Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 16 !!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

As a fan it was really galling the other year when he was skipping a lot of tournaments, but still turning up to the venue to do his punditry. It's a mindset I will never understand.

Postby TheRocket

I'm not looking for excuses Wild. And I don't know if it's just a bad spell atm or a possible decline. It might be decline. We'll see.

But at the same time I still believe it's rather negative for your career as a full time pro snookerplayer if you do this rubbish (punditry) too much.

You lose a match to a journeyman like Davis after leading 3:0 and a few hours later you're sitting in that studio alongside White and Murray, watching and commentating on other players matches for the rest of the week. What kind of a mindset is that? A very strange one for a sportsman.

However. In the end it's his life. He seems to enjoy his punditry work.

Postby Wildey

Point is though the main Focus of Ronnies Career/life is enjoying himself.

if he has Job satisfaction doing punditry thats his choice not his fans.

My personal opinion is Ronnie will be around a lot longer by doing other stuff just playing snooker would drive him nuts.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Mavis, the latest clown that cannot back up a win against Ronnie.

What do you call Ronnie then, if he's consistently losing to clowns?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Mavis, the latest clown that cannot back up a win against Ronnie.

What do you call Ronnie then, if he's consistently losing to clowns?

A clown as well, if he manages to lose against joruneyman from winning positions.

Postby snooker_loopy

Wildey wrote:

My personal opinion is Ronnie will be around a lot longer by doing other stuff just playing snooker would drive him nuts.

I agree. If you think about it... it's no surprise some players suffer depression. Having to play competitive sport most/all of the time - losing many matches - that can be soul destroying if you're a bit sensitive or you're inclined to moments of self-doubt. Graeme Dott and Michael White have mentioned their depression.

Ronnie quit the game for a whole year cos he had enough of it.