Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby LC

I know what ppl are saying about the standard, but in a way this more enjoyable than 100 after 100

Postby Wildey

LC wrote:I know what ppl are saying about the standard, but in a way this more enjoyable than 100 after 100

too right :clap:

Postby eraserhead

I would call this a compelling and interesting match.

If both players where playing great or one player was absolutely steam rolling the other through playing to a high standard it would be a great match.

Postby Alex0paul

Bingham to join Perry, Hawkins, Carter, Higgins in throwing away big leads in finals this season

Postby LC

Wildey wrote:
LC wrote:I know what ppl are saying about the standard, but in a way this more enjoyable than 100 after 100

too right :clap:

Both players involved, back and forth, one player thinks he has it, then he hasn't! I've only been watching from 6-5 and it's been great

Postby Andre147

Fair to say Bingo not leading 6-2 has made a massive diference.

He can still win, but that last frame of the 1st session was pivotal for his chances.

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:I would call this a compelling and interesting match.

If both players where playing great or one player was absolutely steam rolling the other through playing to a high standard it would be a great match.

one player steamrolling the other guy would be boring match for me

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

I like a good mixture. This has just been scrappy frame after scrappy frame this evening. The quality of the break-building on show has been abject.

Postby hendry_fan

Fabulous green from Judd. :clap:

A player i used to play against at my old club,had a habit of givin me very thin cuts to the middle bag,just like like that green that Judd just potted.

It was extremely annoying,i remember clearly thinking,oh ffs,you,re a lucky ba**et,often when you miss,or play a sloppy saftey and it runs towards just over the middle bag,it always,or certainly more often than not,seems to run on just that bit too far to leave me an easy,cutable pot. >-( :-D

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:

Different tastes, but if a player is playing ridiculously well you have to appreciate it.

I was at the grand prix final and rooting for Ryan Day but Barry Hawkins was playing excellent snooker in that first session and it looked like it could be 10-3, eventually turned into an interesting match.

Cougher needs to go.

Postby Alex0paul

Neil Robertson enjoying the snooker in the crowd tonight

Postby Cheshire Cat

It's been more a case of who plays the least worst. Fascinating stuff.

Trump would be out of this match if it wasn't for his ridiculously impressive long game, it's been his saving grace.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Different tastes, but if a player is playing ridiculously well you have to appreciate it.

I was at the grand prix final and rooting for Ryan Day but Barry Hawkins was playing excellent snooker in that first session and it looked like it could be 10-3, eventually turned into an interesting match.

Cougher needs to go.

Yes, a great performance can be as enjoyable as a great match, especially if you're a fan of the player.

Postby Wildey

lets not forget during snookers golden age these were 80% of the type of matches.

maybe all these centuries are the fault of snookers decline

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:Yes, a great performance can be as enjoyable as a great match, especially if you're a fan of the player.

Yeah I REALLY didn't want Barry to win but that first session was so impressive.

Important red for Judd?

Postby Iranu

What's the justification for calling a miss in a situation like Bingham's here?

He played the shot off one cushion, the easiest attempt he could have made, he played at a decent pace so he wasn't making it more difficult by trying to roll onto it, he didn't use any side. What else could he have done?

As it happens it allowed him to fluke a snooker.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:What's the justification for calling a miss in a situation like Bingham's here?

He played the shot off one cushion, the easiest attempt he could have made, he played at a decent pace so he wasn't making it more difficult by trying to roll onto it, he didn't use any side. What else could he have done?

As it happens it allowed him to fluke a snooker.

that is the type of shot that braught the miss rule in.

by missing the yellow bingham left the yellow safe it was harder to keep it safe if he hit it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:lets not forget during snookers golden age these were 80% of the type of matches.

maybe all these centuries are the fault of snookers decline

No.

The problem is people keep harking back to the 80s and the so-called golden era of snooker. Look at how the media keeps banging on about the 1985 world final. Also until recently you always had Jimmy and Steve on the streams at the expense of up and coming young players.

I don't know if it's nostalgia or what it is, but it's about time we moved on. Just because something worked in the 80s doesn't mean it will work now.

BTW this is a great frame in progress ATM.

Postby hendry_fan

OMG!!!,

UNBELIIIIEVABLE!,i did,nt expect this match to go to a decider!!!!. :dizzy: :-)