Post a reply

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 64 !!!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should consider withdraw from any tournament he has left until the Worlds, including China which he's qualified.

Put his eggs all in one basket and give it all for the Worlds. Seems to work better for him.

I agree.

It will render these events before the WC meaningless if he's not there, but at the end of the day Ronnie has to do what is best for him.

The problem with that: of he skips all the remaining events, he probably has to qualify for the worlds which could lead to an awful draw at the crucible.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Shut up Ronnie fans. Your man has won five world titles and everything else on multiple occasions, but ye still talk like a defeat to Dark Mavis is a snooker tragedy.

Pussies.

I was a Jimmy White fan. Now that was hard.

If you put things that way then I suppose it's true. :roll:

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:So, who is going to win this tournament then?

It could be anyone really. None of the seeds seem to be safe. That said, given that we've had a couple of shock winners in these events so far this season - is it really that much of a surprise.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should consider withdraw from any tournament he has left until the Worlds, including China which he's qualified.

Put his eggs all in one basket and give it all for the Worlds. Seems to work better for him.

I agree.

It will render these events before the WC meaningless if he's not there, but at the end of the day Ronnie has to do what is best for him.

The problem with that: of he skips all the remaining events, he probably has to qualify for the worlds which could lead to an awful draw at the crucible.

Forgot about that <doh> He may even have to qualify even if he does play if he carries on losing in the opening rounds <doh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Shut up Ronnie fans. Your man has won five world titles and everything else on multiple occasions, but ye still talk like a defeat to Dark Mavis is a snooker tragedy.

Pussies.

Don't encourage him, he's full of marmite as usual.

Postby TheRocket

With his current ranking he could very easily play someone like Trump in the 2nd round which in my eyes is the worst possible opponent. People might say, Higgins is worse but Higgins isn't playing great and he hasn't produced in the Crucible since 2011.
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Pussies.

Don't encourage him, he's full of marmite as usual.

I'm a class act through and through.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:With his current ranking he could very easily play someone like Trump in the 2nd round which in my eyes is the worst possible opponent. People might say, Higgins is worse but Higgins isn't playing great and he hasn't produced in the Crucible since 2011.

Agree.

With Higgins you will always get chances, especially these days. Whereas with Trump there is always the danger that he could blow you off the table.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:With his current ranking he could very easily play someone like Trump in the 2nd round which in my eyes is the worst possible opponent. People might say, Higgins is worse but Higgins isn't playing great and he hasn't produced in the Crucible since 2011.

Agree.

With Higgins you will always get chances, especially these days. Whereas with Trump there is always the danger that he could blow you off the table.

Trump is infuriating. He'll play like a man possessed against a Sullivan or a Selby, then goes into runt mode against David Finch.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I agree.

Forgot about that <doh> He may even have to qualify even if he does play if he carries on losing in the opening rounds <doh>

The rankings are a joke. Bingham who's done buck all for nearly two years is still ranked number 2 in the world. <doh>

What happened to Barry Hearn's promise of a truly fluid ranking system that indicates current form?

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

Agree.

The ideal scenario for me would be if Ronnie was playing Bingham in the 2nd round which is very much possible looking at the rankings..
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Agree.

Trump is infuriating. He'll play like a man possessed against a Sullivan or a Selby, then goes into runt mode against David Finch.

As if to illustrate your point, he is struggling at this very moment against the guy who makes my usual Saturday night kebab.

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I agree.

The operative word. You would half expect an unseeded O'Sullivan to knock out the majority of the top 16 players he could theoretically face. That said, it's equally possible that he could end up getting a very difficult draw. Selby v O'Sullivan to open proceedings up on Easter Saturday anyone?

The only issue I can see is O'Sullivan is his attitude to the qualifiers at Ponds Forge. - Yes its over 19 frames but he's been caught out in qualifying rounds before. Playing in a venue he's not likely to be up for - he could get caught out.

Like I said - could is an operative word.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:It would be funny if Ronnie won the worlds as a qualifier. <laugh>

That will never happen. if he had to qualify, can't see him being motivated enough to win 3 matches AND then go through the Crucible slog straight after.

Postby TheRocket

Looks like Ronnies poor 2015 season or poor second half of the 14/15 season to be more precise was a blessing in disguise now. That will probably save his Top 16 spot now. Think, he'll be 15th at worst in the end.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Looks like Ronnies poor 2015 season or poor second half of the 14/15 season to be more precise was a blessing in disguise now. That will probably save his Top 16 spot now. Think, he'll be 15th at worst in the end.

It's a sad day when Ronnie has to rely on having a poor 2015 season 2 years ago in order to secure his Top 16 place this season, but that's what it looks like at the moment.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Looks like Ronnies poor 2015 season or poor second half of the 14/15 season to be more precise was a blessing in disguise now. That will probably save his Top 16 spot now. Think, he'll be 15th at worst in the end.

It's a sad day when Ronnie has to rely on having a poor 2015 season 2 years ago in order to secure his Top 16 place this season, but that's what it looks like at the moment.

Not trying to predict anything but if he drops out of the Top 16 after the World Championship or the start of the next season and fails to get back quickly, I think, we might even see an earlier retirement than expected. Especially if he has to qualify for the WC. I doubt he'll do a Hendry and play on for 10 more years when he thinks he just isn't good anymore to win big titles.

I think, it's a very new situation for him atm. I mean, he says and thinks, he's cueing great. Even his pal Jimmy said, Ronnie normaly wouldn't say that if it wasn't true. But it's just not working in the matches.

And it's not like in the pre Peters era when you knew he wasn't in the right shape mentally and lost because of that.

He's in the right shape mentally now and he's trying really hard but he's missing easy balls. The splits doesn't work as it used to be. The safeties not. And he's even choking and getting tense against journeymen.

Postby eraserhead

I don't think Judd will lose this, but this isn't great from him Borg is getting chance after chance.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:I don't think Judd will lose this, but this isn't great from him Borg is getting chance after chance.

Trump will reach the last 16 as he wont lose to page tomorrow, but he may get found out if he faces Carter in that round.

Postby Andre147

One final word regarding Ronnie: fair to say he played his best Snooker at the UK this season, and did well to reach those 3 Finals early on in the season. He could well have won at least one of those had he started better, especially against Selby.

Hes played one good match this year, and that came v Fu. Dont want to be overcritical, but the only matches he played his A game were the 3 Semis: EM v Robbo, CoC v Allen and Masters v Fu. His A game against Kyren came a bit too late.

He wont win many matches being so inconsistent like that, he relies on his A game a lot more than a Selby who can easily win tournaments with his B game.

He's already won The Masters this season, but you can see the missed sitters and the tension is getting to him. Plus the punditry doesnt do him any favours.

I wont care much what he plays until the Worlds, I dont expect him to win any of those tournaments left, so it's all about the Big one and how he can handle it.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:One final word regarding Ronnie: fair to say he played his best Snooker at the UK this season, and did well to reach those 3 Finals early on in the season. He could well have won at least one of those had he started better, especially against Selby.

Hes played one good match this year, and that came v Fu. Dont want to be overcritical, but the only matches he played his A game were the 3 Semis: EM v Robbo, CoC v Allen and Masters v Fu. His A game against Kyren came a bit too late.

He wont win many matches being so inconsistent like that, he relies on his A game a lot more than a Selby who can easily win tournaments with his B game.

He's already won The Masters this season, but you can see the missed sitters and the tension is getting to him. Plus the punditry doesnt do him any favours.

I wont care much what he plays until the Worlds, I dont expect him to win any of those tournaments left, so it's all about the Big one and how he can handle it.

mate thats just you playing down his chances because it will hurt less when he loses and a bonus when he wins.

ive never been like that i wanted Hendry to win every single match and every single tournament no matter how big or small and it hurt like mad when he didnt up until the bitter end in 2012 i wanted and expected him to win.

and i wasent afraid to say that on forums because it added a bit of spice to things

Postby Goldenballs147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Yeah go and do your shitty punditry Ronnie.

Ronnie is just so weird sometimes. How can you possibly enjoy punditry over actually playing the game? I guess that's Ronnie for you.

Some sort of bizarre internal psychological strife at not wanting to "just be a snooker player".

Why he'd rather be a crap pundit as opposed to an amazing snooker player is anyone's guess.

This latest debacle with World Snooker will no doubt have a hand in this current run of form also. O'Sullivan loves to play the victim (sometimes rightly sometimes wrongly) but yet seems to be completely unprepared to handle the situation when he does.