Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

It,s been a bit of an old skool aproach n play from Scott today and it,s payin off so far.

BIG break/high scorin wise it,s not been high by any means,but he,s been acumulatin points by doing it 80,s/old skool style,often when he,s been on a break,he then ran outta position and instead of goin for a difficult pot,he,d play a good safety which often led Zhou into makin a mistake in which Scott would get another chance(es),in which Scott,d then add a few more points,then play safe again,one could also say,he played a bit like Selby does when he,s not got his pottin boots on. :-)

He froze him out for long bouts throughout the match.

The young Scot has brought back the 80,s. :-D

Postby Cloud Strife

hendry_fan wrote:It,s been a bit of an old skool aproach n play from Scott today and it,s payin off so far.

BIG break/high scorin wise it,s not been high by any means,but he,s been acumulatin points by doing it 80,s/old skool style,often when he,s been on a break,he then ran outta position and instead of goin for a difficult pot,he,d play a good safety which often led Zhou into makin a mistake in which Scott would get another chance(es),in which Scott,d then add a few more points,then play safe again,one could also say,he played a bit like Selby does when he,s not got his pottin boots on. :-)

Yeah, he was very patient. Played the hit and run style of snooker to perfection. Well done to him.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Yuelong never seemed at the races.

Yeah,but that was thanks to Scott who froze him out for long bouts throughout the match,he did,nt give Zhou many easy(ish) pots at all + many of the difficult ones Zhou did go for which were a lot,he missed way more than he got.

It certainly was,nt a brilliant match,standard wise/Big break wise,but as i wrote bfore,Scott won it mainly by playing %tage snooker and tryin to freeze his opponent out as much as he could,he kept it tight and did,nt give Zhou many chances to get off the hook,the few easy chances Zhou did get,he blew em,he played more attackin snooker than safety,he went for almost anything,the odd difficult one,he did pot,but he did,nt capatalise on them.

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done Scott!,played a very measured game today,which paid off.

:clap: :happy: Scott Thumps the young Chinaman 5 frame to 0!. :happy: :clap:

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Does Donaldson play Hawkins or Trump?

Yeah, the winner meets Scott Donaldson. First to 6 in the semis.

I was just thinking - Scott Donaldson is the nearest professional snooker player to me...just edging-out Norwegian-based Kurt Maflin! <laugh> rofl

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:It,s been a bit of an old skool aproach n play from Scott today and it,s payin off so far.

Yeah, he was very patient. Played the hit and run style of snooker to perfection. Well done to him.

Cloud Strife. :clap: <ok>

If only some players,fans/followers would also show more patience and realise that snooker aint just bout pottin balls. ;-) :-D

Postby Iranu

Hendry Fan i have a random question - why is it that you use commas as apostrophes?

I've been wondering for years!

Have hardly had a chance to watch any of this tourny, i hope to catch the semis and final over the weekend.

Postby TheRocket

Souvent wrote:Hahaha, Ronnie is the worst at playing these example shots.
It's like he puts himself under pressure when nothing's at stake.

Ronnie's putting himself a lot under pressure these days. Even when he's leading 3:0 or 4:1 against a journeyman

Postby TheRocket

expected a higher standard in this match. But maybe they have that extra kind of pressure, knowing they'll be a playing a relatively weak opponent in the semifinals. So winning this means basicially reaching the final.

Postby Andre147

Souvent wrote:Hahaha, Ronnie is the worst at playing these example shots.
It's like he puts himself under pressure when nothing's at stake.

I'll tell you what... he cares more about getting a bullocks shot like that right than actually playing competitively these days.

pmsl

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Hawkins getting stronger and probably become the favourite now to win the match.

My prediction is that if he wins this match, he wins the title, no matter who he faces.

If Trump wins though, he'll reach the Final BUT I wouldn't be so certain if he would win the title, especially if he faces Bingham there.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Hawkins getting stronger and probably become the favourite now to win the match.

My prediction is that if he wins this match, he wins the title, no matter who he faces.

If Trump wins though, he'll reach the Final BUT I wouldn't be so certain if he would win the title, especially if he faces Bingham there.

And Trump, being the arrogant he is, will much likely think: ok I win this match, I win the title!

That was the very same mindset he had when Stuart beat Ronnie at the Worlds, he thought there would be no way he would lose, but he did. And he may face Bingo again in the Final if both were to reach it.

Postby Andre147

This is where Trump is most dangerous though, letting his arm go and play as if he doesn't care. Such a dangerous player, but relies too much on the long ones going in.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:oh rubbish. hawkins was so unlucky here. still expected him to pot that plant though.

The way he's playing I was too.

Decider then, hope he wins it. Seems to have a great decider record v the top players too.