboard that the players see, the main tv table will have a scorer but because this is a secondary table the referee will score their own match.

I've been to quite a few qualifiers and this is how the scoreboard gets updated in the arena.

Cheers, eraser! :-)

Postby TheSaviour

Ronnie flies past firecracker.

That´s not so easily done, as Wenbo plays really sensible break-building. He is just first taking the loose reds, and then trying something. Playing like that quality-game causes a massive pressure to his opponents. He was certainly here for a reason. I suppose people just are what they are. That´s always a long process.

But confidence is everything. When playing a game or wanting to be a sportsperson. It can be and is different if fancing to do some science. Then the confidence is not vital. And confidence can only be gained if being honest to yourself, and trying to learn from you own mistakes. But getting out of the jail-effect (or a feeling) beats even that confident-game! If being a very lucky, with every possible way, and then getting out of the jail. Nothing beats that.

Luckily no-one has put any guilt towards Wenbo or Stuart after they bowed out. It hardly is their own mistake. If just don´t remember anymore how to fly. But still a very likely to play sensibly. So you figure if it is a good or not. And when 20 years or so goes by no-one really cares at all what happened here last night.

Ronnie´s break-building and long potting really was a top quality. A very stylish. Only he can bounce back like this, after a long pause. It is probably only good to me that I don´t always tell all the theories I do posses.. Because things like this just do happens. It is better to me to have a clean sheets.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 08 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LC

The lack of comments on this event is a result of snooker overkill I believe, people are apathetic towards snooker at the minute because it's on non stop!

Postby Andy Spark

So Phil Yates thinks that Selby's strike rate in deciding frames is "extraordinary". Why doesn't he actually cheek the facts! It isn't extraordinary at all! Merely "quite good". In fact it's good that we now have the facts to check up on and confirm the total crap that we've been fed over the years by these idiots.

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:So Phil Yates thinks that Selby's strike rate in deciding frames is "extraordinary". Why doesn't he actually cheek the facts! It isn't extraordinary at all! Merely "quite good". In fact it's good that we now have the facts to check up on and confirm the total crap that we've been fed over the years by these idiots.

To be fair, the commentators are there to sell the product as much as they are to report. They are going to be prone a bit to exaggeration.

Besides, do you really expect him to say; "I find Selby's strike to be extraordinary, but there might be some people on snooker forums who only find it to be quite good, once they've checked the statistics...."?

Even for Phil Yates, that's long winded.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:So Phil Yates thinks that Selby's strike rate in deciding frames is "extraordinary". Why doesn't he actually cheek the facts! It isn't extraordinary at all! Merely "quite good". In fact it's good that we now have the facts to check up on and confirm the total crap that we've been fed over the years by these idiots.
Yeah, maybe I was a bit hard on Phil there. His stats are normally very good ( far better than most commentators) and Selby's deciding frame stats are still good

To be fair, the commentators are there to sell the product as much as they are to report. They are going to be prone a bit to exaggeration.

Besides, do you really expect him to say; "I find Selby's strike to be extraordinary, but there might be some people on snooker forums who only find it to be quite good, once they've checked the statistics...."?

Postby Andy Spark

Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Yeah, maybe I was a bit hard on Phil there. His stats are normally very good ( far better than most commentators) and Selby's deciding frame stats are still good

yeah I was a bit hard on Phil there, his stats are normally very good, much better than most

Postby Wildey

the same people who says Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest, the same idiots who says the standards today is way above anything before.

you can manipulate any stat to justify your own agenda.

in short stats mean jack rubbish.

Postby Andre147

Having watched Ronnie's match can also say this is one of his top 3 best performances this season, up there with his Fu win at the Masters and the 2nd session v Selby at the UK.

The tournament format, with not too many matches, similar to his own Masters, will suit him, and I feel he may hav a point to prove here after disappointing performances since the Masters.

A win here would be super sweet ahead of the Worlds.

Keep it going Ron :hatoff: