Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 64 !!!!!

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Plus the Welsh is diferent to all the others, it has history behind it, and that does make a diference in the end.

I don't think that makes much of a difference to be honest. The Getman Masters is also more prestigious than the Home Nations (Welsh excluded) and it had a surprise winner. Similar with the Grand Prix and Ryan Day, albeit he didn't actually win the final.

I guess kind of the point of a surprise winner is that you can't predict which events they may win.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Plus the Welsh is diferent to all the others, it has history behind it, and that does make a diference in the end.

I don't think that makes much of a difference to be honest. The Getman Masters is also more prestigious than the Home Nations (Welsh excluded) and it had a surprise winner. Similar with the Grand Prix and Ryan Day, albeit he didn't actually win the final.

I guess kind of the point of a surprise winner is that you can't predict which events they may win.

Maybe but still I think one of the usual suspesct will win this one. Hawkins and Fu are top players obviously, but not in that list of winners you'd think first.

Postby Iranu

Oh, I agree. It feels like it will be won by a "big name" but I can't put my finger on why. I guess I always seem to remember top players winning it (no idea if that's actually true)

(Hawkins and Fu are obviously top players especially right now but they're not "big names" as such.)

Postby Andre147

Ronnie was saying in the studio that he loves this tournament and wants to do well in it. He clearly does, having won it 4 times.

I remember though it wasn't long ago that he called this venue like a "car boot sale" lol... he wasn't in the best frame of mind though, and duly lost to Stevens in the 3rd round.

Maybe he now also loves the venue being defending champion...

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie was saying in the studio that he loves this tournament and wants to do well in it. He clearly does, having won it 4 times.

I remember though it wasn't long ago that he called this venue like a "car boot sale" lol... he wasn't in the best frame of mind though, and duly lost to Stevens in the 3rd round.

Maybe he now also loves the venue being defending champion...

I still don't think he likes it. He says he wanted a creche to play in last year.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Robertson losing? :shock:

1-1 but hes about to go 2-1 in front.

I was trusting the live scores on the BBC website. <laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of Ronnie, he is playing Mavis tonight. That'll be the Eurosport game.

Has that been confirmed?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking of Ronnie, he is playing Mavis tonight. That'll be the Eurosport game.

Has that been confirmed?

Yes.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Has that been confirmed?

Yes.

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Has that been confirmed?

Like it needs confirming. rofl

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Has that been confirmed?

Like it needs confirming. rofl

I also thought his question was a weird one, but in theory with the Selby v Dunn match being played at the same time, they could have showed the World Champion instead.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
I also thought his question was a weird one, but in theory with the Selby v Dunn match being played at the same time, they could have showed the World Champion instead.

Cindy Crawford could be playing Pamela Anderson in a match where the loser has to take all her clothes off, and they'd still pick the Ronnie match for television. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Cindy Crawford could be playing Pamela Anderson in a match where the loser has to take all her clothes off, and they'd still pick the Ronnie match for television. <laugh>

In the old PTC's and even once in the German Masters, Ronnie was playing and he wasn't on the TV table, so wouldn't be the first time.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Here, changing the subject, when does Action Jackson play?

Oh. Never mind.

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1

UPDATE | 15-year-old Jackson Page draws level at 1-1 with John Astley

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Here, changing the subject, when does Action Jackson play?

1-1 v Astley atm.

Postby Andre147

Fu loses 4-0 to Muir rofl

Must have been the old "doesn't have a B game" Fu in that match. His great run of form seems to have come to an end.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
In the old PTC's and even once in the German Masters, Ronnie was playing and he wasn't on the TV table, so wouldn't be the first time.

It speaks volumes though, that you can actually call to mind the individual occasions that it's actually happened. Makes it sound like it was two times in the entire history of televised snooker they've chosen somebody over Ronnie. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Fu loses 4-0 to Muir rofl

Must have been the old "doesn't have a B game" Fu in that match. His great run of form seems to have come to an end.

Fu, though can beat anybody in the world on his day, never had the greatest of consistency.

A tournament winner one week, a jabroni the next.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It speaks volumes though, that you can actually call to mind the individual occasions that it's actually happened. Makes it sound like it was two times in the entire history of televised snooker they've chosen somebody over Ronnie. <laugh>

True :roll:

Postby Andre147

Walker has leveled at 3-3 his match v Robbo, winning the last 2 frames on the black :hatoff:

The way Robbo was playing early on it looked like 4-1 all over, now it's a decider.

Postby Andre147

Walker has won all his 3 frames on the black!

He's in first in the decider, 32 break already.