Post a reply

Jackson Page

Postby SnookerFan

Jackson Page is well on his way to becoming snooker's next big thing - at aged 15.
He's just knocked a man three times his age out of the Welsh Open after entering the tournament as a wild card.
He's been telling Newsbeat how he'd quit school if he could but that his family wouldn't let him.
And he says his secret is not revising for exams - "I'm always in the snooker hall".
About his defeated opponent, Jason Weston, age 46, he said: "I don't think he was very happy...
"Although he was laughing after the pink... he said 'good luck' so it was alright, really."
The teenager tells us it was a "completely weird and unusual atmosphere" because it was his first event on the pro tour.
"I was definitely nervous walking out, definitely nerve-wracking at that point."

Now he's got the taste of winning, he's dreaming of more.
"I hope I can go further in the Welsh Open and win a few more games," he adds.
So how does he get time off school to compete?
"My mum and dad went and spoke to the school and they said whatever time off I want I can have - as long as it's for snooker, obviously."
But leaving school completely is not on the cards, yet.
"I don't really my nan and bamp would let me to do that to be fair," Jackson explains.
"I think they'd make me finish school and do as many GCSEs as possible."

So how about getting ready for exams?
I don't really revise to be fair, I'm always in the snooker hall pretty much. I'm quite lucky that I'm not too bad at school really."
Jackson's idol is Ronnie O'Sullivan, so does he try to play like him?
"He's the person I always used to watch growing up.
"I'm definitely attacking and quick. I like to think I'm easy on the eye."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ay-snooker

Re: Jackson Page

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:He's definitely the oldest looking 15 year old I've ever seen.

How many have you seen?

Postby Cloud Strife

SteveJJ wrote:Whatever happened to Shane Castle?

With any luck, back at school.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Whatever happened to Shane Castle?

With any luck, back at school.

He was illiterate wasn't he? ANd he was seriously considering quitting school altogether... <doh>

Should go back to school and look for a job next. He won't get anythin from Snooker.

Postby sas6789

SnookerFan wrote:
sas6789 wrote:He's definitely the oldest looking 15 year old I've ever seen.

How many have you seen?

Enough.