Post a reply

Players Champs format

Postby Andre147

The format for the event has been released.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-content/ ... mat_v3.pdf

Ronnie and Bingham will start on the opening night on Monday, with no play on the afternoon, and 1 of the Semis being played on Friday night and the other Saturday afternoon, like the WGP.

There's also massive money up for grabs for this one, £125,000 top prize, only the UK and the Worlds offer more.

With this being a short tournament matches wise, it suits Ronnie down to the ground, would love if he won this one before the Worlds, would be just perfect.

Re: Players Champs format

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:The format for the event has been released.

Ronnie and Bingham will start on the opening night on Monday, with no play on the afternoon, and 1 of the Semis being played on Friday night and the other Saturday afternoon, like the WGP.

There's also massive money up for grabs for this one, £125,000 top prize, only the UK and the Worlds offer more.

With this being a short tournament matches wise, it suits Ronnie down to the ground, would love if he won this one before the Worlds, would be just perfect.

<doh> <doh>

That's the one thing ITV do badly, in my opinion.

Surely Saturday afternoon is a peak time in terms of viewership? They'll get more viewers there than weekday afternoons. And yet they decide to make way for horse racing, when they could easily move one of those things to ITV3 for one afternoon.

I mean, I like Columbo as much as the next man. But would it kill ITV to skip repeats of 1970s crime shows for one afternoon?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

This weekend the UK Open darts is on and with no Six Nations it has ITV4 on Saturday afternoon. The week after ITV are only showing Ireland-England at 5 o'clock and so that afternoon could have been free as well.

Postby PLtheRef

I'll try and catch a bit in the evening session. ITV 4 do a lot of the racing coverage now which is why there's no snooker afternoon sessions

Postby masterdoctorgenius

His draw is tough, first wenbo and then maybe trump in the next. and having lost two of the last 3 matches while having big leads (and even clear cut chances (and easy) chances to finish the match) he has to overturn some mental scares. Let alone turn around his form.

I will remain optimistic and will support him no matter what.

Postby SnookerFan

First round Draw:

Mark Selby (1) v Ryan Day (16) – Tuesday 1pm

Marco Fu (8) v Anthony McGill (9) – Tuesday 1pm

Ding Junhui (5) v John Higgins (12) – Wednesday 1pm

Stuart Bingham (4) v Anthony Hamilton (13) – Monday 7pm

Barry Hawkins (3) v Neil Robertson (14) – Tuesday 7pm

Ali Carter (6) v Shaun Murphy (11) – Wednesday 1pm

Ronnie O’Sullivan (7) v Liang Wenbo (10) – Monday 7pm

Judd Trump (2) v Mark King (15) – Tuesday 7pm

Postby SnookerEd25

Coland wrote:Selbo's my overwhelming favourite for this tournament. Can anyone stop him?

I have to ask; are you shagging him? :shrug:

Postby GJ

Disappointing that hawk v robbo won't be televised

Postby GJ

Pink Ball wrote:
GJ wrote:Disappointing that hawk v robbo won't be televised

Good to see you GJ! I missed your banter.

Cheers pal

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Cheers pal

:welcome:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Cheers pal

:welcome:

:wave:

Postby PLtheRef

Seems odd to have only one round of two tables. Does give it a bit more status that it drops to one table for the quarters - few events do

Postby Alex0paul

Over 7.5 frames is 4/5. Printing money

Postby PoolBoy

Alex0paul wrote:

:chuckle:

Postby Alex0paul

PoolBoy wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

:chuckle:

Relieved I forgot to back it :innocent:

Postby MelissaGilbert

Thanks for great news :)