Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:No such thing as a false lead. It's how a player captilises that counts.

This crap about false leads and whatnot is utter nonsense, spouted by only one person.

Postby SnookerFan

SNOOKER FAN WATCH!

Wanted to order to order an early dinner. Just waiting for the hotel to locate the menus, as they have lost them. <doh>

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:This is going the distance

If it does, hope Bingo wins it this time. He's already lost a Welsh Final by the odd frame.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:This is going the distance

If it does, hope Bingo wins it this time. He's already lost a Welsh Final by the odd frame.

I went to the semis that year, but not the final. True story.

Postby PoolBoy

kolompar wrote:Meanwhile in the pool world

Apart from that bizarre 'interview', there was another strange incident this afternoon.

Alex Pagulayan's cue went on fire!! <laugh>

It was his 'break cue' - the one the 9-ball players use to hammer the balls at the start of a frame - and they're not used after that.

It had been sitting idle for a while and was close to the player's table light - it must have become so hot that the wood eventually ignited - play was brought to an abrupt halt when a member of the audience shouted out that there was a flame rapidly developing on a player's cue!

Phil Yates was commentating and couldn't help the obvious 'on-fire Maguire' reference!
What an insane incident! <laugh>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Pool is pretty rubbish. This snooker final has still been more interesting. <ok>

I enjoy 9 ball.

And recently been playing a type of game that isn't played often anymore, been playing straight pool with my brother and let me tell you it's a lot of fun. <cool>

Postby hendry_fan

Did,nt think Bingo would be 5-3 in front,although a 5-3 lead aint that much.

I,m sure everyone would be rather 5-3 in front than rather be 5-3 behind though,maybe with the exception of a Mr Selby. :chin: :-D

I,m still stickin to my guns,i still think Trump will win.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Jason Francis‏ @Snookerlegends
The final of the world seniors will be at 7pm between Jamie bodle and Peter lines

Postby Gridlock

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Pool is pretty rubbish. This snooker final has still been more interesting. <ok>

I enjoy 9 ball.

And recently been playing a type of game that isn't played often anymore, been playing straight pool with my brother and let me tell you it's a lot of fun. <cool>

I really enjoy 8 ball to play it but to watch it or 9 ball is torture for me.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Jason Francis‏ @Snookerlegends
The final of the world seniors will be at 7pm between Jamie bodle and Peter lines

No surprise to see Peter Lines there, or indeed Jamie Bodle, but I didn't realise that the English Amateur Champion (Bodle) was 40+ years of age!! :shrug:

Not sure if the winner plays Willie Thorne at the top-of-the-draw in the actual World Seniors Championship event, or if the 4 qualifiers are in another draw to see who they play...

But, Lines or Bodle would easily beat Thorne, you would think!

Postby Wildey

Hint of desperation from Trump in this frame

Postby Andre147

Trump will need all his battling qualities to beat Bingo today, but if Bingham keeps turning into choke mode like in the 1st session post MSI and against Carrington, then Trump really should beat him.

But Bingo can also easily string more big breaks together and win the remaining 3 frames he requires.

Postby PoolBoy

Twitter saying that Peter Lines won the first Seniors qualifier - winning his last 6 frames with breaks of 69, 70, 71, 71, 95, 139!
Also reported he'll now be facing Willie Thorne, with the winner playing Hendry!